Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Releases 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,374 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Had to google him. NJPW?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

briany wrote: »
    I hope he doesn't just decide to wait around a few months hoping for a phone call. A talent like him could get over elsewhere and show WWE what they missed out on. That's all part of grabbing the brass ring, IMO.

Even though I thought he was half working me in his Instagram video, I was surprised by some of the stuff he said.

He said he had let himself go and lost passion due to getting comfortable being the guy to job. I always assumed he was happy with that role.

He honestly sounded like he was motivated to try something new so I can see him going somewhere else. He's actually one of the guys I'm most interested in seeing what he can do away from WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Had to google him. NJPW?

GCW Bloodsport event most likely. He'd have no pull in NJPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,374 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder what the live twitter feed for Smackdown will be like tonight.

I can imagine the commentators saying WWE trending Number 1 on twitter tonight even if its all bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

whos the most likely to make a big return like Mcintyre did ???

but tbh its a different pro wrestling world out there today than when Mcintyre was released and working his way back. AEW was not in operation at that time

PTH2009 wrote: »
    whos the most likely to make a big return like Mcintyre did ???

but tbh its a different pro wrestling world out there today than when Mcintyre was released and working his way back. AEW was not in operation at that time

In WWE land I'd say Slater if he can go to somewhere like ROH or Impact and demonstrate he can cut it a level above. I'm sure they'd love to say 3mB ended up all being champions.

Objectively one would have to say Rusev but can't see him going back

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Monokne wrote: »
    Wow, told by text. This company.

Where's the local shill/defender/novelist gone? Gone very quiet in all of this.

Probably writing essays to his contact in WWE telling them how right they are in what they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Omackeral wrote: »
    Where's the local shill/defender/novelist gone? Gone very quiet in all of this.

I would suggest he's seen sense and feels embarrassed by his nonsense, but I'm not sure he has the humility. :P

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I mean WWE looks worse because AEW haven't left anyone go as far as I know yet WWE who according to Dave meltzer WWE will make revenue of $850 million even if there is not a single live event held this year, no Saudi show, and not a single extra network subscription.

And he also says that the talent cuts total $703,000 and the $4 million a month is the moving to this new headquarters as well as the talent cuts. I mean $703,000 is a big amount of money for most everybody but WWE have probably spent that much on less important things over the years.

Edit: I realise that it's meltzer and it may not be 100% on the ball but I don't think it's complete bull**** either.

Brandon Howard Thurston at Wrestlenomics, who is comfortably the best WWE numbers guy, reckons the worst case scenario is $937 million in revenue this year but likely over the million. SO Dave is probably in the ball park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

GCW Bloodsport event most likely. He'd have no pull in NJPW.

Just googled that micky mouse promotion, what a bizzare and stupid concept for pro wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ricero wrote: »
    Just googled that micky mouse promotion, what a bizzare and stupid concept for pro wrestling.

Bizzare and stupid to you perhaps. To others, possibly not so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lithium93_ wrote: »

It's farcical stuff. Either watch MMA or pro wresting. Kafaybe mma just doesnt work for me. Each to their own though i suppose.

ricero wrote: »
    It's farcical stuff. Either watch MMA or pro wresting. Kafaybe mma just doesnt work for me. Each to their own though i suppose.

That is literally what pro wrestling is meant to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Lithium93_ wrote: »

ricero is more Vince than Vince when it comes big sweaty men that's he idea of wrestling. Though those big sweaty men could all be passing Covid-19 on to each other these days what a bizzare and stupid concept for pro wrestling that is.

That is literally what pro wrestling is meant to be.

I'm not sure if Ricero would agree but it's the formula of literal shooter mma gimmick that I find tiring. Rousey for example in her run was all star power and athleticism, only showing a hint of being a "superstar" when she turned heel before she left.

Kurt Angle is the only legit fighter who came into the business who embraced the sports entertainment aspect which whether we like it or not is a big reason why we're fans of pro wrestling. Matt Riddle is capable of reaching those heights as he's a fan of the business.

Brock has shown he can do the sports entertainment stuff in his sleep but seems content to let Heyman cut the same promo for him ad nausem i.e. he's there to do the bare minimum and get paid.

I hope Vince's seemingly lukewarm response to Baszler is a sign that he might be losing interest in the shooter gimmick.

I don't think Vince likes the shooter gimmick at all.

I prefer wrestling more grounded and real so I love Shayna. I don't see her doing well on the main roster. Doesn't have the over the top silliness Vince likes. You can tell he is much more interested in Asuka now she's cartoonish than when she was the undefeated monster, for example.

I prefer wrestling more grounded and real so I love Shayna. I don't see her doing well on the main roster. Doesn't have the over the top silliness Vince likes. You can tell he is much more interested in Asuka now she's cartoonish than when she was the undefeated monster, for example.

WHAT!!! Vince is more interested in Asuka??????????????

WHAT!!! Vince is more interested in Asuka??????????????

He's had her on commentary a few times of late and they've highlighted that dancing gimmick she's been doing.

• Advertisement

If Vince doesn't love the shooter gimmick why do you think all roads have led back to Brock for the past 8 years? It's mad when you think about it really.

I like Shayna but her gimmick requires a list of talented people to job to her before someone might get a win over her, and worst of all each feud will follow the same general story. Daniel Bryan as a comparison might not be a legitimate fighter, but he can sell himself as same and can tell any number of stories; that's what I look for in pro wrestling. I know it's harsh making that comparison however. :P

In regards Asuka, I won't lie; I'm loving the attention she's getting right now. I don't see it as necessarily watering herself down, more just unleashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Brandon Howard Thurston at Wrestlenomics, who is comfortably the best WWE numbers guy, reckons the worst case scenario is $937 million in revenue this year but likely over the million. SO Dave is probably in the ball park.

I presume that's meant to be a billion. Compared to the mid nineties when they were removing the water coolers out of the headquarters because the business was in the jacks.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I presume that's meant to be a billion. Compared to the mid nineties when they were removing the water coolers out of the headquarters because the business was in the jacks.

Yeah I meant the billion. I think they'll do over a million somehow :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tino Sabbatelli and Taynara Conte released.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Tino Sabbatelli and Taynara Conte released.

First one not a surprise but the second one is kind of a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How are Apollo Crews, Mojo Rawley and Singh Brothers still employed

I think the Singh brothers take on the colon tags now. Apollo crews is good though but mojo is a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Mojo is Gronks pal! He’s probably getting a raise not a p45

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Speaking of Mojo , is Gronk still 24/7 champ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Rob Gronkowski to my knowledge was never 24/7 Champion, unless I've somehow missed something....

Advertisement