Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd fecking murder a good creamy pint

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

God I miss those Sunday evening pints and absolute shít talk between a few friends and maybe a pack of bacon fries.

It's been mentioned a few times but I'd love to be heading out for a few day scoops today.

I’ve put a couple in then fridge and, while it’s far nicer beer for me than anything I’d get in the local pub, it’s hard to beat draught anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭chooseusername

There'll be some stale stuff around when they re-open.
    I'll give it a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

There'll be some stale stuff around when they re-open.
    I'll give it a few days.

99% of pubs will pull a pint or three before reopening. Most will be pull at least one the following morning anyway.

Any kegs over three months will be replaced by Diageo

• Advertisement

I’ve put a couple in then fridge and, while it’s far nicer beer for me than anything I’d get in the local pub, it’s hard to beat draught anything.
    A bad pint in a good pub is still better than a good can in an empty house.

The Lord graciously hear us.
    Amen.

99% of pubs will pull a pint or three before reopening. Most will be pull at least one the following morning anyway.

Any kegs over three months will be replaced by Diageo

You're probably right,
    but I'll still give it a few days.
    ( just saw the time there now, and can't believe i'm on here over an hour)

We’ll know when they’re reopening and they’ll be well stocked with new stuff.

That said, might be better to give it a few days or weeks as it’ll probably take about half an hour to get one of said pints. Places will be jammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's not the beer I miss.
    It's the local catch up.
    It's the few chats.
    It's the habit.
    It's the supporting a local small business.
    It's the diversion.

As a person who ventured into one of my locals pretty much daily, I miss my local pubs badly.
    Booze is booze. A local pub is special.

• Advertisement

It's the local catch up.
    It's the few chats.
    It's the habit.
    It's the diversion.

As a person who ventured into one of my locals pretty much daily, I miss my local pubs badly.

The Dubs won't understand this.

It's the local catch up.
    It's the few chats.
    It's the habit.
    It's the diversion.

For me it’s that first mouthful of a real pint in a proper pint glass handed to me. The rest of it, not so much. But the local pub isn’t a ‘local’ type pub anyway so there’s no chats and no catching up.

If I lived in Dublin, I'd have a local bar, too.
    Cities have locals.

Any city or big town livers won’t.

For me it’s that first mouthful of a real pint in a proper pint glass handed to me. The rest of it, not so much. But the local pub isn’t a ‘local’ type pub anyway so there’s no chats and no catching up.

You wouldn't get me, at all.
    I, pretty much always, drink half pints. (half the price of a pint in my local pubs).

You wouldn't get me, at all.
    I, pretty much always, drink half pints. (half the price of a pint in my local pubs).

A half pint glass would even do. I miss all those other things you mentioned from when I lived in a village that are lost in big towns and cities since the late 1990’s. That’ll be the first port of call for a pint anyway.
    I still need about 3 or 4 of the pints to break into chat regardless too.

I still need about 3 or 4 of the pints to break into chat regardless too.

I'd be gone home before you'd be warmed up.
    Maybe, we would get along!

I'd be gone home before you'd be warmed up.
    Maybe, we would get along!

Ah, you’d be surprised. I’d just have to have a few on the way down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

They never are though. Same goes for any drink.

It's all about where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Before the crisis the general consensus around here was that pubs were a complete ripoff; the publicans were Shylock style characters, and that it was far preferable to drink at home while playing computer games or watching Netflix.

Now you have lads almost getting emotional about the thoughts of their local.

Fickle bunch.

• Advertisement

Before the crisis the general consensus around here was that pubs were a complete ripoff; the publicans were Shylock style characters, and that it was far preferable to drink at home while playing computer games or watching Netflix.

Fickle bunch.

Again, depends where you are. If you’re in Dublin and similar where you’re just a number and with the big prices then of course, but there’s a lot of Ireland still left in other places.

Fickle bunch.

Wow, you just painted everyone with the same brush.

Well done, obviously some people prefer drinking at home.

This is a thread about people missing a good pint in their local and their friends and the craic.

Any city or big town livers won’t.

I live in Cork City centre.
    I have local pubs.

Your anti city jibes, and particularly your anti Dublin jibes are tiresome and irrelevant.

I live in Cork City centre.
    I have local pubs.

Your anti city jibes, and particularly your anti Dublin jibes are tiresome and irrelevant.

That was some leap, desperate to take offence.
    I love Cork city myself but you don’t really get proper locals in cities no matter how much you want to be insulted by that. You won’t get a big crowd of strangers land into a real local and take up all the space in Strokestown or Fiddown or something like you could in a city.

But yes, Dublin is awful for the most part. There’s some great pubs but you wouldn’t call any of them the ‘local’ type. You’re a carrier of money in them and nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Fickle bunch.

Agreed.
    They'll not be long before they start giving out about the price of pints again.

I love Cork city myself but you don’t really get proper locals in cities no matter how much you want to be insulted by that. You won’t get a big crowd of strangers land into a real local and take up all the space in Strokestown or Fiddown or something like you could in a city.

But yes, Dublin is awful for the most part. There’s some great pubs but you wouldn’t call any of them the ‘local’ type. You’re a carrier of money in them and nothing more.

Uninformed.
    Prejudiced.
    Nonsense.

I'm not in the least but offended. Just pointing out the rubbish you are posting. I've no doubt that you're observations get smarter after 3 or 4 pints.

Cities have communities and locals.

Uninformed.
    Prejudiced.
    Nonsense.

I'm not in the least but offended. Just pointing out the rubbish you are posting. I've no doubt that you're observations get smarter after 3 or 4 pints.

Cities have communities and locals.

I can assure you it’s far from prejudiced. I’m not saying anything about the majority of people from any city because the majority of people are grand. Not uninformed either because I have lived in cities, large towns, villages, and in the sticks. Opinion won’t ever change after 3 or 4 pints (no matter how dumb you’re calling me), nobody would hear a word from me pre that. They won’t hear a peep out of me after that point either unless they ask (never speak until spoken to).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Rubbish. In any city of a decent population city centre pubs will be crowd pullers but there are plenty good local type pubs all over Dublin where the customers are largely regulars.
    They are frequented throughout the day by the punters nipping in and out of the bookies, the carvey crowd at lunchtime, the after work gang and the evening gang which can be quiet midweek but then lively Fri to Sun.
    As for Dublin being awful what are you comparing it with, Knocknaheeny?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Rubbish. In any city of a decent population city centre pubs will be crowd pullers but there are plenty good local type pubs all over Dublin where the customers are largely regulars.
    They are frequented throughout the day by the punters nipping in and out of the bookies, the carvery crowd at lunchtime, the after work gang and the evening gang which can be quiet midweek but then lively Fri to Sun.
    As for Dublin being awful what are you comparing it with, Knocknaheeny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

No.

Advertisement