Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair and their cancellations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

Slightly off topic, but has anyones future bookings disappeared from their MyRyanair profile? I've about 12 future bookings and they aren't on the app or my profile on the laptop
    No all my future bookings are still there when I sign in.
    What happens come check in time is the question ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

spurious wrote: »
    Can someone be specific as to what the small print regarding potential Ryanair vouchers are?

I have used Ryanair gift vouchers before and they were a much less painful experience than the Aer Lingus offering. They operated more or less like credit. Would 'refund vouchers' not be the same?

Can you tell me how the voucher system works this is EasyJet but i reckon it be the same.
    I booked the flight for another person 80+ this person wanted to visit family here and wanted to travel to Airport with me which is an hour, i would drive them to where staying as nearly 200km from Airport.
    I was booked on the same flight and they used the opportunity to get the trip in the easiest way.

Do you know if the voucher is issued to the ticket holder or the name on the credit card who booked the ticket?
    It was me that booked the ticket.

I be happy to take the voucher if in my name and refund this person the money myself.

Many thanks...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do you know if the voucher is issued to the ticket holder or the name on the credit card who booked the ticket?
    It was me that booked the ticket.

I be happy to take the voucher if in my name and refund this person the money myself.

For Ryanair gift vouchers (and I don't know if these proposed refund vouchers are the same) they had to be used for flights in the name of the voucher holder, but after that, it was very much like a credit note. Any left over money from a voucher, could just keep being used until the balance was zero.

As I said, I don't know if there would be specific conditions imposed on 'refund' vouchers', but I would be quite happy with gift voucher style vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

danmci wrote: »
    Has anyone actually got a refund or heard of anyone who got one??

Waiting over 4 weeks now. Not responding to any emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Waiting over 4 weeks now. Not responding to any emails.

I am waiting a similar period and with 3 flights cancelled and have received 3 emails in relation to each flight, that’s a total of 9 emails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I am waiting a similar period and with 3 flights cancelled and have received 3 emails in relation to each flight, that’s a total of 9 emails.

Im waiting longer than you both :)
    Still waiting to hear from ANYONE AT ALL who actuallygot a refund from Ryanair onto their card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Im waiting longer than you both :)
    Still waiting to hear from ANYONE AT ALL who actuallygot a refund from Ryanair onto their card.

We’re all waiting from the same date at the end of March, when the lockdown started and air travel ceased in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I requested a refund on 20th March.

Today I have received a voucher that must be used by 17th April 2021.
    Over the past months the spread of the Covid-19 virus has caused many EU governments to impose flight and/or travel bans which grounded over 99% of Ryanair’s flights. We are doing everything we can to support our customers, our people and protect jobs. We are ready to return flying when Covid-19 is defeated, hopefully sooner rather than later.

We regret that these Government travel restrictions have forced the cancellation of your Ryanair flight(s) under booking reference:: (removed).

Please see below details of your travel voucher for (removed), the full value of your unused booking. This amount can be used for the purchase of Ryanair flights and other services at any time over the next 12 months. It is simple to use this voucher when making a booking on the Ryanair website or app.

(removed)

If you do not wish to accept this voucher option and wish to move your flight or request a refund, please click here to contact us. Please note that as our customer care agents are required to work from home to limit the spread of COVID-19 virus, payment security restrictions prevent us from processing refunds as quickly as we would like to.

We invite you to use your voucher to book your next trip and we look forward to seeing you again on a Ryanair flight in the near future. Passengers who made their bookings using travel agents, or on line travel agencies should contact these companies from where they purchased their tickets to find out more about their options.

The contact us link (https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/refund-voucher) no longer offers a link to a form for a cash refund; just a request to talk to the chatbot.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

Noxegon wrote: »
    I requested a refund on 20th March.

Today I have received a voucher that must be used by 17th April 2021.

The contact us link (https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/refund-voucher) no longer offers a link to a form for a cash refund; just a request to talk to the chatbot.

The request refund form is still available at:

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I got the above email this evening too and I just find it incredibly frustrating and arrogant. Whilst I understand there may be cashflow issues in the short term, I have already specifically requested a refund and they are just messing around. They make it impossible to actually opt back in for a refund by directing you to a chat-bot....it’s like going around in a circle and just serves to frustrate, which I assume is their plan.

They have already proven that they are morally deficient by charging people more to change their flights through the portal on their website, as opposed to just booking a fresh flight through the main website. It looks like they have taken it upon themselves to decide what the laws should be, as opposed to even entering discussions with consumer representative bodies and government to see if there may be any other solutions based on these exceptional circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Eu 261 says that the refund has to be made in 7 days.In the current circumstances,could you do a charge back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Noxegon

paddy19 wrote: »
    The request refund form is still available at:

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

Doesn't work any more (and did when I first applied...):

"Unfortunately we cannot process your application for one of the following reasons:
    The airline code selected does not match the airline of any of the flights for this booking."

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭polarbearhead

I’m after getting the vouchers and I requested a cash refund. What can we do now that there appears to be no link to apply for the cash refund again?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Shivvs

Guys any idea how far in advance Ryan Air advise of cancelation, myself and family have flights booked for the 9th of May and so far only got an email to say we can change the dates?

Judging by the sounds of this thread we’ve a long wait ahead to get a refund so would like to get the ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I’m after getting the vouchers and I requested a cash refund. What can we do now that there appears to be no link to apply for the cash refund again?

Arrogant is right. No link to a new refund. More a threat. Sure you can ASK for a refund but we will try everything to prevent you getting it. Hey look here is a CHATBOT. I'm assuming that bot is programmed to present even more hurdles and obstacles for anyone to try and get money back.

