Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭John.G

Received a letter yesterday, posted in the UK on 2nd Feb but had no Postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ma88

wow, have got a letter posted on the 20th feb'23 - international tracked & signed and nothig showed up yet, by tracking it, just the day it was posted shows up since, nothing else! and i need that so badly . . . can't rely on the post system these days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

actually the letter arrived today, it was posted 22/12/2022 - only 10 weeks of a delay!!!!😱

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ma88

arrived after 17 days, thank God, have an appointment later on today where was needed, so got very lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Srfcsean

departed Dublin , your item departed a transfer airport dublin , five days ago now , does it update on an post at all or is there no tracking once it leaves USA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Is An Post tracking working at all at the moment...? Was supposed to receive a Boots parcel today posted yesterday and traveling within Dublin but it has never even appeared on tracking. They had some maintenance yesterday but not sure if that had any effect on tracking. Haven't seen the postman since we moved into DST, I guess it was too much for him. 😝

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I just got a Boots parcel today in Dublin from An Post (van).

I got a text yesterday from An Post saying it would be delivered next working day.

And there was a tracking number in the Boots "Your order has left our warehouse" email which I could put in to the An Post tracking website for status updates. The number was in format CAXXXXXXXXXIE

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I got the "Your order has left our warehouse" email from Boots yesterday with a similar tracking code and it is supposed to arrive today. Nothing comes up with the tracking code though. I hope it arrives!

Edit: Postman just visited, no parcel.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'm finding that there are bigger and bigger gaps in the tracking. It used to be Dublin/Portlaoise sorting centre> Local cork centre> Out on delivery>delivered.

It now goes Dublin sorting centre>delivered.

I've also noticed that it's more and more common that the delivery is never even registered as being delivered. The last mention might be arriving at the sorting centre or having been sorted for delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just to make a liar out of me, they included the local PO >Out for delivery on yesterday and today's deliveries. They have never missed finishing off the process with the delivered status, in fairness.

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LfcIreland

This means your parcel has landed in Dublin by Usps and is handed over to An post. But as this parcel is from the US it will go into a room awaiting Customs approval before an Post acan it and update the tracking.

Have you gotten an update yet, if so how long did it take for Anpost to uodate the tracking?

Im also at the stage you where at, and wondering how long customs are taking to clear

Currently expecting several parcels which have left Spain, France and Poland last Wednesday and Thursday... I guess it was too optimistic to think they'd be here today or even show up on An Post tracking. But sometimes that has happened, a delivery about two days after leaving the country for Ireland so I was hoping for a miracle.

Only the parcel from France has arrived... Spanish parcel left Spain a week ago and still no sign of it in Ireland... Polish parcel has left Poland six days ago and no updates on that either. And a letter that was sent from Belgium on Friday was already supposed to be here and it's also missing. What is up, An Post?!

Does anyone know if An Post changes the tracking code for parcels sent from Spain using Correos? I've been waiting for a small letter from Spain for over two weeks and the trail ends when it left Spain 14 days ago. Sadly, the sender used Correos which has a bad reputation but I only learnt this after the letter was sent already. I'm super disappointed not to receive the item I bought from Spain because cannot get it elsewhere and now it's sold out. Happy though that all the other parcels I mentioned above have arrived now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭SourSessions

My catnip got stopped by customs... Wonder what they think it is 🤔

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated, tracking goes as follows , accepted in post office , sorted in d12 , then out for delivery in my county, then we tried to deliver your post , reason , incomplete address , then four hours later , your delivery is in my local d.s.u , it’s been there two days now , my question is if I go to the dsu will they help me out ?? According to an post it will be returned to sender that was two days ago as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭SourSessions

If it says returned to sender it probably had incomplete customs information. They've been sending everything back if it doesn't conform exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Does anyone get regular mail from the UK? I get the occasional letter that arrives with the postman and recently its been 10 days or longer before they arrive. Last one was letter from solicitor correctly addressed with an eircode and it took 12 days. Prior to that a correspondence with the NS&I went on for ages with each one of their letters taking more than 10 days from the postmark. Is this just a case of An Post not bothering because they don't get any money for sorting and delivering external mail? Is recorded delivery from the UK anymore reliable?

Wake me up when it's all over.

It was sent from Dublin 🇮🇪 To 🇮🇪 So If it’s still showing in my local dsu after bank holiday I’m going in to enquire about it and see can I pick it up crazy carry on altogether

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

>Is this just a case of An Post not bothering because they don't get any money for sorting and delivering external mail?

