Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

R Kings and other car raffles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Great if you want to start a bush/gorse fire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

I've entered one or two, but mainly avoiding the cars, as you will likely end up with a VRT bill, and have no history worth talking about or any comeback with major faults. Add to that, some of the cars are almost uninsurable in the Republic. Having said that, if you want to take the chance, they have some nice stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

In fairness for 10-20 quid I'd be happy to have any of the cars I've entered for! What comeback would you want, 20 quid back? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

They definitely have a target demographic, You'd almost think a matching tracksuit and bikes were a prerequisite for entering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

What is wrong with the people saying they wouldn't enter due to big tax, vrt etc
    You could win a car worth thousands for 30 euro.
    Sell it for 100 if you're so worried, you're up 70.
    No one said you have to keep it, jeez.

• Advertisement

What's the story with the Clear Comments?

Mc Love wrote: »
    What's the story with the Clear Comments?

He uses a random generator on Google, so once a draw is complete he changes the range and generates a few results to "clear" things, not really needed imo but just brings extra transparency.

Then for next draw he'll set the range and generate the result.

The clear comments are just people commenting saying they are happy that the last result is wiped and they are ready for the new one.

I was just typing random phrases after the clear - at least he got a good laugh out of it.

There seems to be one lad entered in nearly every draw - hear his name being mentioned on it the whole time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Mc Love wrote: »
    I was just typing random phrases after the clear - at least he got a good laugh out of it.

There seems to be one lad entered in nearly every draw - hear his name being mentioned on it the whole time

It's only a raffle though, so it's not like it will attract compulsive gambers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

LP560-4 gallardo

This should be going live at 6 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Maybe me being negative but what are the chances of the winner being able to maintain that car to a good standard?

Maybe me being negative but what are the chances of the winner being able to maintain that car to a good standard?

That's not a car, that's a sizeable house deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

That car is only fit for the motorways. It's going some lad deep in the country side that well win it

And it's gone from that link?

Had a look at similar cars with a uk reg. £80k - £90k
    When they have sold all tickets they will take in £100k

How much would they have to pay in tax on the £100k?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Somepeople

And it's gone from that link?

Had a look at similar cars with a uk reg. £80k - £90k
    When they have sold all tickets they will take in £100k

How much would they have to pay in tax on the £100k?

Pay tax on whatever is left from the 10-20k profit after expenses.

Main expenses
    Transaction fee of 1 or 2%
    Cost of transporting car to their premises

gov.uk says all lawful lotteries are exempt form duty. But also says 12% of all tickets sold must be paid in duty. If all lawful lotteries are exempt what kind of lotteries are not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Did the lambo sell out in less then 45 minutes?

35 mins You just know that's the €350 payment some are getting right now gone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Somepeople

gov.uk says all lawful lotteries are exempt form duty. But also says 12% of all tickets sold must be paid in duty. If all lawful lotteries are exempt what kind of lotteries are not?

Apparently it falls under a game of skill not a lottery as you have to answer a simple question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

In 35 minutes,100k made in 35 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

I think the thread title is unfair to the owners of this company. It's clearly not a scam, and the thread is being used now to discuss prizes.

Can a mod change it to something more suitable?

Somepeople wrote: »
    Apparently it falls under a game of skill not a lottery as you have to answer a simple question.

Good point. They are a registered company so you would think they would owe some tax on profits then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Sounds like the sales patter for those chain letter things that did the rounds when I was a student...'I know a fella made a 100,000 out of it'. :D

I know a woman who has won twice, and someone at work won a car a few week ago, not my thing but it's seems straight up

There is no doubt it's not a scam. Actually scamming would be bad for business, with the amount they are making on each draw and many people entering because they know a friend of a friend who has won.

I do think the current law was designed for charities to make money so it's only a matter of time before the law is amended.
    But in the mean time they will make plenty off of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,792 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Damn, missed the lambo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭ofcork

Garage in cork have a beautiful 2011 S350 up at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

ofcork wrote: »
    Garage in cork have a beautiful 2011 S350 up at the moment.

Nice machine but the cost of running it would out ne off it

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Darksoul

What's the story with the raffle end time? Say only 10 people enter at a fiver an entry, does the car get rafdled anyway (surely not?) or do you get your fiver back or what?

Screenshot-20200507-173256-Facebook.jpg

You get refunded back your fiver if they don't sell all tickets required within the time limit.

I don't see many cars lately hitting the targets and successfully completed on that site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭ofcork

Another one has 2013 ni reg M5 supposedly with 635bhp up.

Advertisement