Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American response

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

joe40 wrote: »
    The fact that Trump is still in contention to win in November says a lot about the incredible stupidity of vast numbers of the American electorate.

it comes down to the failings in the american political system i.e. just two parties to choose from

and to compound it - the best the democrats can come with is that plank Joe Biden:rolleyes: - so i can easily see Trump getting another four years, unless the covid crisis lasts till november which could damage him

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

fryup wrote: »
    so i can easily see Trump getting another four years, unless the covid crisis lasts till november which could damage him
    In fairness, he's doing his best to prolong the pandemic within the US!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

2u2me wrote: »
    I'd agree it was a silly answer but the answer in context makes perfect sense. It's the mind-set of an adolscent in a school-yard from a narcissistic self-aggrandizer.

Her two questions were:
    Why does that testing matter
    Why is this a global competition to you.

He wasn't saying it to her specifically. He was answering her question and addressing more people than just her. By linking her identity with the question answer given she knows exactly what she's doing. Rage baiting identity division.

Just look at all the responses here on boards and all the headlines:

"Trump berates female reporter"
    "Trump tells Chinese American to 'ask China'"

etc..etc..

In a time of panic, mass hysteria, when the press should be doing their job, she decides to divide the country more with hate; completely unjustified. She had no reason to imply her identity had anything to do with the answer; and if she really believed so she could have asked a pertinent follow up question.

Yeah....keep trying to polish that turd.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

In fairness, he's doing his best to prolong the pandemic within the US!

Maybe. Or maybe the pandemic will have affected everyone by then and they have the dreaded herd imunity. Who Knows

fryup wrote: »
    the only time Trump will take it seriously is if he gets it himself (or a member of his immediate family)

I doubt that very much. This is the scumbag who cut off medical funding for his nephew's son who was suffering from cerebral palsy because that nephew's family challenged the will that froze that part of the family out. Stay classy Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,284 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

"China are doing a great job"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I doubt that very much. This is the scumbag who cut off medical funding for his nephew's son who was suffering from cerebral palsy because that nephew's family challenged the will that froze that part of the family out. Stay classy Trump.

I mean he is a scumbag but I'm not fan of people who feel entitled to money they never earned either.

I mean he is a scumbag but I'm not fan of people who feel entitled to money they never earned either.

He promised his brother that he would cover nephew's medical expenses. Trump also helped write his father's will and this is why his brother wasn't in it. So when challenged, Trump dropped nephew's medical expenses.

So not entitlement, just being a dick.

Danzy wrote: »
    This disease came from China, China covered it up, kept the world in the dark about its severity, lied about the fatality rate and its cases. Started stockpiling PPE before the world was told.

This virus is China's.

That brutal authoritarian State with its concentration camps, executions, savage brutality to it's people is finally being called out.

That's very refreshing and deserved.

So fcuking what? Where it originated isn't a get-out-of-jail card for some buffoon whose response to its proliferation has been pathetic.

If a fire breaks out in Nevada near the California border and then spreads west and engulfs millions of acres and incinerates hundreds of thousands of homes killing countless numbers of people and the governor of California does fcuk all except to say "I've done the best job ever. Nobody can do a job as good as me" and he's called out on his sh1tty performance are you going to accept the twat saying "Hey, don't blame me. Ask Nevada."?

Did Trump earn the money he inherited?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

If a fire breaks out in Nevada near the California border and then spreads west and engulfs millions of acres and incinerates hundreds of thousands of homes killing countless numbers of people and the governor of California does fcuk all except to say "I've done the best job ever. Nobody can do a job as good as me" and he's called out on his sh1tty performance are you going to accept the twat saying "Hey, don't blame me. Ask Nevada."?

Exactly. Each country's response to the virus is on them. Blaming China is a total cop-out.

Once China locked down an entire city of 10+ million you knew this thing was bad. Nobody does that, its completely unprecedented in modern history. That was January 23rd while Trump did nothing to deal with putting a pandemic response team in place or asking suppliers to increase PPE or respirator production for nearly two full months after.

He was telling everyone publicly it would go away/it was a democratic hoax while right wing media were telling their viewers its less severe than the flu right up to mid March.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Danzy wrote: »
    This disease came from China, China covered it up, kept the world in the dark about its severity, lied about the fatality rate and its cases. Started stockpiling PPE before the world was told.

This virus is China's.

That brutal authoritarian State with its concentration camps, executions, savage brutality to it's people is finally being called out.

That's very refreshing and deserved.

I would agree that China has a terribly repressive regime, and could have been more honest about this virus. I think that is widely accepted.
    The president was asked by an American reporter about how America was dealing with the crisis. It was a nonsensical answer to "ask China"
    Is China determining the American response? Just a mind bogglingly stupid petulant response.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Exactly. Each country's response to the virus is on them. Blaming China is a total cop-out.

Once China locked down an entire city of 10+ million you knew this thing was bad. Nobody does that, its completely unprecedented in modern history. That was January 23rd while Trump did nothing to deal with putting a pandemic response team in place or asking suppliers to increase PPE or respirator production for nearly two full months after.

He was telling everyone publicly it would go away/it was a democratic hoax while right wing media were telling their viewers its less severe than the flu right up to mid March.

America is resembling Rome more and more with each passing day. Imperial overeach failed wars, hubris, games to pacify the masses into docility and like Nero we have Trump fiddling while the country burns. Just need for some asshole to make their horse a senator.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,083 ✭✭✭✭walshb

joe40 wrote: »
    The fact that Trump is still in contention to win in November says a lot about the incredible stupidity of vast numbers of the American electorate. Not them all and not necessarily the majority, but enough to be a major concern.
    No other western democracy would keep an imbecile like Trump in power.
    Did you hear him last week in the meeting with the nurses blaming the previous administration for lack of PPE.
    He has been in power for three years.

Spot on

The U.S. is a complete sham of a nation with this man as its leader!!!

Certainly not eloquent. Given the choice between him and Clinton or him and Biden, I'd still pick him.

Rock and a hard place.

Seriously, if you really think Trump is better than the others, then there is no hope at all.. neither are inspiring, but at least they offer one quality that this megalomaniac can’t offer. The quality of being able to be controlled...

All leaders have to be able to be controlled. If not, then this is where real troubles arise..

Trump is an out of control maniac...a real dangerous individual..

This is not a rock and a hard place. They are infinitely better picks for the U.S. and for the world...

That is not a praising of them. It’s a denouncing of an utter maniac that sits in power..

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

The world, WHO and media are happy to pretend the virus came from a bat or pangolin than investigate the real source. We all could very well be back here again in years to come as those responsible are protected now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

walshb wrote: »
    Seriously, if you really think Trump is better than the others, then there is no hope at all.. neither are inspiring, but at least they offer one quality that this megalomaniac can’t offer. The quality of being able to be controlled...

All leaders have to be able to be controlled. If not, then this is where real troubles arise..

Trump is an out of control maniac...a real dangerous individual..

This is not a rock and a hard place. They are infinitely better picks for the U.S. and for the world...

That is not a praising of them. It’s a denouncing of an utter maniac that sits in power..

Controlled by who exactly?

I thought ultimate control should be with the president?

If not then what's the point in voting one in, if s/he doesn't have control of the country and the direction that it's heading in be it good or bad.

If not then what's the point in voting one in, if s/he doesn't have control of the country and the direction that it's heading in be it good or bad.

Controllable...

In other words, the people, society and democracy need to be able to control their leaders. You cannot have an out of control leader....

He is that...

Of course, leaders need to be able to control. I never said otherwise, but they themselves have to be able to be restrained and controlled...he is wild, on the loose, and out of control...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭threeball

So you're a fan of dictatorships then? Because thats what you're advocating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

The world, WHO and media are happy to pretend the virus came from a bat or pangolin than investigate the real source. We all could very well be back here again in years to come as those responsible are protected now.
    I heard it doesn't even exist and that Bill Gates invented it inside a 5G tower so that you'd have to sell your brain particles to his alien overlords in space which they use to create yoghurt and sell back to the masses for the purposes of mind control. True story.

• Advertisement

Controllable...

In other words, the people, society and democracy need to be able to control their leaders. You cannot have an out of control leader....

He is that...

Of course, leaders need to be able to control. I never said otherwise, but they themselves have to be able to be restrained and controlled...he is wild, on the loose, and out of control...

You said "controlled" in your post and now you're backtracking to say you said "controllable" because you realise you that you were talking nonsense.

threeball wrote: »
    So you're a fan of dictatorships then? Because thats what you're advocating.

Hahaha how does saying that an elected president should have ultimate control over the country that he was elected to govern mean that I am advocating dictatorships?

You do know the difference between an elected president and a dictator? or are you suggesting that Trump is a dictator?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,366 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Sure. Bats, pangolins, zombies. Trump is still a terrible president and a terrible human being. Amirite?

You said "controlled" in your post and now you're backtracking to say you said "controllable" because you realise you that you were talking nonsense.

What?

Contolled or controllable......

He is out of control......you cannot have leaders who are out of control

Quit the semantics nonsense....and don't be so obtuse.

I am not meaning that leaders need to be exactly like puppets......but they cannot be out of control. He is this........

Democracies and societies and peoples need to be able to know that those in power and those leading can control, and can be controlled. It's a two way street, and essential to good governance and harmony. Of course, there needs to be flexibility and trust and leeway. I didn't think I needed to explain this.

Trump is neither in control, or controllable.....he's is simply on the loose....

I don't think I can be any clearer for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Hahaha how does saying that an elected president should have ultimate control over the country that he was elected to govern mean that I am advocating dictatorships?

You do know the difference between an elected president and a dictator? or are you suggesting that Trump is a dictator?

He's a wannabe dictator, but the pesky constitution won't let him have his way.

He certainly has all the hallmarks of one, and behaves very much like he is one, and wants to be one...

He's a wannabe dictator, but the pesky constitution won't let him have his way.

So he wants to be a dictator but other presidents that have the same power as him aren't wannabe dictators.... makes sense.

So he wants to be a dictator but other presidents that have the same power as him aren't wannabe dictators.... makes sense.

Because no other U.S. presidents ever behaved the way he has and is behaving....He is off the charts.....out of control

He certainly has all the hallmarks of one, and behaves very much like he is one, and wants to be one...

Jaysus I don't think I can deal with this level of absolute absurdity. So because he's a sh1te president that apparently the majority of posters on here hate he wants to be a dictator. Go outside and get some fresh air lads ye have been spending too much time on the internet.

• Advertisement

Jaysus I don't think I can deal with this level of absolute absurdity. So because he's a ****e president that apparently the majority of posters on here hate he's wants to be a dictator. Go outside and get some fresh air lads ye have been spending too much time on the internet.

Absurdity?

Where the fook have you been the past 3-4 years?

Maybe you need to spend a little more time on the internet

Advertisement