Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shutdown

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Breezin wrote: »
    What's the legal position, or, more realistically, the enforcement position? People in the UK and US are fairly militant on one's right to do one's own servicing, but I wonder if there's been any experience of that here.

Not sure - I did have warranty work done and McCallens were grand. Organised it with KTM and probably never mentioned anything. But I wouldn't imagine M50 down here would have done the same thing. A guy I know tried to claim a tail light under warranty with them and they blamed him for carrying pillions the wrong way and refused - even though he never had anybody on the back :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

The yanks are brain washed trump loving idiots who wouldnt know their arse from their elbow when it comes to social distancing and how dangerous the corona virus is.
    All they care about is their guns n beer.........

That says it all really.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

batman_oh wrote: »
    Not sure - I did have warranty work done and McCallens were grand. Organised it with KTM and probably never mentioned anything. But I wouldn't imagine M50 down here would have done the same thing. A guy I know tried to claim a tail light under warranty with them and they blamed him for carrying pillions the wrong way and refused - even though he never had anybody on the back :rolleyes:

Ordered some KTM parts from Fowlers in the UK..they said it could take 15 days to get to me because of the situation...arrived today...9 days ...brilliant service...:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Ohio9

The yanks are brain washed trump loving idiots who wouldnt know their arse from their elbow when it comes to social distancing and how dangerous the corona virus is.

You meant to say that yanks aren't dumb sheep who beg for the opportunity to give up all their rights. If you would allow the majority sheep to make decisions then motorbikes would be banned in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

Ordered some KTM parts from Fowlers in the UK..they said it could take 15 days to get to me because of the situation...arrived today...9 days ...brilliant service...:)

Fowler's are overpriced when compared to the European KTM retailers.
    5 Delivery with DHL too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

batman_oh wrote: »

I'll probably never buy a new bike in this country again and cûntish behaviour like that is one of the main reasons.

Life ain't always empty.

:confused: I'm not saying you're wrong though...

Japcati? I was going to sign up on the SV1000 forum with that name :)

Life ain't always empty.

Ohio9 wrote: »
    Don't ride motorcycles. I drive a large SUV.

Remind me why we have to hear your "pearls of wisdom" on the motorcycle forum, again?

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

What's the legal position, or, more realistically, the enforcement position? People in the UK and US are fairly militant on one's right to do one's own servicing, but I wonder if there's been any experience of that here.

You can service your own vehicle here and once you use OEM parts it won't void your warranty. The problem arises when you use or fit spurious parts in that the garage will blame your spurious parts for any issues, which will be the case in any country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Interesting note on fowlers. At the moment they are dumping shyte tonnes of old stock on certain models via ebay at huge money.
    Being an oem parts nerd for my bikes I knew it was jive as they listed stuff which simply has not been available for over a decade.
    Further checks showed what they have done is just taken the entirety of the model fische and barfed it up on ebay knowing folks are going to be wasting their times buying a lot of discontinued or exhausted stock and will need refunding. Beats doing actual stock inventory and sales tho!

• Advertisement

Ohio9 wrote: »
    You meant to say that yanks aren't dumb sheep who beg for the opportunity to give up all their rights. If you would allow the majority sheep to make decisions then motorbikes would be banned in here.

You are correct but it's a slippy road ohio. The cackling bastards knitting beside the guillotine will always want more heads irregardless.
    You could kiss goodbye to contact sports no heine and rugger to watch (barbaric sport head n spinal injuries oh dear can't have that) , no GAA (as above) , horseracing (the poor horses! and the little fellas who fall off them), motor racing (crashes!), parachute jumping (the gound!!?), oh and svu's (****ty illl handling aspirational vehicles in a country like Ireland with high cog's on what are essentially car chassis, get rid of them too they'll roll!)
    Nanny state baby, talk to Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Breezin

H_Lime wrote: »
    You are correct but it's a slippy road ohio. The cackling bastards knitting beside the guillotine will always want more heads irregardless.
    You could kiss goodbye to contact sports no heine and rugger to watch (barbaric sport head n spinal injuries oh dear can't have that) , no GAA (as above) , horseracing (the poor horses! and the little fellas who fall off them), motor racing (crashes!), parachute jumping (the gound!!?), oh and svu's (****ty illl handling aspirational vehicles in a country like Ireland with high cog's on what are essentially car chassis, get rid of them too they'll roll!)
    Nanny state baby, talk to Joe!

Ban SUVs? I'm all for getting rid of the monstrosities. Let's do it!

Excellent, now where's me knitting needles:D

SUV's are mostly for men that work in offices and wifey wont let them get back on a bike........:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

SUV's are mostly for men that work in offices and wifey wont let them get back on a bike........:P
    It also compensates for their husbands' small penis. :eek:

Ironically, they have their origins in redneck culture and favourable US tax rates for pickup manufacturers. Overall, for car makers, they represent more money for not much more product.

So those office slicks are actually hillbillies.

Hicks in suits...blue suits with brown shoes.....and the bigger more vulgar the SUV you have makes you the envy of the "team".....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

D3V!L wrote: »
    Anyone come across severe hostility when stopped at a checkpoint ?
    Myself and my wife took my Harley tourer to do the shopping but we were stopped about 200 meters from our house at a checkpoint. The Garda said we looked like we were just dressed up for a spin.

Quite the opposite. Met a sergeant in Roscommon on a quiet road and we had an engaging chat about the DCT on my bike.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

So bar using the bike as a means of getting to work, or going to the shops or pharmacy or an essential journey, was there anything from recent announcement when we'd be grand to go for a spin, without any finger wagging ?

mjsc1970 wrote: »
    So bar using the bike as a means of getting to work, or going to the shops or pharmacy or an essential journey, was there anything from recent announcement when we'd be grand to go for a spin, without any finger wagging ?

Here's the first mention of any relaxation re travel... but still having to avoid 'unnecessary journeys' (from thejournal.ie)
    Phase three – 29 June

With regard to community health measures, the document advises that during phase three people should maintain restriction to within 20km of their home and to continue to avoid unnecessary journeys.

This seems to take the shackles off. No mention of necessity of journey.
    Phase four – 20 July

With regard to community health measures, the document advises that during phase four travel can be extended to outside a person’s region.

• Advertisement

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement