Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

Is anyone else having issues this happening over the last few months: Your post has been sent to the wrong delivery office

I live in Dublin have had packages wrongly sent to Dublin 1, Little Island (Cork) and Waterford so far this year. That's 3 out of a total of 5 tracked packages An Post have delivered to me since April. For all I know it's happening with untracked letters also as some have definitely taken longer than they should have.

Is there something wrong with An Post's automated sorting system? Dublin I would get somewhat, but how do they end up in different counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Srfcsean

still not received 😂😂🤦🤦

Post edited by Srfcsean on

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭monkeyactive

Folks any idea how long the wait is from paying An Post the VAT and handling Fee for goods ordered from outside EU to An Post delivering.

Paid for my charges on their online portal a week and 3 days ago , received receipt of payment but still waiting on delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I got my post on Monday having paid the customs and admin fee online on Friday morning.

On another note, posted a return to Amazon(Portlaoise) on Thursday morning and it's still there now. Not sure if they have not updated it but normally it's pretty accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 ubermick

Great stuff, an post. I just had to send in a small pile of original documents over from America (marriage cert, my daughter's birth cert, and my own long form birth cert) to the DFA in Dublin for my daughter's passport application... which is currently sitting with that infamous "Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND" for the last fortnight. Fingers crossed they don't lose it, otherwise I need to order a new birth cert for myself from home, which will take ages, then have to send it all back in again.

Sake!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That usually means that it has been handed over to an airline to transport to Ireland, but they haven't updated their tracking. Its probably not in Dublin yet,

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ubermick

Nice one. Honestly, I'm kicking myself for sending it "normal airmail" with tracking. Weird too, when I send Christmas cards and the like they're there in a fortnight, this has been pushing a month and is just an envelope as well. It's like adding the tracking holds it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Usps are a joke at present in the US, so I suspect their international system is equally a joke.

Can't see this as an anpost issue as that tracking message gives an incorrect indication that it has traveled and processed in the destination country.

All it has done is scanned out of the international hub in the US and sitting in a holding area

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Srfcsean

Have a few parcels stuck in Dublin mail centre , tracking just sez (we have your delivery) hoping it gets sorted soon as I’m waiting for it 🙏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Anybody know how long i should expect to wait for a package shipped from France? It was posted by Colissimo / La Poste and last tracking was on Saturday stating the package was ready to leave France and will be handed to the carrier. Nothing on an post tracking yet even when I change last 2 letter to IE. I think they handle deliveries.

I'm probably being a bit impatient, but would be nice to have it before the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

Don't change the last two letters to IE, that's not how it works. IE means it has been shipped from (or labelled in) Ireland. Use the original tracking number.

Ok thanks, still not coming up under original tracking. Hopefully will appear tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭ShayNanigan

I'm on the same boat as you... Waiting for a package from France, tracking shows it arrived in Dublin yesterday but it's the usual ransom note by An Post, "we've got your mail" and nothing since... Usually it means it will be sorted and delivered the next day but not sure this time. It left France early on Saturday morning. Hopefully we'll both get our packages soon!

Oh, at least you have tracking on An Post website. Mine was shipped on Friday and nothing appearing yet for me.

Hopefully we both them by the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Have you got a an post tracking number yet? My DHL order left Germany on Friday and still no update on the An Post tracking site.

Nope,nothing yet appearing on An Post website with French tracking number ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Just received my an post tracking number it's been sorted in Portlaoise so hopefully gets delivered tomorrow or Friday.

Still nothing updated on tracking for me in last week by Collisimo and nothing on An Post system. I fear it is lost, but will give it another week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It took 8 days for a DHL shipment to arrive with me this morning. Thats probably a day or two longer than normal.

• Advertisement

Sorted in Dublin mail centre so I guess will be delivered tomorrow or Wednesday. About 7-8 working days. I guess not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Mine arrived last week but the tracking still shows it's at the mail centre! 🤣 I had asked An Post on Messenger if they knew where the package was the previous day. They actually answered me after it was delivered that they're sorry it has been delayed in the Mail Centre and that the delay "occurred due to high mail volumes in our network at this time". Well... it did arrive which I'm glad about but the tracking is completely useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I have a voicemail from A Post worker that they have a parcel for me in Sligo and can’t deliver it as they can’t locate that address in Sligo.

The address he called out is correct except for it isn’t in Sligo.

I was suspicious as I’m not expecting anything (but I could have lost track) and the call is from a mobile - although I can’t see the “scam” in it.

Do A Post often call customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭dontmindme

Have you a TV licence..?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,055 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is it an actual human voice or computer generated? Is it your actual address but with wrong county?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yes it's quite possible the postman could ring you if he has a problem with your delivery but probably only if your phone number was on the parcel he has.

It is a mobile number. When I called I got sent to voicemail saying it was A Post Sligo DM (or DSM).

They called me back.

it is legit anyway - it is a parcel I was expecting but thought was waiting in the office already. It had the wrong post code.

I’m not so bad that a computer voice would fool me. ;)

It was genuine An Post - sender had wrong post code

• Advertisement

Proof if it was ever needed that An Post do indeed use Eircodes. Shove that up your holes Loc8

Advertisement