Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hermetix silage covers

Options
  • 29-04-2020 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

Just saw an ad for hermetix silage covers,by reading it you only need one cover if I am correct? I am just wondering has any used these and if so what did you make of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

morphy87 wrote: »
    Just saw an ad for hermetix silage covers,by reading it you only need one cover if I am correct? I am just wondering has any used these and if so what did you make of them?

Have you a link ? Any info about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭morphy87

richie123 wrote: »
    Have you a link ? Any info about it

Sorry I’m not great with technology but I think I saw it on agriland last year as well

Sorry I’m not great with technology but I think I saw it on agriland last year as well

Go to the article your reading ,click on the 3 dots on top right hand corner..go to copy link.
    Then come back to this page and where u type message just hold your finger on the message (your writing)the word paste comes up,just click paste and bang :)

Go to the article your reading ,click on the 3 dots on top right hand corner..go to copy link.
    Then come back to this page and where u type message just hold your finger on the message (your writing)the word paste comes up,just click paste and bang :)

Was reading agriland yesterday and their was a video on it regarding silage covers and they were discussing the hermetix cover and also this under layer cover that goes on before the hermetix cover, its a film like cling film, have a look at the video and see what you think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Was reading agriland yesterday and their was a video on it regarding silage covers and they were discussing the hermetix cover and also this under layer cover that goes on before the hermetix cover, its a film like cling film, have a look at the video and see what you think

Yes used them last year and have used it again this year on a pit done yesterday.
    Very happy with them. No waste bar a bit at the wall. It's a much tougher plastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Bazzer007

Video on the Glanbia Connect Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/627119097300121/posts/4112220968789899/

Ya I used that cling film stuff too it's very flimsy to put on pit ..eg u can't walk on it..can't tell u if it was any good because the crows came and destroyed the plastic before I put net on so that ended that.

Ya I used that cling film stuff too it's very flimsy to put on pit ..eg u can't walk on it..can't tell u if it was any good because the crows came and destroyed the plastic before I put net on so that ended that.

Would you recommend the cling film?

Yes used them last year and have used it again this year on a pit done yesterday.
    Very happy with them. No waste bar a bit at the wall. It's a much tougher plastic

Did you use the cling film along with the hermetix cover? Also do you only use the one new cover or do you put an old one underneath like most people do with the normal covers

Did you use the cling film along with the hermetix cover? Also do you only use the one new cover or do you put an old one underneath like most people do with the normal covers

Yes used cling film. Essy enough put, contractor stays and covers pit here so that helps.
    New cover every year. And just use one hermatex along with the film.
    Couldnt be bothered trying to save the old one for a few hundred euro

• Advertisement

Yes used cling film. Essy enough put, contractor stays and covers pit here so that helps.
    New cover every year. And just use one hermatex along with the film.
    Couldnt be bothered trying to save the old one for a few hundred euro

Thanks for that, just one more question would you recommend the film with the cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭alps

Would you recommend the cling film?

The cling film is absolutely brilliant....well worth it..

alps wrote: »

Yeah definitely. We bought a 16m x 50m roll there for 42e itll do the second pit easily I'd say.

alps wrote: »
    When you started using it did you notice much of a reduction in your silage waste? And are they easy to use when covering the pit?

Yeah definitely. We bought a 16m x 50m roll there for 42e itll do the second pit easily I'd say.

Where did u purchase ? If u don't mind my asking.

Where did u purchase ? If u don't mind my asking.

Glanbia

Where did you get the cling film? Finding it hard to get decent sizes,8mx50m is all I can seem to get which would make it awkward for covering

Where did you get the cling film? Finding it hard to get decent sizes,8mx50m is all I can seem to get which would make it awkward for covering

Waterford Agri services are worth a shout too ..there's different brands of film some better than others seemingly.

Waterford Agri services are worth a shout too ..there's different brands of film some better than others seemingly.

Sound

Does the cling film fold out like plastic? Just the only roll I can get I will have to roll it out then cut it and roll again,the one roll will do the pit but I will have to cut it to do the other side so if I let one side out and then the other side down the back of the pit will it be easy to fold out? How do you put it on? Usually I roll out my plastic cover the pit then roll back up the plastic and pull it back as I am putting on the tyres but with the cling seal I won’t be able to do this as I can’t walk on the seal so how would you recommend this? If I had the right size roll their would be no bother just let my cling seal down the pit and don’t roll off any more till I would’ve bringing the plastic as I would roll them together, sorry about the long post

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me when you roll out the cling seal can you roll it back up like the plastic and then un roll It and bring it back with the plastic?

Can anyone tell me when you roll out the cling seal can you roll it back up like the plastic and then un roll It and bring it back with the plastic?

Ya you can ..I did it myself the other day

Ya you can ..I did it myself the other day

Yeah I was just wondering as the sales rep told me you couldn’t roll it back or walk on it so I was wondering if you couldn’t walk on it or roll it back how could you put the plastic on,what brand did you use? Cling seal itself?

Yeah I was just wondering as the sales rep told me you couldn’t roll it back or walk on it so I was wondering if you couldn’t walk on it or roll it back how could you put the plastic on,what brand did you use? Cling seal itself?

Ya have to roll it back ..and I've walked on it too even though u shouldn't ..cable tying a bit of a duvet cover to ur bootsbwould be d job :):)
    Clampfilm was the brand I used

Ya have to roll it back ..and I've walked on it too even though u shouldn't ..cable tying a bit of a duvet cover to ur bootsbwould be d job :):)
    Clampfilm was the brand I used

Sound, I got the cling film, I said I’d chance it, going covering the pit tomorrow hopefully I should see an improvement in regards waste on the sides

All the feedback I got here was very much appreciated🤙

Sound, I got the cling film, I said I’d chance it, going covering the pit tomorrow hopefully I should see an improvement in regards waste on the sides

All the feedback I got here was very much appreciated🀙

Fair play can u post up the brand size and cost if u don't mind

Fair play can u post up the brand size and cost if u don't mind

Forgot the price as I stuck it down to the account but it was visqueen the company that makes it but when I priced it, it wasn’t too bad when he told me when I get the invoice I will put it up

Forgot the price as I stuck it down to the account but it was visqueen the company that makes it but when I priced it, it wasn’t too bad when he told me when I get the invoice I will put it up

Ya that's same cover I got.very good one.try not walk on it though it's very hard not to.
    If u think ur gonna have d slightest issue with crows put on a net straight away.
    I had a pit destroyed with crows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭nhg

Can you use the clingseal with two new 500g silage covers over it like we always use - 60 X 120 covers with tyres on top.

We have a wall to one side of the pit with most waste at the sides.

• Advertisement

nhg wrote: »
    Can you use the clingseal with two new 500g silage covers over it like we always use - 60 X 120 covers with tyres on top.

We have a wall to one side of the pit with most waste at the sides.

Ye no issue but you could just buy one sheet of hermatex for the same money though
    We were able to reuse our single sheet of hermatex this year with new clingfilm underneath,
    Wonder could I keep dad and his knife away from it for this winter

Advertisement