Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hermetix silage covers

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

morphy87 wrote: »
    Yeah it’s a heavy sheet with a few layers, dark green on top and it’s very strong so it’s very hard to tear

Will you try roll it back and save it or just cut it off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

So more or less nothing, that’s good to hear

Yes, other side with the side sheet is perfect
    It will mean all I'll need to is roll back the cover and dad can feed this hearts content!

Also I wont listen to the loader driver next year when he says I dont need to bother with the side sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭morphy87

richie123 wrote: »
    Will you try roll it back and save it or just cut it off
    Probably roll it back, I rolled last years back but I still bought a new one this year

Probably roll it back, I rolled last years back but I still bought a new one this year

11 grand it cost me to make bales this year on top of pit silage.
    My plan next year is to put up another silage slab and use the heavy mesh plastic on top of two covers.use feck all tyres ...every time I've a few acres of heavy grass to strong to graze just strip pit and pit the grass rather than bales.
    My heart is broke with two many bales
    Good few left over from last year and there half rotten...bloody costly nuisance
    We cut our own silage.contractor bales and wraps hence the high cost we have for bales.

Opened my pit two weeks ago, I used the cling film and a new hermetix silage cover, the pit was covered to the same standard as every other year,I have no waste at all, I was exspecting good results but not as good as this, I would highly recommend this,thanks for all the advice I got here, the people that were here that used it and gave good reports was the reason I said I would chance it,I would upload photos but not great at doing these things

• Advertisement

Not so bad! I'm guessing you had no trouble with crows picking holes ?

richie123 wrote: »
    Not so bad! I'm guessing you had no trouble with crows picking holes ?
    I had a lot of trouble last year but this year I put up two scare crow symbols and I had no trouble this year, never touched it

Advertisement