How can they on one hand say no refund until pandemic is over... but on the other hand start ticking down the days of a timed refund.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Can you do a credit card charge back on flights purchased in Dec 19 & Jan 20 for flights in June & September 2020 that may be cancelled considering the 6 & 9 months time between booking & travel if they are cancelled?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Can you do a credit card charge back on flights purchased in Dec 19 & Jan 20 for flights in June & September 2020 that may be cancelled considering the 6 & 9 months time between booking & travel if they are cancelled?
    Thanks

No, you only cancel after they were supposed to take off or after they were cancelled if you were not offered a refund as they could still happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Can I do a charge back on flights from out March 22 return March 27 that Ryan air cancelled please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Probably worded poorly, I meant if after Ryanair officially cancel, there is some 120 day rule I believe, not sure if this is from the time of booking or time of cancellation

Probably worded poorly, I meant if after Ryanair officially cancel, there is some 120 day rule I believe, not sure if this is from the time of booking or time of cancellation

Time of cancellation normally (you just have to prove you tried contacting the airline by say email as part of the chargeback application process). Timefrane should on on the form you'll find on your banks website (Google it).

• Advertisement

Valyawl wrote: »
    Can I do a charge back on flights from out March 22 return March 27 that Ryan air cancelled please?

If you've attempted to contact the airline (print an email).

Ryanair are accepting applications for cash refunds though (I know theres a backlog). Chargeback is normally when the merchant refuses to refund you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

airbusa320 wrote: »
    No all my future bookings are still there when I sign in.
    What happens come check in time is the question ?

****ed if i know, ive raised a complaint. ive deleted the app. signed it.out etc but still missing about 12 future flights

spurious wrote: »
    For Ryanair gift vouchers (and I don't know if these proposed refund vouchers are the same) they had to be used for flights in the name of the voucher holder,

Refund vouchers and gift vouchers are two totally different animals.

The gift voucher is nice flexible cuddeldy wee animal.
    (Not anything like as good as the most flexible of creatures, cash.)

You have 5 years to use it. You can change passenger names for free.
    This effectively means you can flog it. (At a discount obviously.)
    You get these rights from the folks in Leinster house.

The refund voucher is nasty little creature who wants to eat you lunch.

Remember cash is king and you are legally entitled to a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

paddy19 wrote: »
    Refund vouchers and gift vouchers are two totally different animals.

The gift voucher is nice flexible cuddeldy wee animal.
    (Not anything like as good as the most flexible of creatures, cash.)

You have 5 years to use it. You can change passenger names for free.
    This effectively means you can flog it. (At a discount obviously.)
    You get these rights from the folks in Leinster house.

The refund voucher is nasty little creature who wants to eat you lunch.

Remember cash is king and you are legally entitled to a refund.

I thought those ryanair gift vouchers were non transferable name wise and could only be used by the named person.

Got the email from Ryanair myself with a refund voucher, haven't decided what to do yet

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

I have a flight booked into Manchester on the 9th of May and back from Liverpool on the 11th of May. When I check my bookings on the Ryanair website, no bookings are showing, however, when I check them on the app it shows the bookings but when I click on them it shows the 'Oops, error! Sorry, we are unable to retrieve the booking'.

I haven't yet received a cancellation email and when I tested if the refund for cancelled flights would work, it states the flights aren't yet cancelled.

I cannot get through to a customer care rep after waiting about half an hour. Anyone have a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If you've attempted to contact the airline (print an email).

Ryanair are accepting applications for cash refunds though (I know theres a backlog). Chargeback is normally when the merchant refuses to refund you.
    I'd say their latest responses (replying after several weeks to people who had requested a refund and giving them a voucher) could justify a chargeback though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Absolute fcuking nightmare to deal with they always were but are really showing themselves up for what they are,i had 4 flights booked, first one was cancelled, received an email for a refund saying 5 days processing time and 7 days to be refunded, completed the form immediately.

The remaining 3 flights were cancelled a few days later as the covid-19 situation worsened, received emails about being refunded this time saying something like 20 days processing time and 7 days refund, completed the forms.

A month later ive received fcuk all back, been onto the chat several times, like a broken record saying the same thing about backlogs, the only way to chat with a representative is on the chat bot say "chat with a human please"

Received an email yesterday evening offering me a voucher for the most expensive flight out of the 4 i had booked, i went back on the chat and tore into them, absolute nightmare to deal with, a company making billions every year ,but when it comes to actually refunding customers they'll do their level best to fob you off with vouchers, some of us just want the money back in my case around €350 so hardly peanuts.

Anything else i can do here im wondering?

I thought those ryanair gift vouchers were non transferable name wise and could only be used by the named person.

Got the email from Ryanair myself with a refund voucher, haven't decided what to do yet

Here is what I think, but I'm sure the lawyers could think differently.

Gift vouchers bought with hard cash or effectively sold instead of a cash refund have to be in compliance with Consumer Protection (Gift Vouchers) Act 2019. 5 years expiration and name changes without a fee etc.

Vouchers offered by the airline before a flight is cancelled probably don't have to comply. They are a change in the contract you already have with the airline. They can have whatever conditions the airline fancies like 1 year and no name changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Update for what it's worth:

Ryanair - waiting on refunds for 3 separate flights still, getting close to the 28 days for those cancelled ones. Future bookings showing in the app.

KLM, I kindly got an email today saying that my voucher is on the way, but they Can't give refunds. It also said it would exclude the booking fee. I feel a charge back coming on.

TAP - I got one voucher for one passenger, but not the other!!

Aer Lingus - due a refund from them, nothing whatsoever.

All in all a over €500 sitting out there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Going down the road of chargeback now but one question.
    My Wife booked the fights so her name is the customer name with Ryanair but on my credit card, anyone ever have this situation?

Advertisement