Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

As a person, Simon Harris

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Risteard81 wrote: »
    Absolutely grotesque excuse for a human being.

Says the person who supports Gemma O'Doherty and John Waters.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

He looks like Sid from Hey Arnold!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭mountai

Ah Lads this just gets Worse and Worse . Nearly every day a new " Expert " is rolled out to give directions and opinion on these matters . We are descending into the Monty Python realms . Just heard a "Professor " from Trinity being interviewed on radio , he suggests , we appoint a Minister for Testing . Can we also have a Minister for Finger Up His Bum , at least he could follow Simon , because that seems all he is capable of . God Help Us All .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

RobertKK wrote: »
    https://www.joe.ie/news/simon-harris-claims-18-other-coronaviruses-major-radio-error-696767

Simon Harris it seems claimed there were 18 other coronaviruses.
    This is our health minister, I guess his advisers didn't tell him it was named after the year 2019, Co for corona, the V for virus with ID 19.
    It's proper name is severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)

One would think our health minister would not be doing the Kellyanne Conway mistake.

People ask here to name someone who would do better job, maybe someone who knows the basics, without needing an adviser...

https://twitter.com/JOEdotie/status/1252987486583885827?s=20

Strike 4. Biggest Bluffer of them all😅😅😅
    Good man Simon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Strike 4. Biggest Bluffer of them all
    Good man Simon.
    I'd say he's fed up of talking about it. Even the CMO mixes up his numbers sometimes. It's only 7 Simon if you're reading!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Akabusi

We have all spoken before without engaging our brains. I'd like to think this was the case even if it wasn't I'd be more inclined to be annoyed over the mess that is the Children's hospital rather than this.

He spoke about the point on his nightly video on Twitter and said it was a brain freeze mistake while he was trying to make the valid point that there had been various different strains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Akabusi wrote: »
    We have all spoken before without engaging our brains. I'd like to think this was the case even if it wasn't I'd be more inclined to be annoyed over the mess that is the Children's hospital rather than this.

This is lot worse. This is the man we have at the helm of our department of health during a global pandemic. This was not sleep deprivation and cabin fever, he was very definite about what he was saying. This is one of the most embarrassing things I have heard from anyone in media. I would include Trump and the Healy Raes in this.

It's all happening again, even after all his "heroic work playing a blinder" doing god knows what.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/simon-harris-sorry-for-awful-boo-boo-about-18-viruses-before-covid-19-1.4235478

"I can be an awful idiot at times"

Yes Simon, more often than not, awful idiots at times do not belong in ministerial positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

PLAYING A BLINDER SIMON

TAKE A BOW TEAM FG

https://twitter.com/normaburke/status/1252940393903243265?s=21

what an absolute embarassment of a man.:D:D:D

Of all the countries in the world with Health Ministers you will struggle to find a comment that will come close to being as stupid as that.

If a drunk down the pub came out with as much he would be laughed out of the place. What a clown.

If a drunk down the pub came out with what you’re saying everyone would be looking at each other thinking “what’s wrong with this guy” before moving to another table. Calm down would you, he just had a brain fart.

He spoke about the point on his nightly video on Twitter and said it was a brain freeze mistake while he was trying to make the valid point that there had been various different strains.

His apology is almost as bad, as are his apologists like yourself. The man is inept. Accept it, move on. Go give out about Sinn Féin over on that thread, loads of ammo there.

You've asked so often well who could do a better job, anybody, I mean anybody with cabinet experience could do a better job and not embarrass themselves, their party and the country like he has just done.

I'd return Jabba The Mary Harney to take over if given the decision.

I voted for primarily FG #1 in 2016 by the way. Never again.

• Advertisement

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    If a drunk down the pub came out with what you’re saying everyone would be looking at each other thinking “what’s wrong with this guy” before moving to another table. Calm down would you, he just had a brain fart.

His entire career is brain fart John.

His apology is almost as bad, as are his apologists like yourself. The man is inept. Accept it, move on. Go give out about Sinn Féin over on that thread, loads of ammo there.

You've asked so often well who could do a better job, anybody, I mean anybody with cabinet experience could do a better job and not embarrass themselves, their party and the country like he has just done.

I'd return Jabba The Mary Harney to take over if given the decision.

I voted for primarily FG #1 in 2016 by the way. Never again.

Please suggest someone who would do a better job in the role of Minister for health at this point?

We've had at least 3 people over the last couple of days complain about how bad Harris is, none of them who could offer an alternative.

P.S. Your comment on Mary Harney gives us a fair indicator of the level of intellect you yourself possess.

“is brain fart John?”

Seriously you shouldn’t knocking the man since you sound like you need urgent medical attention yourself.

P.S. Your comment on Mary Harney gives us a fair indicator of the level of intellect you yourself possess.

