Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 3 - Read OP before posting - updated 27/12/23

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

For a would be gangster he got to advanced years ( age wise ) so shouldn’t grumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Anon165

bigpink wrote: »
    Have they really got money?Living in rough down estatea and wearing fake designer clothes

It's always funny isn't it, gangsters with loads of cash living in tiny council houses.

Anon165 wrote: »
    It's always funny isn't it, gangsters with loads of cash living in tiny council houses.
    And our “Poor” Politicians living in hovels;);)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

Where is kboy and his bro?
    Hardly still in spain

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

What an anti-climax!
    Doesn't sound like a set up or planned hit on Robbie, he wanted to collect a debt and somebody didnt want to pay. How else do you deal with a person who has the reputation he has, get in there first.

On the one hand the guards will probably be happy they don't have to take him in but on the other big/flashy/mcguire were kept in check having him on the street.
    Can't see KB and his brother putting up much resistance so the feud is effectively over.

I think you have it too a tee there... i think it was good to have those lads living in a bit of the fear they usually put people in waiting for lawlor to show up at there door.. I'd say that drogheda feud is done now.. really cant see anyone stepping up to the travellers now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

This is exactly the sort of thing only Big could and would pull off.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Righteouswrong

The videos price, Maguire and the Coolock lads have posted celebrating lawlors death have done nothing but show the hold he had over them. The boys in there uniform in the front garden drinking wkd were terrified of being the next ones found dumped in a bag.

Robbies name seems as if it carried more weight in fear than flashy and big combined

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭enricoh

What an anti-climax!
    Doesn't sound like a set up or planned hit on Robbie, he wanted to collect a debt and somebody didnt want to pay. How else do you deal with a person who has the reputation he has, get in there first.

On the one hand the guards will probably be happy they don't have to take him in but on the other big/flashy/mcguire were kept in check having him on the street.
    Can't see KB and his brother putting up much resistance so the feud is effectively over.

Cops will be gutted, he was great for the overtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

The videos price, Maguire and the Coolock lads have posted celebrating lawlors death have done nothing but show the hold he had over them. The boys in there uniform in the front garden drinking wkd were terrified of being the next ones found dumped in a bag.

Robbies name seems as if it carried more weight in fear than flashy and big combined

Flashy maybe but not big, he's proper big time and everyone knows it, he's outlived them all around here, the ra crossed him and were finished in Dublin because of him, now RL is gone and he wont be the last but big will be last man standing around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mcgragger

piplip87 wrote: »
    Once again the so called republican movement not respecting the law. Taking out a suspect show the utter contempt these scumbag have for the law.

Yet you have people saying the voted for change. Is this what change looks like

What law?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Ha people think this was planned

The suspect shot him at his own driveway and then done a legger

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭horsebox1977

Granny15 wrote: »
    He was a straight shooter and people respected and feared him for it. You don’t go up against the provos tho peace or no peace. This was a bridge too far for the madman!

He wasn't up against the Provos.

He went up against a scumbag and ultimately made a complete mess of it and lost his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

Some amount of ticks on here. Praising saint robbie of coolock. "Sure what harm he went about torturing kids to death, done nothin on me"

Whatever about the murders, let's be honest whether he was 17 or 7 he did the world a favour getting rid of that scummer Woods. Burning houses, murdering cats, good riddance. It only seems a shame he didn't get that CL fella, opening fire on random Garda vans, really like :confused:

Anyone regarding Lawlor as some sort of folk hero should probably remember when he shot up a woman's house because her son went out with his ex.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/robert-lawlor-found-not-guilty-of-threatening-to-murder-ex-girlfriends-partner-969323.html

I thought a case like that regarding someone that dangerous would normally be held in the special criminal court?

Amazingly the guards seemed to have some intel that he was planning something yet were nowhere to be found when he rocked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Fun and games for all these dossers. They might have all the money in the world but at the end of the day, what does it matter considering they can't actually do anything with it apart from but expensive clothes considering their life is always under threat?

By the sounds of it this it was only a matter of time for this chap, but I find it very funny all these lads coming out of the woodwork celebrating it as if they done it. Where were they when he was alive? Where was the Smirnoff ice and WKD a few weeks ago? The way some of these lads are going on youd swear they took him out haha.

I definitely get your point but
    I’d celebrate if the likes of RL wasn’t tracking me anymore. The lads see living in the 90’s though with WKD & Smirnoff Ice, Stay classy lads hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Out of all the comments I think this one nails it, the lads are trying to link together their CSI rope to pins on a cork board. I’d say that guy didn’t even know who he shot or if he did it was the realization of Damn it I’ve to take this fella out first. Nobody seen this one coming and as a previous poster said it’s game set and match, until another scrote turns on someone else due to greed and starts a whole new feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

You might be correct

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭1968

Today's three pages in the Sunday World on the murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭1968

1968 wrote: »
    Today's three pages in the Sunday World on the murder.

Clearer version of the text in the first piece.

Was the shooter really the person who owned the house. Would be silly to do something like that on your doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Guinness69

I’d say the fella that shot him will be done for the lesser offense of possession of a gun. And that might be a small sentence due to the threat on his life by a madman. Case would be made for self defense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

kingbhome wrote: »
    Was the shooter really the person who owned the house. Would be silly to do something like that on your doorstep.

Not if your about to be shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭PaddyK2020

Guinness69 wrote: »
    I’d say the fella that shot him will be done for the lesser offense of possession of a gun. And that might be a small sentence due to the threat on his life by a madman. Case would be made for self defense.

Maybe if it happened in America yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Augme

kingbhome wrote: »

If someone is about to kill you it would be a lot more silly just told to just stand their and do nothing.

Guinness69 wrote: »

They need evidence. If no witnesses because of the lockdown. Who's to say it was the home owner who did this. It didn't say there was a gun recovered from the scene of the crime. In places such as Ardoyne, I'm sure they wouldn't be to keen to come forward and gave evidence of what they did see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Double crosses dont usually take place in peoples gardens, looks like a simple disagreement between 2 parties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

Raises the question though, who does control drug trafficking in nationalist communities up there?

The only named figures I've seen the media cover have been loyalists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

What's that video about of RL sister smashing up a car?
    Guys who were celebrating yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

He should have sent one of the 3 muppets who came up with him into the house to collect the money if as the "story" goes he was coming back to collect the rest of the money.

Whatever about the murders, let's be honest whether he was 17 or 7 he did the world a favour getting rid of that scummer Woods. Burning houses, murdering cats, good riddance. It only seems a shame he didn't get that CL fella, opening fire on random Garda vans, really like :confused:

Anyone regarding Lawlor as some sort of folk hero should probably remember when he shot up a woman's house because her son went out with his ex.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/robert-lawlor-found-not-guilty-of-threatening-to-murder-ex-girlfriends-partner-969323.html

I thought a case like that regarding someone that dangerous would normally be held in the special criminal court?

Amazingly the guards seemed to have some intel that he was planning something yet were nowhere to be found when he rocked up.
    He is No Longer a Person Of Interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Thesiger

HairyFeet wrote: »
    He's ****ing hilarious:pac:

Budweiser Wheetabix!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement