Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

YMSB89 wrote: »
    Placed an order from a company in the UK and unfortunately the courier service is Hermes :( - the last update on their tracking system is the 5th of December saying ‘we’ve got your parcel’. This is an Xmas present and very worried at this stage it’s not going to arrive. They are impossible to get through to. Any advice on what I should do?

There’s nothing you can do only wait.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Placed an order from a company in the UK and unfortunately the courier service is Hermes :( - the last update on their tracking system is the 5th of December saying ‘we’ve got your parcel’. This is an Xmas present and very worried at this stage it’s not going to arrive. They are impossible to get through to. Any advice on what I should do?

If its Look Fantastic, it's gone, they are absolutely shocking! or Hermes are, not sure which. Could you print out an image of the gift and put it in a card and at least if its late or after Christmas you can just explain what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Henryq.

Amazon package leaving UK yesterday delivery this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

pc7 wrote: »
    If its Look Fantastic, it's gone, they are absolutely shocking! or Hermes are, not sure which. Could you print out an image of the gift and put it in a card and at least if its late or after Christmas you can just explain what happened.

Not necessarily - my LF order finally showed up and was delivered by Fastway after a 2 and a half week wait!

Just waiting on my EMP order now and that's all my presents in. An Post tracker says it's getting ready for delivery - the relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

Oh no. I have been keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone was waiting from something from LF. 17track shows my LF parcel was at a national sorting hub on 30 Nov. I tried the tracking number on both An Post website and Fastway website, as I saw that another poster had something delivered by Fastway. Still waiting on my December birchbox as well which is usually delivered by An Post. No sign of that either. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 TheBarnacle

aoife1991 wrote: »
    Oh no. I have been keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone was waiting from something from LF. 17track shows my LF parcel was at a national sorting hub on 30 Nov. I tried the tracking number on both An Post website and Fastway website, as I saw that another poster had something delivered by Fastway. Still waiting on my December birchbox as well which is usually delivered by An Post. No sign of that either. :(

I ordered from LF on Nov 29th and it arrived yesterday (14th) so there are long delays but hopefully yours will turn up soon also.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

aoife1991 wrote: »

Check out the advent calendar thread, LF made a huge balls up, they seem all over the place. They are still emailing me about a parcel I’ve received saying it’s still with Irish final chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Parcel from England posted on 27/11. Landed at Dublin Depot 02/12. Sorted in Dublin parcel hub, Dublin 12 on 11/12. Delivered yesterday 14/12.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

Check out the advent calendar thread, LF made a huge balls up, they seem all over the place. They are still emailing me about a parcel I’ve received saying it’s still with Irish final chain.

Saw that and posted there too. It's very irritating! Hopefully it will turn up. I have had stuff delivered by An Post recently that didn't come with preceding texts or emails so hopefully they actually have the advent calendar.

I have 3 orders from Look Fantastic waiting at least 2 weeks at this stage - they seem to be completely stuck somewhere ...likewise this morning I got a message from a website in the Netherlands saying item I ordered is now stuck in a backlog with DHL and will be delayed significantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Parcel from England posted on 27/11. Landed at Dublin Depot 02/12. Sorted in Dublin parcel hub, Dublin 12 on 11/12. Delivered yesterday 14/12.

Very useful to give timeline ideas of how backed up things are. Thanks. Waiting on a small parcel coming from the bottom of Cornwall that was posted on the 27th. No tracking numbers just working on the assumption it will get here when it get's here.

Very useful to give timeline ideas of how backed up things are. Thanks. Waiting on a small parcel coming from the bottom of Cornwall that was posted on the 27th. No tracking numbers just working on the assumption it will get here when it get's here.

I had one arrive posted early December

I posted a parcel within Ireland today and was told unlikely it would make it before Christmas. I did tracking and swift in the hope it might! Will keep you’s posted, she said I could be lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

How long are people waiting for deliveries from Germany? Package started with DHL in Germany and An Post for Irish part of journey. Placed the order on Monday evening of last week, it arrived at Cologne airport on Wednesday 9th but no update since.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

My last one from Germany was in the airport since the 4th until when an post checked it in yesterday and delivered this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

BArra wrote: »
    small parcel posted from dublin on 1st dec, still not arrived to cork

still not arrived - should i request a replacement be sent to me or keep waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Im the same - no update since 5th Dec. Its a gift of shoes for my father. He wont be too upset if it doesnt arrive before Christmas. Its just annoying its being delivered with Hermes. Never heard anything good about them :(

I ordered a small item on Amazon Monday and it just arrived, they are lucky they are doing their own deliveries!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Ordered two small items from the Czech Republic last month. Supplier informed me that he posted on the 3rd November. He came back the next day with proof of postage and my correct address, according to Czech Post, item “left their jurisdiction” on the 11th November.
    So I want to the local sorting office, they were very friendly, but didn’t want to see the Czech documents, couldn’t tell me what route the item may have taken, where it might be etc.etc..
    All I got was, “There’s huge backlogs in Dublin ( I’m in Kildare) , don’t worry , it’ll probably arrive soon. Keep the faith.”
    Wonderful.

The postmen are too busy with Amazon to deliver the mail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

ordered something on amazon the night of the 12th Dec ...... it arrived this morning 16th. Can't see any problems with post. But I ordered something a few weeks ago which came from Spain, it got stuck in Liverpool for about a week. So perhaps the delays are in mainland europe before things arrive in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I'd be expecting new items into the postal system should've peaked or be close to peaking at this point.

Hopefully they'll be able to work their way through the backlog before next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Ordered something from Germany on Nov 26th, last update from DHL Post is Dec 1st in Cologne Airport saying it'll be handed to An Post with an anpost tracking link, which doesnt show it recieved yet. its a medium size package 1.5 Kg in weight. :(

After two emails to DHL my parcel has now arrived in An Post sorting center in Laois. Praying that it can get here before Christmas but the worker I was chatting to on webchat said that it might be after Christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

TheSegal wrote: »
    After two emails to DHL my parcel has now arrived in An Post sorting center in Laois. Praying that it can get here before Christmas but the worker I was chatting to on webchat said that it might be after Christmas :(

I'd still be fairly confident that your parcel will arrive before xmas.

What email address did you use? I have being going around in circles on the DHL website and cant find one, tried fill out a form but it was all in German, and it keeps adding sections every time i click submit.

Boscoirl wrote: »
    What email address did you use? I have being going around in circles on the DHL website and cant find one, tried fill out a form but it was all in German, and it keeps adding sections every time i click submit.

I used this: https://www.dhl.com/ie-en/home/our-divisions/parcel/private-customers/customer-service/contact.html

It's not great but it must have done something! I'm pretty confident my parcel will arrive before Christmas. Honestly i'm just relieved that it wasn't lost in Germany! That was starting to become my biggest concern, graphics cards aren't cheap!

Thank you very much,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ordered two small items from the Czech Republic last month. Supplier informed me that he posted on the 3rd November. He came back the next day with proof of postage and my correct address, according to Czech Post, item “left their jurisdiction” on the 11th November.
    So I want to the local sorting office, they were very friendly, but didn’t want to see the Czech documents, couldn’t tell me what route the item may have taken, where it might be etc.etc..
    All I got was, “There’s huge backlogs in Dublin ( I’m in Kildare) , don’t worry , it’ll probably arrive soon. Keep the faith.”
    Wonderful.

Just because they say it has gone, doesn't mean it has. DHL, Austria Post, Spanish Post, USPS all say the same thing. Have a look and see how many flights are coming from Czech republic to Ireland. Probably none or very few. Even less trucks. Same with all of Europe at the moment. Mind you, An Post will drag their feet too an arrival, and not scan it until it suits them. In fairness, uits not their Jon to look up Czech shipments to Ireland, the sender should be doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Not An Post, but I ordered an item off Amazon, with an approximate free delivery of Dec. 26th. I wanted it for christmas (a gift I'd forgotten). So I looked at the paid options, £6 would give it to me approximately by the 24th, or £7.50 would get it to me with next day delivery, or a full refund if it didn't arrive in time.

I wasn't here to accept the parcel, but a courier just delivered it today (ordered about 5am on Monday night/Tuesday morning - so about 30 hours or so). I'm very surprised. I expected, especially given the time of year, that I'd get it before Christmas, but wasn't actually anticipating they'd get it to me on the next working day.

I'm genuinely perplexed as to how that's even possible, given the situation at the moment (national post service crippled, covid restrictions, week before Christmas, etc).

Ordered a few items last week and from amazon as well and arrived today. Way due 21st. Items are only staying in dublin for 1 or 2 days depending on what time they arrive there.

Advertisement