Stock response from you, its just insult and snide remark. Your level of intellect seems low enough very often yet its your go to response on this forum, insult intelligence? While I was being facetious, shes about the only former minister for health we have still alive that wasn't an outright disaster

"Mary Harney did not meet expectations in the health brief, but she did more for the health of the country as environment minister than any other, with her 1990 ban on Dublin's smoky coal. Her measure got only a fraction of the publicity showered on the smoking ban, yet saved as many as 100,000 lives in the last 25 years"

Quick google will solve your ignorance in a flash. That's from one of your own FG propaganda rags so it must have some substance to it.

Anyway, now that you've tried deflecting, back on to Simon...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Stock response from you, its just insult and snide remark. Your level of intellect seems low enough very often yet its your go to response on this forum, insult intelligence? While I was being facetious, shes about the only former minister for health we have still alive that wasn't an outright disaster

"Mary Harney did not meet expectations in the health brief, but she did more for the health of the country as environment minister than any other, with her 1990 ban on Dublin's smoky coal. Her measure got only a fraction of the publicity showered on the smoking ban, yet saved as many as 100,000 lives in the last 25 years"

Quick google will solve your ignorance in a flash. That's from one of your own FG propaganda rags so it must have some substance to it.

Have you been sipping from the old sherry bottle, Higgins? You seem a bit ‘tetchy’.

You should chill out.

“is brain fart John?”

Seriously you shouldn’t knocking the man since you sound like you need urgent medical attention yourself.

When's Johnny going to pop in for a chat about FG triumphs. Button is at the top right there to switch accounts. Hurry up, funs just starting.

Anyway, this Simon fella, I'd say he's hiding under the duvet at the moment. Is that not one of the most humiliating things that any minister has come out with? We've had a Taoiseach fairly locked on morning radio but I think this trumps that much.

Have you been sipping from the old sherry bottle, Higgins? You seem a bit ‘tetchy’.

You should chill out.

:D:D:D

You beat me to it....pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,571 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

2,112 new deaths so far across the US today. They could break 50,000 total as early as tomorrow.

So, you cant give a name, apart from someone gone from politics ten years.

I know you dont like being challenged on your posts but the level of hypocrisy it takes to call Mary Harney the name you did while then suggesting I insulted you because I called you on it is just astounding.

P.S. I've yet to vote for a FG candidate in any national election and yet you assume I'm a fan.
    Who should I assume you are a fan of politically based on your style here?
    I'm guessing one of the parties who talk about what everyone else should be doing or are doing wrong while not offering anything of value is most likely.

I know you dont like being challenged on your posts but the level of hypocrisy it takes to call Mary Harney the name you did while then suggesting I insulted you because I called you on it is just astounding.

P.S. I've yet to vote for a FG candidate in any national election and yet you assume I'm a fan.
    I'm guessing one of the parties who talk about what everyone else should be doing or are doing wrong while not offering anything of value is most likely.

• Advertisement

This really isn't a response to anything I wrote, must try harder. put your next post in three times.

Have you considerable 'weight issues' ? I'll lay off the jabba stuff if so, I promise.

When's Johnny going to pop in for a chat about FG triumphs. Button is at the top right there to switch accounts. Hurry up, funs just starting.

Anyway, this Simon fella, I'd say he's hiding under the duvet at the moment. Is that not one of the most humiliating things that any minister has come out with? We've had a Taoiseach fairly locked on morning radio but I think this trumps that much.

Why do you keep calling me Johnny?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Down9194

Harris is a blue shirt. Why are we surprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bettyoleary

That was worse than just a fart that was a poo too!!! He need to stock pile the loo roll. 18 viruses and now this on top of it for him.

Why do you keep calling me Johnny?

I'm heading over to Twitter for a bit Woke, it's too entertaining :D. Plus, Tell Me How how has reported me by this stage for something.

Just think, when all this written in the history books, we had our minister for health come out with this gem. This is one of the all time greatest idiotic comments from a government globally, and it had to come from Ireland. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

He's a walking disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I'm heading over to Twitter for a bit Woke, it's too entertaining :D. Plus, Tell Me How how has reported me by this stage for something.

Just think, when all this written in the history books, we had our minister for health come out with this gem. This is one of the all time greatest idiotic comments from a government globally, and it had to come from Ireland. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

He's a walking disaster.

You a journal.ie commentator as well, dude?

You a journal.ie commentator as well, dude?

What's the low level Galway local FG councillor whatsapp group like john, anything of substance or just too thick to realise what their chief clown has said?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Tell me How, you seem to think only Simon ‘they never found a vaccine for the other 18 Covid viruses’ Harris is the only person who can do the job.
    Maybe someone like John McGuinness but he is viewed as being too independent minded and these party leaders like their ministers to be sheep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

His wife is on a career break and has been for a number of years

This is the fascinating about boards and social media in general, a quick google would tell you exactly where she works as a nurse yet someone quite confidently post on social media information they mush know not to be true. I have also read lots of other bizarre information about him some of it bordering on the barley sane.

Is it that they want to believe it? they don't care if it is true or not?

Advertisement