Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toys from your youth

Options

Comments

Transformers
    M.A.S.K
    Starcom
    Lego

Anyone else have the game Mastermind with the coloured pegs? Lost hours to that game, used to love it.

There must be a PC/phone/etc version of it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

This beauty. I was quite young when I got it & I remember I was enchanted with it. It was still dark when I got up to see what Santa had left & I brought it back to bed and just lay there watching it twinkle on my quilt :o

galoob-starlight-walking-horse_1_31a3fc40f4f740e830ed42bb431ed897.jpg

Though I also grew up with a brother & male cousin to play with so had the toy farm, Mega Drive/Sonic grá too. We'd also build carts and race them up and down the lane, we'd take it in turns for two to sit in & one to push. We were actually very adventurous kids, we'd create 'Crystal Maze' type games & we'd each have to try & complete it in the fastest time for the crystal. And if time ran out we'd get locked in the cow shed :pac:
    Simple games like file this bucket with water from the tap but you must use this bottle, or hit these targets with turf, build a tower of sticks to touch this height. Ah memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

A12khOgRqyL.jpg

Never had but would loved to have had this book:
    Lego-Technic-idea-book-8890-1988-210x300.jpg

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSwE86oC0NdZoW6AfTFKHzRl-oa_4E7ittZ8iA4nnwQL-tHRTBz&usqp=CAU

8081023607_2aab39c6ca_b.jpg

995091.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    995091.jpg

More of a Hardy Boys fan myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭mulbot

This was one of my favourites-the big foot truck.

mulbot wrote: »
    This was one of my favourites-the big foot truck.

My parents got me that after I was in hospital to get my adenoids out. Loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Transformers
    M.A.S.K
    Starcom
    Lego

All of these!

Also,

Battle beasts

and I had a Power Extreme suit. :cool:

I still have this up in my mothers attic, I could never let it go.
    70714a74a462a4057a50c62365f3b73e.jpg

All of these!

Also,

Battle beasts

and I had a Power Extreme suit. :cool:

Battle beasts were all the rage for a few months in my class/circle of friends. Then they just seemed to vanish overnight. We played with mask and transformers for years.

• Advertisement

Surprised to see no mention of Transformers or He-Man, they were my favourites.
    My bike was a Raleigh mini burner but I wanted a Vektar so much.

I had a Wild Cat Bike meself. Remember those!? they had a "computer" on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭mulbot

Have the He-man toy in my father's attic somewhere, little button on his back, when you pressed it his right hand and sword raised up and down.

Greyskull and Skeletor castles were cool. Skeletor one had a monster puppet thing that lived in the castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

WWF Ring with a good few superstars like The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭cbreeze

YoYos. Hours of cheap fun trying to get them up and down the string.
    Shoe polish tin filled with dirt to use for hopsotch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,592 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I had a Sindy doll and had her giving kisses and hugs to my brother's Action Man, remembering back now, he wasn't a very manly man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,912 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

There must be a PC/phone/etc version of it out there.

There is, but most are 'Merican so done with balls instead of pegs. Search for Mastermind in the Google Play Store/Apple App Store.

I was an Action Corp kid, while everyone else got those figurines which could just move at the top of the arms and hips (GI Joe), Action Corp could bend their elbows and knees, and had more motion control in general. And were cheaper! Loved them, when I lost the weapons I'd sellotape toothpicks to their hands and give them pointy staffs and swords!

Surely everyone had this:

ZCFUY0.gif

Also had these bad boys (mice):

maxresdefault.jpg

Of course, had hapes of WWE stuff. Pretty sure we had all these plus the ring and more:

WWF-Hasbro-Figures-300x300.jpg

And finally, the good ole racism that wasn't racist at the time (they were about 3ft high!):

a20f54ef0298f8b5d68c098fa1213883--knit-patterns-hobbies.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

We are the famous fiiiiiiive !
    Julians dicking Anne, George and Timmy the dooooooogg

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Hornby Train sets.
    Enid Blyton books.
    Air fix models....many hours spent making models of WW2 planes.
    Transformers.
    MASK.
    And probably the most daft of my list, Dino-Riders.

I had completely forgotten about the Fisher Price garage. Great to see it. Had a burst of memories when I saw it. Had this Fisher price tape deck thing too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭ozmo

I was a big fan of those electronic sets - had a few types including the one in the video below - they were great :)

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Rawr

DXYTjiCX4AIe_qZ.jpg

One year I got Manta Force and was blown away by the sheer scale of it. Every single bit of it was a toy in it's own right. All made with really solid plastic.

I later got the "Red Venom" ship from this series which was just as fun (but had more springs in it and more parts that would wear down and fail.
    There was one final "Black Baracuda" ship I managed to get, which I remember being pretty lack luster and cheaply made. Nothing really compared to this first ship in terms of fun or value :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I had a Wild Cat Bike meself. Remember those!? they had a "computer" on them.

Any pics,I don't remember the wild cat. Im talking mid 80's and the Raleigh Vektar was the only computer bike I can remember.

mulbot wrote: »
    Have the He-man toy in my father's attic somewhere, little button on his back, when you pressed it his right hand and sword raised up and down.

I think that was "Battle Armour" He-Man.
    Just a dent, more dent.

Greyskull and Skeletor castles were cool. Skeletor one had a monster puppet thing that lived in the castle.

I think that was Hordak's lair that had the monster puppet.
    Skelators lair was one of the coolest toys ever invented.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Rawr

I think that was Hordak's lair that had the monster puppet.
    Skelators lair was one of the coolest toys ever invented.

That reminded me of this:

s-l640.jpg

I think I inherited it from a relative who had gotten too old for it, and I remember loving this thing...especially the elaborate door and gate system of the fortress.

It was only years later that I learned this this was the Tower of Doom, the lair of Dr. Doom from Spiderman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Had that as well was so class.

Zero hour as well was another one i loved.

Manta Force was class as pic just a few above.

Lego knights and Lego Pirates i had as well that i loved.

Looking at the old Argos catalogue online from the late 80s early 90s at the toys its mad the things you see in it your like damn i had that or my friends did. Good memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭RayCon

509496.JPG
    My Favourite toy growing up .... my first set of wheels. The Christmas I got it happened to coincide with a snowy / icey winter - spent days skidding all around my road - loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I wasn’t allowed play with toys but I loved the Commando comics when I was a kid.

Why weren't you allowed play with toys?

I always wanted a pogo stick but Santa let me down year on year. My mother says he even tried to get one in London but they were always sold out.

I got Ker-Plunk one year, Spirograph another year, a scooter another year.

Advertisement