Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Releases 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,376 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Rob Gronkowski to my knowledge was never 24/7 Champion, unless I've somehow missed something....

He is the current champion and he won it at WM night 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He became champ on Mania night 2.

But surprised at Taynara going. She was regular enough on NXT though they never seemed to know how to use her

She knew how to show off her bum on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I've only ever seen 1 minute of a Taynara match and she looked she runs in slow motion and hits like she's play fighting with a puppy.
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    How are Apollo Crews, Mojo Rawley and Singh Brothers still employed

Tamina is the big one for me. 10 fúcking years of nothing and still cruising along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mojo is Gronks pal! He’s probably getting a raise not a p45

In fairness at least Mojo has some charisma unlike most of the vacuums that were released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

ricero wrote: »
    In fairness at least Mojo has some charisma unlike most of the vacuums that were released.

The charisma of an annoying frat house bro.

Heath is great.

EV1lJTFWkAEJfVR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Top banter from Heath slater.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Do wrestling tees ship to Ireland? I vaguely remember trying to purchase a Bullet Club umbrella but they wouldn't ship....on second though, that might have been hot topic. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Do wrestling tees ship to Ireland? I vaguely remember trying to purchase a Bullet Club umbrella but they wouldn't ship....on second though, that might have been hot topic. :cool:

I got the BC shirt from PW Tees. So should ship to Ireland.

• Advertisement

Along with Slater..... Ryder & Hawkins, No Way Jose, Deonna Purrazzo, The Good Brothers all have tees up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭ThePott

I was going to once and P+P was extortionate if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ThePott wrote: »
    I was going to once and P+P was extortionate if I remember correctly.

P+P can be really extortionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Along with Slater..... Ryder & Hawkins, No Way Jose, Deonna Purrazzo, The Good Brothers all have tees up now.

Guess I'll be adding a few more wrestlers t-shirts to my collection..

Nice words from Cody.
    americannightmarecody
    Verified
    I’d like to take a moment to say how proud I am to be a friend of @zryder85 - In a world of weekend warriors and “play wrestlers”, this dude exudes passion and drive for pro-wrestling like no other. Through 14 years to see him CONSISTENTLY try to better himself(whether that be his in-ring work, or watching him physically mold himself and his body into such a specimen DRUG FREE with hard work and will). I have a little rule, and that’s that if you’ve ever “gotten over” in wrestling...you can always do so again. That rule being fully applicable to Matt now. At 34 years young, his best wrestling days are ahead of him. Cheers to a great start and 14 years of unrelenting blood, sweat, and tears. Future endeavors are limitless when you actually endeavor. I chose this picture because it was one of my last days at WWE, watching 80,000+ people applaud as Matt won gold was an eruption not only live in the arena but in the locker room as well. Hearing Dolph coordinate for his father to come over the rails(meanwhile I was ass deep into a broken ladder and stuck but had the best seat in the house) and seeing father/son embrace, I thought I’d be jealous or bitter, but I was truly happy and proud for one of my peers. Congratulations my friend, and good luck!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_Bmv9QlDJ2/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WON notes

The following talents appear to have been released from their WWE NXT deals as they have been removed from the WWE Performance Center website:
    *Mohamed Abdelfattah aka Mohamed Fahim, an Egyptian-born talent who was signed in Jauary 2018.
    *Marcos Gomes, a Brazilian talent signed in May 2019 with a background in Muay Thai and Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
    *Faisal Kurdi was signed in June 2019 after a tryout in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He had a background in Muay Thai and MMA.
    *Edgar Lopez, a Mexican talent, was signed in September 2019 after a WWE tryout in Chile. He came from a football background.
    *Bodybuilder Hussain Aldagal, also from Saudi Arabia, was signed following a tryout in June 2019.
    *Yifeng, known as Rocky in NXT rings, was a signee from China with an acting background who had signed in September 2016. He had been competing on NXT live events as recently as this past February.
    It should also be noted that Kassius Ohno (aka Chris Hero) has been moved to the Alumni section of the WWE website as of Friday and has also been released. He has had two runs in WWE developmental, the first from 2011-2013 and the second from 2016 until this week. He'll be a welcome return to the independent scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I could be wrong but was Ohno like a coach at PC. It would explain why he rarely used on NXT show.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He was on NXT UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

if he could control his body shape he will do well again but if he stays that weight his days are behind him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

montyrebel wrote: »
    if he could control his body shape he will do well again but if he stays that weight his days are behind him

Totallt agree, he really let himself go and can see why he wasn't pushed due to it when he returned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So no Smackdown releases? Or should we expect some news tomorrow after the weekend?

