Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Irish Gigs (Confirmed & Rumoured Events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Same, In late 2019/2020 id be meh about another Foo Fighters show giving id seen them twice in previous years

This pandemic made me empty my bucket list and start over :D

Cant see this gig announcement been for 2021 unless its for November/December

We’ll never give out about a festival line up again....well, not for a year or two anyway!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Same, In late 2019/2020 id be meh about another Foo Fighters show giving id seen them twice in previous years

This pandemic made me empty my bucket list and start over :D

Cant see this gig announcement been for 2021 unless its for November/December

I've seen them six times now and they've never disappointed.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Mad to think I was last at a gig in January 2020. !

My last one was a year ago tomorrow.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Penfailed wrote: »
    I've seen them six times now and they've never disappointed.

7 Times for me and they are such a great live band and will be getting tickets for their next gig no matter what, I may be slightly biased since they are my favourite band ha.

I hope its a gig announcement but im kinda surprised it would be announced on NOVA, usually its 2FM or Today FM

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭edgesgirl

Seen them twice and will go anywhere to see them again. I'd even struggle through the lunacy of Slane again.

Bought tickets for And So I Watch You From Afar for Cork in November 2019...Still holding out hope:)

• Advertisement

edgesgirl wrote: »
    Seen them twice and will go anywhere to see them again. I'd even struggle through the lunacy of Slane again.

Bought tickets for And So I Watch You From Afar for Cork in November 2019...Still holding out hope:)

And So I Watch You From Afar was my second last gig in January 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is it worth starting a 2022 thread ?

Penfailed wrote: »
    And So I Watch You From Afar was my second last gig in January 2020.
    I've not seen them before. I've followed them for 10 years.

edgesgirl wrote: »
    I've not seen them before. I've followed them for 10 years.

Ah, no way! They are absolutely unreal live. I've seen them more than any other band. I first saw them before their first album came out in a tiny venue in Portrush on the north coast. The last time, in Derry, they played the first album from start to finish and wrapped up the show with 'S is for Salamander' from the Letters EP. It was amazing.

I just hope the Old Oak in Cork can hold out till all of this is over and that they'll be able to play the gig. It was that first album tour that got interrupted. I'll go anywhere at this stage to see it :)

• Advertisement

So Nova's announcement was Foo Fighters radio coming to Nova every Saturday from the 27th of Feb

So Nova's announcement was Foo Fighters radio coming to Nova every Saturday from the 27th of Feb

Bummer

Anti climax. I didn't think a gig announcement was likely in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hellfest in France cancelled, likely not the last one so that will impact bands touring. Can see it impacting the Deftones/Gojira gig here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mushy wrote: »
    Can see it impacting the Deftones/Gojira gig here

Thats in early June so is cancelled regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Nal wrote: »
    Thats in early June so is cancelled regardless.

There won't be any easing of restrictions bar schools for the next 9 weeks it seems.
    Our Government and health system are the laughing stock of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'd be surprised if we were the laughing stock of Europe, considering:

a) we've one of the lower numbers of cases in Europe
    b) we've one of the lower death rates in Europe
    c) we've one of the better vaccination rates in Europe
    d) I doubt most countries think about or give a sh1t about us really

They should probably concentrate on their own countries tbh

tGu0anT.jpg

I'd be surprised if we were the laughing stock of Europe, considering:

a) we've one of the lower numbers of cases in Europe
    b) we've one of the lower death rates in Europe
    c) we've one of the better vaccination rates in Europe
    d) I doubt most countries think about or give a sh1t about us really

They should probably concentrate on their own countries tbh

We are an island nation, on the edge of Europe and with one of the lowest population densities in Europe.
    Ireland has been in lockdown for more than almost any country in Europe and we look like being one the last countries in Europe to open up.

The Govt and the HSE have been grossly incompetent in handling the pandemic.
    Our health service isn't fit for purpose meaning that the country has to continuously enter draconian lockdowns.
    The airports were left open with almost no restrictions until last month.

Its a very illogical plan .

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭DarMul17

• Registered Users Posts: 23 instanel

What's the chances that GN'R marley park gig will actually go ahead this summer? A large proportion of the country still won't be vaccinated by June.... Is it likely its just gonna be postponed till summer 2022?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

instanel wrote: »
    What's the chances that GN'R marley park gig will actually go ahead this summer? A large proportion of the country still won't be vaccinated by June.... Is it likely its just gonna be postponed till summer 2022?

Hopefully a large proportion of the country will be jabbed with at least one dose by June...but yea I'd reckon the big summer gigs (especially that early in summer) are going to be postponed till next year unfortunately.

Edit: I still hold out a semblance of hope for some form of gigs from the late summer/early autumn....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I have tickets for John Bishop’s Live at the Marquee gig. It was rescheduled for June this year but presumably the marquee gigs won’t be happening. I wonder what the chances of getting a refund are.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 K.Hawksworth

Have been a huge Deftones fan the last 20 years, last years new album was incredible. I'd give my left arm to see them live again but everytime I get to the checkout page on ticketmaster I can't bring myself to commit knowing I'll be probably be left disappointed. June 6th is too soon for any significant return to normality imo.

Have been a huge Deftones fan the last 20 years, last years new album was incredible. I'd give my left arm to see them live again but everytime I get to the checkout page on ticketmaster I can't bring myself to commit knowing I'll be probably be left disappointed. June 6th is too soon for any significant return to normality imo.

I had tickets to see them at Sunstroke in June last year. Gutted. The new album is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

With the current coronavirus worldwide pandemic a lot of 2020 events will now take place in 2021. The following are the shows which have been moved to 2021 with no doubt more TBA

3Arena

Harry Styles- Friday, 19 March 2021
    Is anyone hearing any news about Harry Styles gig, deferred from last year once already? Kids don't want to let go of their tickets in case it is rescheduled - I don't want to leave money with Ticketmaster indefinitely.

All suggestions welcome.

Is anyone hearing any news about Harry Styles gig, deferred from last year once already? Kids don't want to let go of their tickets in case it is rescheduled - I don't want to leave money with Ticketmaster indefinitely.

All suggestions welcome.

No new date confirmed yet but I'd be very confident of it being rescheduled for next year.

162026776_10159362840714548_1675343899744028212_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=AnMuKpi6bj4AX8o2sJd&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e2bb1fc836cde6c2963584985bb1644f&oe=60783C82

162033074_10157515413997271_5742150817115337789_o.png?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=b_-IBfvd_kgAX8eNjiw&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=349e80a2c6d0162e0ba9a14925cbd7fa&oe=607A4C6A

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looks like 2022 will be a huge year for gigs all going well. Will be some sent up demand, should be a great year!

Eod100 wrote: »
    Looks like 2022 will be a huge year for gigs all going well. Will be some sent up demand, should be a great year!

Which is clever to announce gigs nearly a year or more in advance because people will be dying for gigs so they'll want something to look forward too.

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »

Yeah it could be a great year here's hoping

If (big if) gigs happen in the UK going into late summer/Autumn 2021 i might make a trip over esp if Irish shows on the tours are cancelled. Genesis and Elton John both doing tours of UK Arenas in Autumn/Winter 2021 with Dublin shows included but we all know our stance on mass gatherings

Kind of surrell that the Hella Mega tour among others will take place almost 3 years after tickets were announced/started

Advertisement