Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

R Kings and other car raffles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Miscreant

worded wrote: »
    Are there new duties / tarrifs for UK imports in Jan to the south in Jan and will it impact on these UK draws?

How much extra will have to be paid ?

I would imagine it will be treated the same as importing a vehicle from Japan. You will have to pay Duty, VAT and VRT..... Might be better to take the cash alternative (if they offer one).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Are there new duties / tarrifs for UK imports in Jan to the south in Jan and will it impact on these UK draws?

No one knows is the simple answer at the min.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Some info here

https://ibb.co/CvG4X4d

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

the best info I have seen about new vrt stuff

mfceiling wrote: »
    Lad I've been working with the last 5 years took a call today and it was his 19 year old son telling him he'd won a 2016 vw golf and 2 grand!! Lovely looking car (white).

Is he the lad from Meath all over what’s app with the car now in 5000 pieces?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Possibly VAT to be added.
    But most silk just take the cash alternative then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Mayo_fan wrote: »
    Is he the lad from Meath all over what’s app with the car now in 5000 pieces?

Saw that on facebook. Car in absolute bits, easy come, easy go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

At least he has €2k to put towards rebuilding that wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Another R Kings winner ( and Loser ) :D
    Cahir Gardai observed a vehicle fishtailing conducting a dangerous manoeuvre outside the town in front of one of our patrol cars. The driver was subsequently arrested on suspicion of Dangerous Driving and has been charged to court

126507092_672022110028480_300633875090561649_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=uJx93KFpEiMAX9jndvb&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=5378da6824ca918bca13c596a7018e4b&oe=5FE1054C

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Saw that on facebook. Car in absolute bits, easy come, easy go though.

Was it a Golf R to begin with? It didn't look like one. A savage smash either way :eek:

126943165_1831241447029762_6622653382319001979_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=C-C1QsPJQ98AX_9AlwR&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=9a8e7b19ce8cf77e638b4a7992dc1582&oe=5FDF1FDE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Was it a Golf R to begin with? It didn't look like one. A savage smash either way :eek:

126943165_1831241447029762_6622653382319001979_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=C-C1QsPJQ98AX_9AlwR&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=9a8e7b19ce8cf77e638b4a7992dc1582&oe=5FDF1FDE

Was an R-Line diesel. Lucky boyo that fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Was an R-Line diesel. Lucky boyo that fella.

And the 3 others that were in the car with him. Clown.

Alright I'm gonna say it, letting youngfellas win high performance motors is a recepie for disaster, these lottery style competition companies need to be more responsible. There's a reason it costs a fortune to insure a youngfella on a corsa/micra/fiesta - it's because their brains are full of rocks. You may as well be raffling off a shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭maddness

Alright I'm gonna say it, letting youngfellas win high performance motors is a recepie for disaster, these lottery style competition companies need to be more responsible. There's a reason it costs a fortune to insure a youngfella on a corsa/micra/fiesta - it's because their brains are full of rocks. You may as well be raffling off a shotgun.

It’s a diesel golf...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMcbIOcsLAM

A very lucky young bunch of lads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMcbIOcsLAM

A very lucky young bunch of lads

That’s some crash and damage, they much have been going seriously fast. Luck to be alive.

maddness wrote: »
    It’s a diesel golf...

It's an rkings diesel golf. Probably around 200bhp, it didn't crash doing the speed limit. The engine landed a whole garden away.

It's an rkings diesel golf. Probably around 200bhp, it didn't crash doing the speed limit. The engine landed a whole garden away.

No just the standard 1.6 diesel with about half that. I get it if they were driving a Golf R or something like but I don’t think you can blame R Kings for a bunch of young lads driving like idiots.

No just the standard 1.6 diesel with about half that. I get it if they were driving a Golf R or something like but I don’t think you can blame R Kings for a bunch of young lads driving like idiots.

How do you know that?

vectra wrote: »
    How do you know that?

I remember the particular competition as it was recently. I was going to enter as they said it was a Golf R but then changed it to a R line TDi.
    Perhaps it had 130bhp or whatever and I understand the point about not giving young lads fast cars and was just pointing out that I really don’t think this was the case here.

• Advertisement

Sneaky if that's what they did because it still says golf r on the winners page if I'm looking at the right one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Screen grab doing the rounds says Golf R too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It’s a diesel golf...

Extremely HIGh powered golf..... Well no not really but the insurance and journalists thinks so

Seriously lads, it’s no Golf R. How would a kid get insurance on a real R?

Which is this an r or r line

444a4cfa-78ee-44ac-a8cf-2aafecd1f160.jpeg

Seriously lads, it’s no Golf R. How would a kid get insurance on a real R?

Depends on what their parents do for a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

https://www.rkingscompetitions.com/winners?page=2

According to their site it was a golf R, its the 3rd on listed on page two of the winners list

I remember the particular competition as it was recently. I was going to enter as they said it was a Golf R but then changed it to a R line TDi.
    Perhaps it had 130bhp or whatever and I understand the point about not giving young lads fast cars and was just pointing out that I really don’t think this was the case here.

No, it was a golf R.

Some middle aged lad won the white tdi golf r-line.

Which is this an r or r line

444a4cfa-78ee-44ac-a8cf-2aafecd1f160.jpeg

That’s a bog standard diesel golf with upgraded wheels.

• Advertisement

No, it was a golf R.

Some middle aged lad won the white tdi golf r-line.

Have a look at the picture of the crashed car, it’s not a Golf R.
    If you believe different that’s fine.

Advertisement