Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Astral Nav

Mainly an issue when DUB insist on operating 28L with and tailwind especially if wet. Really no justification for this unnecessary risk and complication.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭sherology

Oh, it's still not fully operational? Apologies 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 14,403 ✭✭✭✭cson

Does US CBP have the capacity for these extra flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

I flew into Dublin from Toronto yesterday. Pissing rain, landed into the Ryanair gates. Had to use the steps!!! Many people connecting, what a joke of a first impression of this country. Are there not enough T2 stands with airbridges or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

With Aer Lingus? All of their arrivals from Toronto this week are showing as using the 400 gates, formerly known as Pier E at Terminal 2. All were air bridge stands too.

Air Canada, Air Transat and WestJet are all regulars at the ‘Ryanair gates’ officially known as the 100s and formerly as Pier D. All are all non-airbridge stands so stairs are needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭HTCOne

The airline gets the gate they pay for. Contactless stands down at Pier D are cheaper. No idea why AC in particular have gone so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I mean given the situation at Troanto and AC's perforance on the route to DUB this summer. Not sure it was the worst first impression. Least it was an on time arrival!

They are on D because the flight was on time!

This is stand allocation rather than the Canadian carriers cutting costs. YUL/YVR use the 300 and YYZ mostly when over 2 hours late. Its a busy time for 300 gates with a few widebodies arriving and LH, IB, TK bunch of flights.

I think AC would have to schedule there x2 daily flights after one another to have a 300 gate allocated to both.

AC are/were regulars on 200/100 gates over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Murph85

It was air Canada. Over two hours and a half hours after the plane landed, the last bag came out onto the carousel. Mine and a few others bags didnt make it. 2.5 hours after the flight landed to find this out !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

NSB positions tomorrow morning SNN-DUB after a paperwork nightmare; A20N ops pencilled in from Wednesday 28/09. EI152 takes the honours.

Post edited by Jack1985 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

EI to pull BHD base from end of October for Winter 2022/23, Cabin Crew to be offered redeployment. BA to take over services.

• Advertisement

Wow, so that rumour was true. A real shame, they’d built a steady reputation on the Belfast-London market but I guess it’s impossible to justify a base for a single route.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Shamrockj

It is indeed a real shame. Because of Brexit the aircraft need to be re-registered to G reg probably not worth their while having a single aircraft there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭bikeman1

How does Emerald operate from BHD then with EI registered aircraft? They have 5 ATR's based there.

Ryanair have various different bases across the UK with EI reg aircraft, plus OE for Lauda. Also they mention a suspension for winter 22/23, so they may be back in Spring 23.

I would imagine it is down to the cost and the general market ex NI and very poor forward bookings.

They can’t operate domestic flights within the UK on EI registered aircraft soon. Emerald having 5 ac it’s probably worth their while to re register the ac for one ac it’s probably not worth it in case of maintenance etc. I don’t think it’s to do with bookings as BA will be taking over the routes that’s just what I had heard anyway

It has been operating on a wet lease basis for BA since the transition period for Brexit came to an end anyway, clearly always a short term solution however. Originally, three aircraft were assigned to the wet lease.

I believe Emerald are using a similar loophole as a temporary solution until they acquire their UK licence.

Some posts on EI social media to welcome the A320NEO

“ first step in revolutionising our short haul fleet “

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Some posts on their Instagram story

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They have to recycle the names, or else they'd probably have run out on the 737 Classics. There are only so many Irish saints!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

They've already gone down the list of more obscure ones at this stage. One of the Emerald ATRs is "St Elvis / Ailbhe"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Which reg is that?

There is an historic St Elvis. He has a church in Wales.

But Ailbhe should Albert.

In other news:

https://www.cleveland.com/business/2022/09/aer-lingus-expected-to-launch-nonstop-service-from-cleveland-to-dublin-with-600000-incentive-from-the-city.html

Who writes that shite?

“50% less noisy"?????

If only there was a single word (starts with "Q") that already meant that....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Thanks. Have to add it to my long list of aircraft and saints names.

Haven't update dot in about 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Gary walsh 32

Ei nsa taking the bow for the first revenue flight ei 152 to lhr

And speaking of St names ei nsb is st adian taking the name of the first aerlingus plane I travelled on ei cpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Poland2020

May 21st

EI87 DUB 1530-1850 CLE (Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun)

EI86 CLE 2020-0850+1 DUB (Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun)

Flights operated on A321neo aircraft

3rd use of Aiden/Aodhan in the fleet.

2nd use of Thomas/Tomas

Great to see another destination added. I wonder where the aircraft will operate for the other 3 days a week possible Hartford will return or the rumoured Buffalo.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

Great news about Cleveland! Would they not have announced all their 2023 transatlantic routes at the same time or will they just publicise them as and when they've been officially signed off?

Interesting that MSP seems to have been abandoned permanently....

• Advertisement

MSP was an odd one, a victim of circumstance perhaps. Originally a 757 route, it was intended for the A321LR but either unexpected range limitations or the poor runway performance at Dublin meant it was just out of reach so they opted to use the A332 as a stop gap which was admittedly way too much capacity for such a young route in the dead of winter. Less than an year after launch, the pandemic struck which put an end to things. The A332s were put in storage and the limited number of A321LRs available to the airline had found better uses.

The best hope for MSP now is the arrival of the XLR which won’t be until sometime in 2024 at the earliest.

Advertisement