Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Covid-19 Haircut Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Hard to read that from his post. But if you plumb the depths of meaning, anything's possible.

Pretty sure he expects all to be equal under the law. Taking Covid payments, doing nixers and risking everyone's health during a national emergency should be jail time.

If you read many of his posts it's not hard to arrive at the assumption I did.
    Risking everyone's health? Cop on. Right measures taken it's a non issue. What do you think will be different when they are officially allowed open?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Some people might disagree with the restrictions (I don’t fwiw) but it doesn’t give the right to ignore them.

Anyone found deliberately breaching restrictions like this should be hit with a massive fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I walked past a “closed” barbers in Cork city yesterday. Guy inside there with a mask on cutting hair. Lights were dimmed...but come on are they not worried a Garda could walk past?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Why is other countries had hairdressers amongst the first to open up but we have them amongst the last?

Do we know something other countries don't?

Because we have a dithering committee of civil servants making up the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Benimar wrote: »
    Some people might disagree with the restrictions (I don’t fwiw) but it doesn’t give the right to ignore them.

Anyone found deliberately breaching restrictions like this should be hit with a massive fine.
    Yep if it's just a free for all we will have to go back into complete lockdown if cases spike. A phased approach is best, but everyone has to adhere to it or it doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

And THIS is why the lockdown is set to drag on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

road_high wrote: »
    Once the restrictions become pointless and almost endlessly drawn out, then yes people will work around them. That’s what human beings do- they live rather than sitting at home waiting to die

I'm sitting at home, living my life. I'm not waiting to die. However if my staying at home for a couple of months has the potential to save a few lives then I'll do it. I'm a human, I think I'm part of the majority.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,479 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

nthclare wrote: »
    Give me a 50's looking gal any day, thick hair, dark waves and class over the modern generic hybrid's...

I'm growing mine out, I look around 17 again, that wavy thick 90's hairdo..
    My Gf love's it...

We are still talking about head hair, are we???

I'm sitting at home, living my life. I'm not waiting to die. However if my staying at home for a couple of months has the potential to save a few lives then I'll do it. I'm a human, I think I'm part of the majority.

Good for you. You should get a gold star and a medal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Dog groomers can open (with permission) in Phase 1.

Quick clip of hair, nails and a squish of the anal glands. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Good for you. You should get a gold star and a medal

For being a decent person?

Thats not hard for most people.

Obviously some need a large incentive to overcome their natural inclinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Because we have a dithering committee of civil servants making up the rules

Damn those public health medics with deep experience in managing previous pandemics at home and abroad. Can't we just listen to all the bar stool experts on boards and on Twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Watching the RTE 6pm news. Lots of coverage on the hairdressers opening up and hairdressers wanting to open sooner due to the stylists going on the black economy. Personally I think they should be allowed to open up from May 18th using social distancing. I know some people who are getting their hair done on the black economy already so it is happening.
    The two female presenters on the RTE News as well as Miriam, Claire Byrne etc certainly seem to either be excellent hairdressers themselves (which I doubt) or are using hairdressers already.
    What is the boardsies experience of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I would imagine RTE have their own makeup/hair people. I could do with a hair cut myself but I don't really care that much, it's not like we can go out any more.

Watching the RTE 6pm news. Lots of coverage on the hairdressers opening up and hairdressers wanting to open sooner due to the stylists going on the black economy. Personally I think they should be allowed to open up from May 18th using social distancing. I know some people who are getting their hair done on the black economy already so it is happening.
    The two female presenters on the RTE News as well as Miriam, Claire Byrne etc certainly seem to either be excellent hairdressers themselves (which I doubt) or are using hairdressers already.
    What is the boardsies experience of this?

RTE have always had a “let them eat cake” attitude to Irish society. I didn’t think they’d be any different during this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'm a 'lockdown skeptic' and have posted my reasons for thinking we should have begun to relax restrictions this week on the Restrictions thread. I'm a microbiologist and have years experience working with pathogens and a lot of involvement with Covid-19 control in a large, multi environment organisation. I feel that's important to note because hairdressers and similar would be one of the LAST places I'd consider reopening - prolonged close quarter contact? Very high risk, even if PPE is in use. Personally, I'm resigned to looking like Chewbacca soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

I'm a 'lockdown skeptic' and have posted my reasons for thinking we should have begun to relax restrictions this week on the Restrictions thread. I'm a microbiologist and have years experience working with pathogens and a lot of involvement with Covid-19 control in a large, multi environment organisation. I feel that's important to note because hairdressers and similar would be one of the LAST places I'd consider reopening - prolonged close quarter contact? Very high risk, even if PPE is in use. Personally, I'm resigned to looking like Chewbacca soon!

Covering the potholes on those zombies on our screens is deemed more important than distancing.

Tubridy sitting two meters away from guests but a pit team is required to do his hair nails and makeup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Well if you think this with your credentials then it certainly is a bit rich that the RTE staff are getting their hair done, while delivering the news to us that we should not. Bare faced cheek!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,479 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

shaved off all my hair this morning bald as a coot

contemplating shaving my pubes tomorrow - what'd you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I was due for a haircut 6 weeks ago but holding out so far, who's going to be looking at me?
    I spent 20 years giving myself a number 1 every few weeks but about 4 years ago I let it grow, liked the change and have been going to a barber every 4 to 5 weeks since. I pulled out my old head shaver last week, in another week or two I will be giving myself a number 1, there's no way I'd last till end of July or start of August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

I understand the hairdressers want their jobs and income back but am still shocked at the level of vanity.

I would prefer it my hair was dyed and cut but it is way down the right of priorities right now. Shave it or style it differently and it will be grand for a good while longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

fryup wrote: »

Do it for the crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

fryup wrote: »

Don't use a clippers on the base of your schlong or ballsack is what I think. Use a razor with a new blade and make sure you are sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RossOnBoard

I wonder could any hair cutting professionals help me out.

I just had my first haircut in a long time in a barbers in Castleknock. All started well, staff wearing masks, three customers also wearing masks with socially distanced empty chairs in between customers. Then a fourth customer sat down beside me (less than a metre) with no mask. I asked my barber shouldn't everyone be wearing a mask but I was told people don't have to until next week. This is a prepaid appointment-only place.

Is this correct in the Covid-19 era? Can you currently have customers sitting together in a row with no social distancing and no masks? I felt quite unsafe and uncomfortable in this barbers.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I think, til the latest update comes into play, customers don't have to wear a mask but are encouraged to. However, I think it reflects very poorly on the business that someone was brought within your distance against your will. I'd raise it with the management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I wonder could any hair cutting professionals help me out.

I just had my first haircut in a long time in a barbers in Castleknock. All started well, staff wearing masks, three customers also wearing masks with socially distanced empty chairs in between customers. Then a fourth customer sat down beside me (less than a metre) with no mask. I asked my barber shouldn't everyone be wearing a mask but I was told people don't have to until next week. This is a prepaid appointment-only place.

Is this correct in the Covid-19 era? Can you currently have customers sitting together in a row with no social distancing and no masks? I felt quite unsafe and uncomfortable in this barbers.

Thanks.

People have been getting haircuts throughout the lockdown without any masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,295 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sounds like a poorly run place. I'd have got up and left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

the corpo wrote: »
    I think, til the latest update comes into play, customers don't have to wear a mask but are encouraged to. However, I think it reflects very poorly on the business that someone was brought within your distance against your will. I'd raise it with the management.
    Latest update is very vague and incomplete. My barber has perspex screens between each chair. They all wore masks and said there was no point in customers doing so on account of the haircut.

Advertisement