Curt Hawkins wife.

How the Coronavirus has impacted my family.

I feel many things right now. To name a few, grateful, proud, scared, helpless, loved and also very fortunate. I was caught up in living the good life, spending endless amount of time with my family. The world turned upside down over a month ago and like most, it definitely wasn’t something I was prepared for. I literally had to look up what the word pandemic meant.. that’s embarrassing but true.

1 year ago, I left my job in advertising to be a stay at home Mom. I started to learn photography, envious of my husband’s passion for doing something that he loved – wrestling. I am beyond grateful that I was ever even able to be a SAHM in this expensive world that we live in. Getting home at 6:30 wasn’t cutting it for me anymore, I wanted to be home with my daughter and see my husband when he was home.

On Wednesday April 15th, Brian was released from his WWE contract. There was notice that morning that layoffs would begin and our anxiety kicked into full gear. Not just for ourselves, but friends and loved ones that this could potentially happen to. Brian just needed to know if it was happening to him or not and I was praying the phone didn't ring. Well, the phone rang and I broke down. You can't really break down for long when your almost 3 year old is running around chasing bubbles, but I cried. There is so much uncertainty in the world, it's terrifying. One week prior, they had wanted him to fly to Orlando to film for RAW and the next week they are getting rid of people. I went from being scared of my husband coming home from work with the Coronavirus to days later him getting fired.

One thing I can say, I'm so proud of how he held it together. The first time this happen it was almost a matter of when, this time it was just out of nowhere given the current state of the world. Since he can't wrestle anywhere right now, he did exactly what he needed to do to help himself cleanse of the past 4 years which was basically get rid of everything he was holding onto. He also guided other wrestlers that have never been through this before of what they needed to do to set themselves up for success. Basically anything would make me cry the past few days, from him making me proud to me being sad, to even watching him still be in full Dad mode on a day that could have been a very dark one. He handles everything with grace which just reassures me that we will be OK. I feel so lucky to be his wife.

Why do I feel helpless? For starters, I am 30 weeks pregnant. It's not the most satisfying feeling when your husband loses his job and you don't have one for you both to fall back on. I always said the past year, if I needed to get back into work I could and would get back into my field (thinking like 4-5 years if his contract didn't renew), not expecting him to lose his job when I'm 2 months away from having our child let alone during a pandemic. Though I don't regret my time at home, I do feel guilt and anxiety about the decision I made last year with a new baby on the way but this is something I just have to deal with right now.

Writing this part could make me cry again. But I feel very loved throughout this whole situation. We have received so many well wishes from fans that were so sad to see this happen to our family, but also so many encouraging messages of how much people love Brian and our family and how talented he is and that they know he will land on his feet. I've felt the same love from so many of my family members as well as close friends. Most importantly, my fellow wrestler wives who are going through this as well. It makes it easier to have people who can relate to you on a personal level for a minute during a s---ty time. It feels like we're all in the same boat together, all rooting for one another and it almost feels like therapy talking to each other.

https://theredheadedmom.com/2020/04/18/how-the-coronavirus-has-impacted-my-family/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

@ryansatin on twitter

Hearing it’s possible that one of the wrestlers who was released from WWE last week could be making an appearance on RAW tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

A couple of the copy and paste sites and YouTube channels are reporting that the Drake Maverick firing is a work. That really would be Vince at his bad taste worst.

It would explain why they sacked him yet still got him to fight the three NXT matches.

Looks like
    Sarah Logan
    is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Good piece on Wrestlenomics detailing WWE's finances & cuts. Summary: Vince will only get richer, but is completely morally bankrupt.

https://wrestlenomics.com/2020/04/20/wwe-layoffs-were-morally-heartless-and-economically-unnecessary/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seem to be mentioning Sarah Logan a lot on raw

Drake Maverick is in the NXT Cruiserweight tournament thing on the upcoming episode ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Seem to be mentioning Sarah Logan a lot on raw

Drake Maverick is in the NXT Cruiserweight tournament thing on the upcoming episode ?

He is, those matches have already been taped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Loughc wrote: »
    He is, those matches have already been taped.

So hes going to have a nervous breakdown after he losses leaving the company

Advertisement