Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭lc180

I see Kasabian have announced a UK tour for Oct, wonder will Tom be back with the band?

Doesn't look like it. Announcement mentions Sergio, Chris and Ian.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not my thing at all tbh. Its like they wanted to make drive in gigs worse.. :pac:

81r6%2BrN52gL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Worse? How could it be worse?
    Jovi-ovha Jovi-ovha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

RTE reporting it's James Vincent McMorrow for the pilot gig in Iveagh Gardens on 10th June with crowd of 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

RTE reporting it's James Vincent McMorrow for the pilot gig in Iveagh Gardens on 10th June with crowd of 500.

Its a start

Tbh a bit anxious as i cant see them allowing indoor gigs for the rest of the year. Have tickets to 3 concerts in the 3Arena from September-December

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Its a start

Tbh a bit anxious as i cant see them allowing indoor gigs for the rest of the year. Have tickets to 3 concerts in the 3Arena from September-December

Yeah hard to know at this stage if they will but every week another 300,000 should get a vaccine so things might look lot different by September say

• Advertisement

Yeah hard to know at this stage if they will but every week another 300,000 should get a vaccine so things might look lot different by September say

hopefully, i have a few backup plans made up subject to money/work etc as i cant see tours been rescheduled if UK arenas can cater for full capacity's and Dublin can't bar the ones already for 2022

Id be pissed off looking at Genesis/Elton john playing gigs in the UK after cancelling Dublin shows because of local restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CELBRIDGE HOOP

Its a start

Why would you be a bit anxious?The gigs either get rescheduled for 2022 or you get a refund.

Why would you be a bit anxious?The gigs either get rescheduled for 2022 or you get a refund.

For some of those I feel they would tour the available Arenas at full capacity and just cancel the Dublin dates

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CELBRIDGE HOOP

hopefully, i have a few backup plans made up subject to money/work etc as i cant see tours been rescheduled if UK arenas can cater for full capacity's and Dublin can't bar the ones already for 2022

Id be pissed off looking at Genesis/Elton john playing gigs in the UK after cancelling Dublin shows because of local restrictions

I'd be pissed off looking at Genesis/Elton John as well. Can't think of anything worse. Maybe Garth Brooks!

Anyone lucky enough to get a ticket for James Vincent McMorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Anyone lucky enough to get a ticket for James Vincent McMorrow?

Nope two tickets in basket at 10 and site crashed straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The James Vincent mcmorrow gig is definitely sold out, only 500 tickets, NCH have tweeted to confirm.

Anyone have any idea when the phoenix park gig might go on sale? Who is playing?

Nope two tickets in basket at 10 and site crashed straight away.

Ah feck! Got further than me just had surr crashing and then got sold out page but apparently some people kept refreshing and got tickets after while. Well sold out by now unfortunately though!

gmisk wrote: »
    The James Vincent mcmorrow gig is definitely sold out, only 500 tickets, NCH have tweeted to confirm.

Anyone have any idea when the phoenix park gig might go on sale? Who is playing?

It's a seated gig so not sure is that to manage distancing or could be for older demographic. No details out yet afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

The Ramparts let us know what pub and 2021 or 2022...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Plus fingers crossed Mr Billly Bragg not yet cancelled Nov 21....

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Christy Moore is set to play at one of the first indoor gigs in Ireland this year at a pilot event in Killarney INEC

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Picture This touring in December, 3 nights in INEC Killarney

https://www.eltonjohn.com/stories/fybr-story-so-far

Major tour announcement on the 23rd June. Let's hope its not another postponement. Having this concert to look forward to in December would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Major tour announcement on the 23rd June. Let's hope its not another postponement. Having this concert to look forward to in December would be great
    Elton's final ever tour returns to the road this autumn.

Join the Rocket Club for a major tour announcement on June 23, 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭fafy

It won’t be, Extra dates i’d say, he’l certainly add lots of Australia dates onto the Jan 2023 gigs in New Zealand, and some more around Asia as well, theres room in the schedule for another leg of theTour in the U.S., he has Europe well covered, theres a very short list of acts, that can sell 25 ish of the largest arena gigs, around- just the UK & Ireland, and 7 at the O2 London alone.
    Its a never ending farewell tour, it was i think about 3 years originally, for the initial 300 gigs, now will extend to nearly 5 years- September 2018 to probably mid 2023.

I remember i got a guided tour of Madison Square Garden in 2005, the guide asked us, which music act, who we thought had the record number of appearances at the venue, i assumed Billy Joel or Bruce Springsteen, but it was Elton John- at that time , Billy passed him out about 10 years later though ! Elton is unlikely to catch him now, as Billy has been doing just 1 gig, every month there, for a a few years (he’s at over 100 gigs there now)and restarts those monthly gigs, later this year.

fafy wrote: »
    It won’t be, Extra dates i’d say, he’l certainly add lots of Australia dates onto the Jan 2023 gigs in New Zealand, and some more around Asia as well, theres room in the schedule for another leg of theTour in the U.S., he has Europe well covered, theres a very short list of acts, that can sell 25 ish of the largest arena gigs, around- just the UK & Ireland, and 7 at the O2 London alone.
    Its a never ending farewell tour, it was i think about 3 years originally, for the initial 300 gigs, now will extend to nearly 5 years- September 2018 to probably mid 2023.

I remember i got a guided tour of Madison Square Garden in 2005, the guide asked us, which music act, who we thought had the record number of appearances at the venue, i assumed Billy Joel or Bruce Springsteen, but it was Elton John- at that time , Billy passed him out about 10 years later though ! Elton is unlikely to catch him now, as Billy has been doing just 1 gig, every month there, for a a few years (he’s at over 100 gigs there now)and restarts those monthly gigs, later this year.

He might be doing a few warm up gigs somewhere maybe before he starts the next European leg

Never saw him live and kicking myself I didn't go last time but have my ticket for December and hopefully it goes ahead as scheduled

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭argentum

3500 fully seated at a gig in 7 days in the Royal Hospital Kilmainham
    Kodaline with 5 others as support including Denise Chaila
    Tickets not on sale yet as far as I know

argentum wrote: »
    3500 fully seated at a gig in 7 days in the Royal Hospital Kilmainham
    Kodaline with 5 others as support including Denise Chaila
    Tickets not on sale yet as far as I know

Is that instead of the phoenix park festival that was supposed to happen next Saturday

Is that instead of the phoenix park festival that was supposed to happen next Saturday

Yup, say so, same time and same crowd. Not sure why there was change of location.

Yup, say so, same time and same crowd. Not sure why there was change of location.

I'd imagine its in the courtyard so easier to set up and control

Good to see something happening at least even if it is so cautious compared to similar events in other countries

Its back till July 3rd now....sure we only have to wait another week

https://twitter.com/FOZZYROCK/status/1406924818952372227?s=19

Chris Jerichos Fozzy playing the Opium on the 4th December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Joffrey

Button Factory is running a series of gigs in July.......including us on July 20th :pac:

Can see full line up here

https://buttonfactory.ie/

Advertisement