Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Burty330 wrote: »
    You can take as fact!

No, you can't.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus long time since I listened to the offspring, might make a trip up for it whenever It takes place

Same here.

Also a band I've never seen live, well they haven’t played here since 2004 so that’s my excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Sorry to burst people's 'feelings' but 'it'll be a long time' before we see the 'end of the line' .

There's 'no breaks' on this covid. Hopefully it will be 'gone away' by 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PCros wrote: »
    Same here.

Also a band I've never seen live, well they haven’t played here since 2004 so that’s my excuse!

I've gone through a huge phase of listening over the last year, so this quite good timing. The Hives too is great.

Was at that 2004 show too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    I've gone through a huge phase of listening over the last year, so this quite good timing. The Hives too is great.

Was at that 2004 show too

I've never seen either band but it will be a great night especially for €60.

The way I see it is we will all be fully vaccinated say by the end of the summer (at the latest unless there is a huge hiccup) we surely will have to start living with the virus being around and if we are vaccinated then there should be no reason.

Now thats just my 2c and im no health expert ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Saw the Offspring in 2004 in Dublin and 2007(I think) in Greece. They are starting to age now but they were both cracking gigs. New album out and a very strong back catalogue should make it a great night.

I'm going to be optimistic and pick up tickets. If it's rescheduled then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,784 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Had a listen there and memories of the Hive came back fairly quick. Great band to have as support

'Hate to say I told you so' still gets played a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The point is, staff are booking and promoting gigs just to stay employed. It's time mcd and akien head off down the scratcher with the rest of the trade cos gigs are not coming back till 2022 at the earliest. You can take as fact!
    There were gigs last year in Autumn.
    The chances that there won't be some gigs in October/November, after everyone is vaccinated, is pretty much nil.
    There will almost certainly be many gigs later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

You can't even go to a restaurant and people are sure a 10k people gig will happen in a few months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,784 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There were gigs last year in Autumn.
    The chances that there won't be some gigs in October/November, after everyone is vaccinated, is pretty much nil.

I'd be over the moon if it meant we were going back to gigs in the Autumn/Winter time. Obv the next few weeks will tell a lot.

It would be frustrating if tours cancel there Dublin shows and then play the UK ones as i would imagine the UK are ahead of us at this stage on allowing mass gatherings. Id almost go over there for concerts but as we all know travelling could be an issue.
    showpony1 wrote: »
    You can't even go to a restaurant and people are sure a 10k people gig will happen in a few months time.

You cant even go for a legal haircut let alone go to a restaurant in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

Could possibly see this going ahead in some "reduced capacity" format which suits this gig perfectly as I don't think it would it ever sell out in normal times.

I've seen both bands at Rock En Seine a few years ago and they are were great fun. Perfect festival bands who don't seem to take themselves too seriously.

Really glad to see gigs being announced anyway!

Lol@ thinking there will be arena shoes in 2021..i guess some people need hope to cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

You didn't say arena shows, you said gigs :rolleyes:

People threw hissy fits when I told them there would no gigs, shows, festivals during summer 2020.. The likes of penfold had a meltdown from which he still hasn't recovered from.
    I can tell you for fact that there will be no gigs, nobarea shows, no Puck fairs till 2022 at the earliest.
    Dont blame me, blame the government schemes designed to kill your dreams.

I've seen The Hives years ago at Oxygen or Witnness. They were excellent.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

People threw hissy fits when I told them there would no gigs, shows, festivals during summer 2020.. The likes of penfold had a meltdown from which he still hasn't recovered from.
    I can tell you for fact that there will be no gigs, nobarea shows, no Puck fairs till 2022 at the earliest.

Meltdown? You want to quote my 'meltdown' back to me? It's not memorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

How can you tell us for a fact? Can you point us to the facts that say no concerts, arena gigs, shows etc...before 2022? Not your opinion, actual facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Have to say I'd be shocked if there are arena gigs by year end. Would be delighted to get some smaller socially distant gigs in though by Christmas ... who knows!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Seems optimistic but ya never know sure

https://twitter.com/foggynotions/status/1382624289464197126

Soda Blonde have announced some gigs in September

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre/status/1384078520326922259

• Advertisement

Radio Nova are announcing a gig this morning for a gig in 2022

MCD have just announced Status Quo for next Feb so id say its that :(

Villagers have announced Irish tour in November/December. Maybe these promoters know something the rest of us dont :pac:

https://twitter.com/wearevillagers/status/1384450122537308160

The "Joker" film is going to be shown in the Bord Gais with a live Orchestra on Oct 17th

The "Joker" film is going to be shown in the Bord Gais with a live Orchestra on Oct 17th

78e including fees. Wonder would there be much demand for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Eod100 wrote: »

That's a fair old whack now for a film. I went to Aliens with the orchestra there a couple of years back and it was €86.60 for 2 tickets including the fees....even then I was thinking it was pricey!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I cant imagine there would be, especially now with the film not as relevant as 2 years ago.
    78 euro is extortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Zardoz wrote: »
    I cant imagine there would be, especially now with the film not as relevant as 2 years ago.
    78 euro is extortion.

The price is for the orchestra. Theres almost 100 musicians that need to be paid!

Can't think of another highly skilled profession thats so under paid like classically trained musicians

David Keenan announced an Irish tour in December.

Also Villagers 1st gig sold out, 2nd selling now and looks like 3rd one planned if that sells out.

https://twitter.com/DavidKeenanmuso/status/1385579458367795203

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fafy

Soda Blonde have announced some gigs in September

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre/status/1384078520326922259

Also playing Cyprus Avenue, September 9th

• Advertisement

Bon Jovi doing drive-in filmed screening gigs in May. Be interesting to see if these go ahead.

https://nialler9.com/you-cant-go-to-a-gig-yet-but-you-can-apparently-go-to-a-bon-jovi-drive-in-screening/

Advertisement