Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 5.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I hope I never have to apply for any kind of loan again in my life.

I won't know how to explain that I've spent about 2.4 million on takeaway coffees in the past 14 months.

Frustrated? Me?

Wife got a voucher code for 40 quid off her next order with base pizza.

Tried to order online and it says they are closed and open at 6.13 (random number I know).

Look up Google and it says they are open.

Call them. Can I use the voucher code over the phone? No you need to use it online. It says you are closed and open at 6.13.

Silence.

Oh...that's because we are busy and the next time you can order online is 6.13.

Can I order now over the phone? Yes.

Is it not a bit stupid that I can't order online until you reach an arbitrary time but I can pick up the phone and order whenever I like.

I suppose it is to be honest.

Ok....bye bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

You need to start a podcast.

You need to start a podcast.

Would you be my first guest Thomond?

Any ideas for a name?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

mfceiling wrote: »
    Would you be my first guest Thomond?

Any ideas for a name?

More than a mfceiling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Dancing on the mfceiling

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

mfceiling wrote: »
    Frustrated? Me?

Wife got a voucher code for 40 quid off her next order with base pizza.

Tried to order online and it says they are closed and open at 6.13 (random number I know).

Look up Google and it says they are open.

Call them. Can I use the voucher code over the phone? No you need to use it online. It says you are closed and open at 6.13.

Silence.

Oh...that's because we are busy and the next time you can order online is 6.13.

Can I order now over the phone? Yes.

Is it not a bit stupid that I can't order online until you reach an arbitrary time but I can pick up the phone and order whenever I like.

I suppose it is to be honest.

Ok....bye bye.

This the one in Terenure? Had the same ballockology before. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Had myself Boco pizza earlier. Not sure there's a better takeaway pizza on the north side. Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Fired Up Pizza beside the Goat in Goatstown is probably the best pizza place I've eaten in for years. The Proof is in the Pudding pizza is feckin' lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭swiwi_

553219.jpeg

Best pizza I had was last night at my place: whisky tasting evening and my Italiano-Slovenian colleague brought his own ingredients and whipped up handmade pizzas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭jacothelad

BUDDY.jpg

My lovely dog Buddy passed away this afternoon from lymphoma. He was a great friend and companion and the house has suddenly developed a huge empty space.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,264 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Very sorry to hear Jaco.

He was a majestic looking dog

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Very sorry to hear Jaco.

He was a majestic looking dog

He was just fabulous in every way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

No doubt about it, he was one magnificent looking dog. My condolences, Jaco.

jacothelad wrote: »
    He was just fabulous in every way.

I'm very sorry to hear that Jaco... you had a good final few months with him, so treasure the memories

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

BUDDY.jpg

My lovely dog Buddy passed away this afternoon from lymphoma. He was a great friend and companion and the house has suddenly developed a huge empty space.

Sorry to hear that. Always devastating when your dog passes, they are so much more than just a pet.

No doubt about it, he was one magnificent looking dog. My condolences, Jaco.

He was a very 'stately' and magnificent dog. Big, elegant, quiet and loving...even cats were safe with him.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Always devastating when your dog passes, they are so much more than just a pet.

Thanks Stephen. It is so true. He spent every waking second of his life with me. One of the benefits of being old and of course one of the drawbacks is that your pet becomes entwined in every facet of your life. I will be very lonely without the big fella laying his head on my knee at night. It's going to be a difficult time ahead. The decision was the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life but it was the right one. He had crumbled under the onslaught of lymphoma in the last few days.

So sorry to hear that Jaco.

My god he was a fine looking fellow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Awful news Jaco. Buddy was fortunate to spend his life with you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Sorry to hear Jaco, but 100% the correct call to put him out of his suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

He was a very 'stately' and magnificent dog. Big, elegant, quiet and loving...even cats were safe with him.

The canine Willie John!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭kuang1

Thanks Stephen. It is so true. He spent every waking second of his life with me. One of the benefits of being old and of course one of the drawbacks is that your pet becomes entwined in every facet of your life. I will be very lonely without the big fella laying his head on my knee at night. It's going to be a difficult time ahead. The decision was the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life but it was the right one. He had crumbled under the onslaught of lymphoma in the last few days.

Awfully sad for you Jaco.

Check in here as often as you like if it helps, you'll never be short of a bit of support from this lot.

kuang1 wrote: »
    Awfully sad for you Jaco.

Check in here as often as you like if it helps, you'll never be short of a bit of support from this lot.

Thanks everyone for your kindness. I have just realised the path ahead for me is going to be a lonely one. As I am in my 70s I'm not sure about getting another dog.

“Give sorrow words. The grief that does not speak whispers the o’erfraught heart and bids it break.”

Thanks everyone for your kindness. I have just realised the path ahead for me is going to be a lonely one. As I am in my 70s I'm not sure about getting another dog.

“Give sorrow words. The grief that does not speak whispers the o’erfraught heart and bids it break.”

It's too early to be thinking about that jaco, but perhaps when your grieving is over....a rescue dog... A couple of years old might be an idea

It's too early to be thinking about that jaco, but perhaps when your grieving is over....a rescue dog... A couple of years old might be an idea

That has been in my mind from time to time over the last few weeks but it felt staggeringly disloyal. Stuoid I know. It would be great to go back to Donegal beaches with a dog again. Climb the local Munros here in the Highlands with him. Maybe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

BUDDY.jpg

Really sorry to hear that Jaco, he was an absolute beaut, and I’m sure you gave him a very happy life.

aloooof wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear that Jaco, he was an absolute beaut, and I’m sure you gave him a very happy life.
    Yes, he lived a great life. Lots of travel, beaches, mountains and love and affection...and carefully weighed food.

Sad time Jaco, take good care of yourself and take pride in having given Buddy such a great life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Sorry to hear Jaco, but sounds like Buddy had the best life possible, with the best human friend possible.

Advertisement