They do money for delivering international mail. There is a Universal Postal Union that sorts out renumeration for that sort of thing. Of course Countries have to pay the receiving country to deliver the post. Like, why would La Poste accept anything from An Post, Royal Mail, USPS, Correos if there is nothing in it for them. That's why you can buy a load of cheap **** on China and get "Free" postage, they are still classed as a transitioning or a Tier 4 country on the scale of 1-5 so don't have to give An Post as much for say a 500gram packet as Royal Mail does, or any other developed country.

This is from 2018 but still relevant.

>USPS recently stated that the failure to cover USPS’s costs for inbound mail was caused by the terminal dues system. For example, currently, USPS is paid between $1.13 and $1.87 in terminal dues to deliver a 10-ounce packet from a developing country, an amount that does not include any additional surcharges for tracking and other features. Conversely, USPS officials told us that the published domestic rates for a 10-ounce piece of mail range from $1.61 to the highest commercial rate of $3.46.

Update on this... The parcel finally arrived after 49 days in transit... 🤣 I guess I can consider myself lucky it arrived at all! Was supposed to take 3 to 5 days.

Currently waiting for another parcel within Ireland but has been sorted in Portlaoise for two days now. I don't know if it's the rainy Friday after all those sunny, warm days but not a postman in sight for the whole day in our neighbourhood. Hard to believe no mail for anyone in this area as there are quite a lot of houses and apartments and the postman has quite a lot to deliver every week day. Amazon Express came though, like it usually does.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Sent a standard letter from Dublin to Cork last week as part of my SUSI application and apparently they still didn't receive them, looks like I'll have to resend and use registered post. I really thought with standard post it would arrive next day, apparently not!

I'm just having the worst luck with mail it seems. A gift from Estonia was supposed to arrive ages ago, sent over two weeks ago, left the country on 24th of August so has been making its way here for at least seven work days (An Post told me it might take 7 to 10 days) now. In many countries the post has a different tracking system from what they make available for customers so they might be able to tell you where the parcel is before it shows on their website but An Post never can. It's the same old song every time, "we can't find it in our system, it will show there once we have scanned it". The sender told me their post said there were some delays with several deliveries to Ireland but An Post had never heard of any delays. Typical. I am starting to feel my parcel will never arrive. I really could use some message board magic right about now..

Not that anyone visits this thread anymore, a full investigation has been launched now involving An Post, Omniva and air carriers. No parcel and I doubt it will ever arrive but there's still hope (see my earlier post about the Spanish parcel taking 2 months to arrive).

I wonder if there is some sort of a bigger problem with deliveries that we're not being told about. It's gotten to a point where I've stopped ordering from abroad because of all these hiccups.

Post edited by ShayNanigan on

😂😂 i only check threads when I have problems so if there’s any threads relating to my problems , but I can’t even get registered post from dublin to me so I physically have use transport now and get wat I need meself , an post is a shambles Mod; <SNIP> Read the charter , I’ve three or four parcels all sorted for months now , investigations started and zero outcome ,

It's worse they are getting. Quite a few times international DHL parcels arrive in Dublin Saturday afternoon and are delivered Tuesday. The latest one I have is an internal delivery from East Cork to Inishannon a distance of 49km. Posted with tracked service on Thursday. Sorted in Little Island on Thursday at 6pm. Sent to Portlaoise, where it was sorted on Thursday night. Portlaoise? It was then sent to Cork South City DSU this morning, 4 days later, supposedly for delivery today. I sent a parcel to Gort at the same time on Thursday which was delivered on Friday........

I don't know what's going on but weirdly enough, it seems it really does depend on which country the parcel was sent from. Currently any item from France, Germany or Netherlands arrives in 3 days while parcels from Spain, Nordic countries or Baltic countries take anywhere from 1.5 to 2 months to arrive. Belgium, Poland and the like take about 5 to 7 days. Are deliveries prioritised somehow according to origin? Are some countries paying more for faster delivery at some point on the logistics chain? All the deliveries I'm referring to that I've had in the past few months were regular ones meaning posted via regular mail, no priority delivery or courier service but through national postal services.

Maybe some countries are shipping it in faster? Maybe the postal services don’t have a lot for Ireland, and let it build up. An Post wouldn’t have any influence over incoming post either way. Bad and all as they are I don’t see why An Post would leave envelopes sitting around for months undelivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Are there any delays with anPost recently?

Sold some stuff online to be posted from Galway to Dublin abd paid for Express parcel.Lad at the post office said 24h.Sent on wed and its stuck in Athlone since wed 😂😂.

Advertisement