Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is my weight flucuating so much?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭rolling boh

If you can keep up the extra exercise while really thinking about what you eat it should yield results.Give it go at a level you can sustain and don't get disheartened if you don't see amazing results quickly remember this is a lifestyle change so will take time but it will work out for you best of luck and let us here know how you got on .

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Funny thing is lads, there is a huge difference in the photos I take every 3/4 weeks lol. My stomach looks way flatter today than in any of them and that was after dinner :) Just going to keep going and keep moving and get back to concentrating on weight when I have the gym back !

Thanks to all of ye for the replies :) X

If you are looking leaner then you are doing just fine!

Brian Keane explains it well.

https://youtu.be/v_NZMdPs2MY

Keep doing what you are doing if you are looking leaner every few weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

If you can keep up the extra exercise while really thinking about what you eat it should yield results.Give it go at a level you can sustain and don't get disheartened if you don't see amazing results quickly remember this is a lifestyle change so will take time but it will work out for you best of luck and let us here know how you got on .

Thanks!
    So I walked today for an hour and it says I burned 450 calories but I always minus 100 just in case so I burned 350. Had no energy for the bike did 16 mins says I burned 150 cal.

I ended up eating 1950 when I checked it all into the app. I wonder if I am eating too much, I am never hungry anyway lol might have to cut down and be stricter with 1600-1800. And I probably need to give up the chicken goujons lol

They are the hot and spicey goujons from dunnes everyone should try them they are my weakness lol

Mars Bar wrote: »
    If you are looking leaner then you are doing just fine!

Brian Keane explains it well.

https://youtu.be/v_NZMdPs2MY

Keep doing what you are doing if you are looking leaner every few weeks :)

I look more toned ! My feicin arms look bigger so probably need to stop lifting weights lol

Cheers ill watch that now !

I'd upload a pic but don't know how to and I'm in a sports bra in it so not appropriate lol

Keep going and keep in mind that you have lost a good bit already. It can be really disappointing when you plateau or gain a bit but keep up your good habits and you will loose.

Ah 100%. I think it's been hard because if covid happened this time last year I would have been bingeing and eating Chinese daily so that's the frustrating part lol

I think I should look at the pros for now

- don't eat or crave chocolate or crisps anymore !!
    - haven't binged since Feb
    - look more toned lol
    - feel better in general

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I look more toned ! My feicin arms look bigger so probably need to stop lifting weights lol

Cheers ill watch that now !

I'd upload a pic but don't know how to and I'm in a sports bra in it so not appropriate lol

Don't stop lifting weights! You mad?

Have you thought about investing in a coach that can guide you? I was working online with a trainer for a year and he was amazing.

In my brutally honest opinion, you have a poor understanding of how nutrition, exercising and the body work together. PM me if you want to know more about the trainer I used.

Well lads I hadn't budged in 6 weeks from 17 stone 10 I was 17 stone 8.5 today well I cursed I was so happy lol. Hopefully will be down to 17 and a half but just going to ignore it now and keep going

Well done that's a positive hopefully that will encourage you to keep up a healthy lifestyle .So keep looking at ways to make better food choices and a sustainable exercise routine it will become the norm and you will get to where you want to .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

People think weight maintenance is all diet. Partic people coming from eating disorders.

I actually hope that this lockdown experience teaches people that activity or lack there of is a key factor.

Its simply you are not moving as much. This slows the metabolism down. Plus you are stressed.

Try not to worry about it. Weight can be lost. Your mental health is way more important right now.

Just try and be as healthy as you can be right now you can't be miss perfect. Consistency is everything. Just make little changes to be active.

People think weight maintenance is all diet. Partic people coming from eating disorders.

I actually hope that this lockdown experience teaches people that activity or lack there of is a key factor.

Its simply you are not moving as much. This slows the metabolism down. Plus you are stressed.

Try not to worry about it. Weight can be lost. Your mental health is way more important right now.

Just try and be as healthy as you can be right now you can't be miss perfect. Consistency is everything. Just make little changes to be active.

The problem is I'm doing everything right. Only weird thing is I have a constant stomach cramp and it's getting worse daily.

I got sick last night so I'm pretty sure I have developed an intolerance to some food don't know what food yet though going to do tests in work.

I am moving, I work 4 days a week in a hospital and I do walks at night I normally get around 10000 and then on days off I get 6000 steps

• Advertisement

The problem is I'm doing everything right. Only weird thing is I have a constant stomach cramp and it's getting worse daily.

I got sick last night so I'm pretty sure I have developed an intolerance to some food don't know what food yet though going to do tests in work.

I am moving, I work 4 days a week in a hospital and I do walks at night I normally get around 10000 and then on days off I get 6000 steps

Ask a dr about the stomach cramp. Partic now.

Everything will come right in the end.
    Well done on your recovery!

Don't stop lifting ...rather change up your program? If you are getting bigger and you don't like it...change it up. You don't have to get bigger if you don't want to while lifting.

What type of lifts are you doing?

And keep the walking up!

Carrying a bit more weight creates a hormonal issue that can make weight loss hard. But exercise like walking lifting etc can negate some of the negative effects of that hormonal state.

You must find out about the constant cramp if you work in a hospital you should use that to your advantage .When you get that sorted on a day off try and do a bit more exercise as 6.000 steps will burn very few calories .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I've no advice really, just some personal experience with beetroot.. I can only eat a couple of slices or I will get cramps. It's a pity as I love it but my tummy doesn't agree ðŸ˜

I think you might need to find a gentle form of cardio but a bit more than walking you enjoy op. Something you can stick with. Keep up the lifting and walking tho its all good even if you are not losing weight its really helping your body.

Maybe you are gaining muscle.

Ask a dr about the stomach cramp. Partic now.

Everything will come right in the end.
    Well done on your recovery!

Don't stop lifting ...rather change up your program? If you are getting bigger and you don't like it...change it up. You don't have to get bigger if you don't want to while lifting.

What type of lifts are you doing?

And keep the walking up!

Carrying a bit more weight creates a hormonal issue that can make weight loss hard. But exercise like walking lifting etc can negate some of the negative effects of that hormonal state.

I didn't do any exercise this past week purely out of frustration.

I started the Fod Map diet yesterday to see if it will help will allergies and find out that I'm intolerant too.

Shot up by 2.5 pounds now lol.

You must find out about the constant cramp if you work in a hospital you should use that to your advantage .When you get that sorted on a day off try and do a bit more exercise as 6.000 steps will burn very few calories .

Im eating 1600-1800 and doing 8000 minimum now and still not losing. Just want to get a limb cut off now lol

Hey, thanks. It is tough. I binged at the weekend around 5000 calories in total out of frustration.
    Started the fod map diet ( cutting out onion milk garlic etc ) to see if any of them are making me sick - constant stomach pain in lower abdomen.
    My goal now is 8000 + steps. I go for a 4k-5k walk after work or on days off.
    I also want to properly get into strength training its tough without the gym, in the gym I used the lat pull down and chest press machines etc

At home all I have is my kettlebell and dumbbells dont know if I use them or do lunges, squats etc Ill just gain more or maintain :confused:

TBH I think its a medical issue now. MY TDEE calories if I was sedentary is 1950. I never go above 1800 anymore. I should be losing weight with the calories I eat plus the exercise I do. The math doesn't add up.

TBH I think its a medical issue now. MY TDEE calories if I was sedentary is 1950. I never go above 1800 anymore. I should be losing weight with the calories I eat plus the exercise I do. The math doesn't add up.

That is beyond our remit.

I hope you find out what is happening. Maybe go to the GP?

Certainly with the binge you do need some help. Its not something I an qualified to deal with.

I really sympathize with you. And i admire you. You have been brave and so honest.

And you are not giving up and carrying on.

That's really amazing!

Well done.

Agree you need to see a doctor to find out what is going on who will be able to put you on the right path .Remember you have lost weight and you will do it again but with the proper advice you will get back on track best of luck and stay positive .

• Advertisement

That is beyond our remit.

I hope you find out what is happening. Maybe go to the GP?

Certainly with the binge you do need some help. Its not something I an qualified to deal with.

I really sympathize with you. And i admire you. You have been brave and so honest.

And you are not giving up and carrying on.

That's really amazing!

Well done.

Im an outpatient for binge eating disorder, Ive a video call with my CBT guy in 3 weeks so just gotta keep pushing. I've only binged 5 times this year and 3 have been due to all this so Im just going to keep going.

Im also lucky enough to work in healthcare. I have polycystic kidneys so going to get them checked and unfortunately going to try get tested for polycystic ovaries. Going to try get my GP to email me a blood form get them all checked along with hormones etc for PCOS. Hopefully it will rule it out or diagnoses will help me with something anyway.

Aw thanks a lot. I am going to keep doing my walking and add on youtube videos for ab workouts etc 15-30 mins a day and just keep going :)

Advertisement