Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,863 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sorolla wrote: »
    Tommy is a nice lad.
    Saw him regularly walking the dog in Iniscrone
    I am sure he is I am only talking about his insipid abysmal musical stylings

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Who is this? Another mate of Joe's?
    Bryan Tubridy had Bono this morning, now Mr. Duffy has Tommy Fleming.
    Is this de Noel Kelly Promo Spot?

Ads for the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Dont give up till it's over

Then you can give up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

"People know your voice so well" but I've never heard of him. Is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭shearforce

that's enough of that sh1te

giphy.gif

till Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

christ dis is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Ah here. Half day in work today because of VE Day over here in England and I tune in to this? Was really hoping for some more 'Normal People' outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

shearforce wrote: »
    that's enough of that sh1te

giphy.gif

till Monday

But but you dont give up till its over

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Tommy is a man? Sorry now, sounds like a mammy from Sligo to me. I've no doubt he's a fine person though, oh and he's a soprano too. Hallelujah.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Off to movies and booze I go. Have a great weekend everyone, and washerands.

• Advertisement

Romania has a medical foundation course, of four years I think. Then you can do a couple of years postgrad you become a doctor, nurse, physio, scientist etc. Our idiotic Medical Council thought it was a full medical degree and employed one or two non-qualified Romanian “doctors” on the basis of it. It’s a course I’d love to do as I find the stuff very easy to learn & understand, but I’d hate to be an actual doctor in an a&e!

In the Czech Republic the dental course is delivered in English and half the students are irish or brits. I ran into a bunch of them and got to know two guys well, one from Offaly, one from Tipp. They told me Dublin rent alone was more than their college fees.

No CAO, no leaving, pay the money. But don't pass and you're out.

Anyway, self made millionaire talking to another. I'm out.

"The weight upon your shoulder will make you a stronger man"

Joe should have patented that before Tommy came up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

Tommy is a man? Sorry now, sounds like a mammy from Sligo to me. I've no doubt he's a fine person though, oh and he's a soprano too. Hallelujah.

Ah, Tommy Soprano - Tony's cousin?

Professional singer sings a song and Joe is amazed.

To prove to the skeptics? Nobody cares enough to question it Joe. It's just the usual RTE mates club nonsense.

2smiggy wrote: »
    that's what exactly will happen

I think, yes they should be allowed do medicine if that is their genuine dream and they find themselves suited, BUT that they should be required to pay back at least some of it from their salary for first three years of employment or so. There is some suchlike scheme in Oz, I believe.

Cancer

We couldn't have a Liveline without it

Edit: Cancer x 2

That is a sh1t situation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Maybe you're part of the system then Butters? What Duffy is principally suggesting is that anyone who has applied for 3rd level gets a place and then the wheat is sorted from the chaff after the 1st year. He's then muddied the waters by suggesting they get their first 'choice' on their CAO application which is clearly daft.

But the above is broadly how I understand the USA college system works. Students enter certain faculties, study a general core course inc standard modules in math and English etc., with a few other chosen modules and only after they've settled into the system do they progress onto their chosen undergrad programmes proper.

Like Mr. Duffy now Barry I think you're being rather selective and hearing what you want to hear to back up your position. You're giving him far too much credit in your opening sentence when his actual and oft-stated position was clearly the piece I've highlighted in bold, and which you yourself agree is "daft".

It's how some Universities in the US work, but not all.

Also, it's not as simple to just change an entire syllabus for X number of courses amd Y number of stewdents in a few months.

You don't just go in and give a lecture off the p of your head. A course has to be set and approved, and exams for said course submited too at that point. It's really not as easy as you're trying to make it out to be.

Anyway, I'm out, have a good weekend folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

Oh mudderophuk this is awfuller than usual - see y'all Monday.

• Advertisement

"How are you doing Anne?". In his fake pained voice.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Leaving Cert kids, now that’s a problem and she’s a great attitude

joe blindsided by death for once

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is good he is singing live, it gives me the creeps when it is a dead person singing.

Carrickfergus and Charleville hase the same amount of syllables.

I think I'm going mad.

mike denver eyes freak me out allows following me in posters

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

sligojoek wrote: »
    Carrickfergus and Charleville hase the same amount of syllables.

Alex Ferguson once said if Tommy could play football like he sings then he would be the best footballer in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 31,863 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Anne is a great backing singer....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

You don't just go in and give a lecture off the p of your head. A course has to be set and approved, and exams for said course submited too at that point. It's really not as easy as you're trying to make it out to be. Anyway, I'm out, have a good weekend folks.

Of course it wouldn't be entirely straightforward Butters. Would require preparatory work on behalf of colleges and lecturers. But sure aren't they intelligent people with a whole summer ahead to put in the ground work..

Or would we suspect blow back from the staff unions. No one like change and a bit of extra work that's for sure.

I'd say there's a fair few 2nd level teachers breathing a sigh of relief now. Saved from that summer work and all's needed is to attend a few zoom meetings and give out a few grades :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement