Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your CoVid-19 test queries and observations - the Megathread

Options
  • 21-03-2020 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

I know there has been a lot of people tested but I'm hearing a lot about people waiting. E.g. People referred by their gp to get tested since last Monday and still no response from HSE.

It might be helpful to put what county you're in as this will probably be a factor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Unicorn55

Since Mon am 16/3/20
    Midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Since 18th , based in Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Since Monday morning 16/03. Waterford

A friend of mine in Galway is waiting since Weds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Waiting since Thursday. Told 4-5 days. Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

Since Monday, Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Partner’s been waiting since Wednesday 11am, Dublin south city. He was told he’d be contacted in 3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Does anybody have stats on how many tests are taking place each day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Brother waited 5 days,tested yesterday, 2/3 days to wait for results. Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Since the 18th Mallow. Do they text you or does the GP phone you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Brother waiting since Sunday.
    Midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

Healthcare worker waiting since Thursday, south east area

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭magic17

Tuesday, south

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mollycam

Since Wed morning 18/3 in Meath

michellie wrote: »
    Since Monday morning 16/03. Waterford

Just got the call for my test in an hour. Drive through place is just down the road from here

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deise18

michellie wrote:
    Just got the call for my test in an hour. Drive through place is just down the road from here

Hope it goes well

deise18 wrote: »
    Hope it goes well

Thanks, hope we're not waiting too long for the results. My 11 year old daughter is being tested too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

How long does a test take at a drive thru from the time you queue till you are finished? how many tests would a single PHN perform in a day at a drive thru?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

signostic wrote: »
    How long does a test take at a drive thru from the time you queue till you are finished? how many tests would a single PHN perform in a day at a drive thru?

Less than 10 minutes, i think they have them scheduled for every 10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭aquarius10

Since 8am Thursday morning - Co. Clare

• Advertisement

signostic wrote: »

I got texts for myself and my daughter the appointments were 4.15 and 4.30. We arrived at 4.10 and were gone by 4.22 it was very well set up. No queues where we were.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

People should really put up a quick synopsis of their symptoms, temperature, duration of fever, cough etc etc along with how long they are waiting, this may show a trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Symptoms on the 10th, referred on 16th and still waiting to hear from HSE in Dublin. Seen today that 10,000 people have been tested so far

Also out of interest why are people bothering to get tested? I don’t see the need uNless your high risk or working in essential services.

Otherwise you should behave like you have it, and treat any symptoms you have with antibiotics, steroids rest etc etc?

If you get the results back and it’s positive it shouldn’t change anything your doing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Also out of interest why are people bothering to get tested? I don’t see the need uNless your high risk or working in essential services.

Otherwise you should behave like you have it, and treat any symptoms you have with antibiotics, steroids rest etc etc?

If you get the results back and it’s positive it shouldn’t change anything your doing now.

Are you for real?

To protect the spread- if you have it you need to self isolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

Waiting since last Monday. Dublin area. Told by GP would be contacted in 48-72 hours but still no contact from the HSE.

Had sore throat then a cough and fever and chills. Mostly gone now although cough is coming and going :(

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Are you for real?

To protect the spread- if you have it you need to self isolate.

Are you not isolating already?

Because I want to know and so would others around me who are high risk.

michellie wrote: »
    Because I want to know and so would others around me who are high risk.

Are you sick?

• Advertisement

Are you sick?

Yes, since last Saturday

Advertisement