Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XIV - 8,089 in ROI (288 deaths) 1,589 in NI (92 deaths) (10/04) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Fergal Bowers
    @FergalBowers
    Department of Health COVID-19 briefing tonight is set for 5.30 pm. Watch it on RTÉ News Now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Would anyone here be able to point me in the direction of finding a an up to date definitive answer on travelling for a funeral of a family member? I have contacted my local Garda Station, the Garda Traffic Corps Headquarters, the IAFD and searched through Gov.ie and cannot find an answer. The lady in the IAFD did state however that if i was not able to travel over 2km regardless of who passed away as it isn't consider essential travel. That to me seems crazy and ill-informed, that I could freely exceed 2km to a shop for teabags but cannot for a family funeral. Perhaps she's correct though, I don't know.

Think numbers at funerals are also limited to 10 people maybe check with the undertaker?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭dryadssaddle

Cheers, yeah, I'm aware of that, There would be less than 10 including myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

wakka12 wrote: »
    UK deaths released

England 828 (201 of which were in London)
    Soctland 70
    Wales 33
    NI 5

936 deaths in the UK in hospitals. I believe it is the highest daily total in Europe in a single day when excluding nurshing/home deaths.

46 of the 828 patients in England who died had no known health conditions

Not sure there is much point getting hung up on the “underlying health conditions” thing unless there is clarity on what is considered an underlying condition. IMO, being obese would likely severely impact your ability to fight the virus off, but I’m not convinced obesity is considered an underlying condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,038 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Good news for Boris : he appears to be improving this evening according to Rishi Sunak

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

loughside wrote: »
    Checkpoint I'd imagine. Same with traffic on the n11 past bray at the moment at a standstill. Garda checkpoint at Kilmac stopping everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wibbs wrote: »
    K, the taoiseach's figures were pulled out of his arse(more likely the HSEs), with near zero basis in reality. The testing has been a farce and is not fit for purpose, so any figures are largely meaningless, when the figures finally come with the delay of up to two weeks. Look to deaths. That and ICU numbers are the only numbers we can have any confidence in.

Sure, we're doing a better job than the UK, but they screwed up massively. Just comparing oneself to an idiot only makes one a lesser idiot, not a genius. If we compare ourselves to the Czechs who did a much better job, we'd have around fifty dead now, not over two hundred. We're in the top ten worldwide for percentage dead per million. And that's with the major advantage of having one of the lowest population densities in the western world.

So no K, the Irish people and certainly the government and the HSE aren't doing such a great job when compared to others doing a better one.

Jesus wibbs as someone who normally contributes brilliantly to most forums we cross paths in that's a very negative post. You didn't strike me as the "sure I'd do better than the guberment" type but the above post does give off more than a hint of this. So anything anyone can do that you'd give actual credit to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tromtipp

Cheers, yeah, I'm aware of that, There would be less than 10 including myself.

One of the exemptions to the 'no travel' rule is family obligations - you are probably okay - but checking with the undertaker seems a good idea. Sympathy.

UK deaths now at 7097. These are hospital only deaths. I wonder how many are dying outside hospitals e.g. nursing homes? At least we are counting everyone.

• Advertisement

tromtipp wrote: »
    One of the exemptions to the 'no travel' rule is family obligations - you are probably okay - but checking with the undertaker seems a good idea. Sympathy.

Thank you, I'll give them a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I must have missed the bit where covid could transmit between vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

EDit wrote: »
    Not sure there is much point getting hung up on the “underlying health conditions” thing unless there is clarity on what is considered an underlying condition. IMO, being obese would likely severely impact your ability to fight the virus off, but I’m not convinced obesity is considered an underlying condition.
    It's consequences very well could be underdiagnosed diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease.

Ireland has highest % of undiagnosed and untreated hypertension in Europe AKAIR.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thank you, I'll give them a try.

I think there was a clause re: compassionate grounds.

May your relative rest in peace.

That Twitter post knows it relates to Garda checkpoint but wants to tell a different story.

New Home wrote: »
    I think there was a clause re: compassionate grounds.

May your relative rest in peace.

Thank you very much. The road traffic corp didn't't know and passed me through to a press office whom also didn't know. You think they would have the specifics of why they are stopping people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

26% rise in Italian cases .... load of f*cking bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

The problem with these lockdowns are, that even if the lockdown is still going on in December, we are still gonna be seeing 3/4K cases a day in Spain/Italy, which will still be massive for the hospitals to handle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

26% rise in new Italian cases perhaps? I read this and thought 30k new cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Monitor1985

26% rise in new Italian cases perhaps? I read this and thought 30k new cases.

I presume he meant to type 2.6% rise today, but it's more 2.8%.

• Advertisement

It's under 4000 again with 542 new deaths. As bad as it is for deaths is still not as bad as you make it out to be for new cases.

Along with 2000 recoveries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

d51984 wrote: »
    When people are rushing to post todays figures first, remember, there not just numbers your posting, they are peoples lifes.

Its someones Mother, someones Father, someones Son, Someones Daughter, Someones Brother, Someones Sister. Each number is a person.

Our Father, which art in heaven,
    Hallowed be thy Name;
    Thy kingdom come;
    Thy will be done
    in earth, as it is in heaven:
    Give us this day our daily bread;
    And forgive us our trespasses,
    as we forgive them that trespass against us;
    And lead us not into temptation,
    But deliver us from evil

Amen.

If I touch this post I believe il be cured.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I presume he meant to type 2.6% rise today, but it's more 2.8%.

I think he meant that today's new case numbers are 26% higher than yesterday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Probably an indication of the greater number of tests being carried out.
    Italy continues to improve death/resolved = 17669/44160

40.01% now under 43% for 5th consecutive day.

Amirani wrote: »

Nothing new there, playing politics as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Virgin is showing the briefing on their 5.30 bulletin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

is the briefing on because rte news now is showing the uk one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

spookwoman wrote: »
    is the briefing on because rte news now is showing the uk one

They are usually a few mins late

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement