Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair and their cancellations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Ah go on with yeh Shagger, they're a necessary evil when other airlines don't fit the bill.

So let me know of these helpful threads you mention but you haven't provided any useful links in your post.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭paddy19

joeysoap wrote: »
    I got case not initiated back. Not surprised as i omitted as booking number :o but in my defense I was interrupted twice. Do I just fill it in again this time giving all the details or wait. The case is shaded grey, so I can’t add details. Thanks.:o

Never came across that problem.
    Bit of a pain but just re-input, maybe.

Alternatively email sccadmin@courts.ie.
    Never had to use it so no idea how lively they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

when i got my email it gave me the option of a refund which i signed up for, are some people not getting that option hence why they are taking a voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    when i got my email it gave me the option of a refund which i signed up for, are some people not getting that option hence why they are taking a voucher?

Option for a refund is there for all, but its the time that it is taking to process that people have the issue with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Beersmith

iebamm2580 wrote: »

It is a follow on email a month later that is only offering the voucher that people are talking about, despite filling out the refund email previously you are talking of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

This is what i got a day after applying for my refund, am i to expect another email just offering voucher?

Dear Customer,

I refer to your recent request for a refund on your booking confirmation .

Due to the high volume of flight cancellations due to COVID 19, we are experiencing an unprecedented high volume of requests. We are currently working through the backlog and ask that you please bear with us.

Please do not resubmit your request.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Yours sincerely,
    Ryanair Customer Services

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Yes! Not one single person has received a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Cant wait for the announcement about Ryanair buying some struggling airline.
    I know where the money for that will have come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I waited til I got the email that my flight was cancelled, applied for the refund and got it a week later. Was a few weeks ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Kewreeuss wrote: »
    I waited til I got the email that my flight was cancelled, applied for the refund and got it a week later. Was a few weeks ago though.

Got the actual money onto your card?
    What date was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Cant wait for the announcement about Ryanair buying some struggling airline.
    I know where the money for that will have come from.

With the price of oil, at a very low price. He’ll be buying forward like crazy on the Fuel market. Courtesy of the free finance from the Bank of Screwed Over Ryanair Customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Got the actual money onto your card?
    What date was that?

I got a cash refund to my card at end of March, for 2 flights, but still awaiting 5 more refunds - but happy to accept vouchers, which I have done for 3 so far. Also still waiting on Wizz and Easyjet refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I got a cash refund to my card at end of March, for 2 flights, but still awaiting 5 more refunds - but happy to accept vouchers, which I have done for 3 so far. Also still waiting on Wizz and Easyjet refunds.

You must be a county councillor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

I'm awaiting refunds from Aer Lingus and Ryanair. Both trying yet again to palm off vouchers on me just today despite having applied for refunds. I'm finding Ryanair's chatbot isn't particularly chatty and not letting me near a human.

We should be yanking both M O'L and Willie Walsh in to Swords Garda Station and going through their personal mails while making sure there is a queue of journalists/photographers waiting outside when they are released without charge while a file is sent to the DPP. Both companies are liquid enough for me not to worry about their continued existence.

Ryanair are waiting to drive others out of the market. Customers have a finite travelling budget. If Ryanair don't give the fares back then Customers won't be booking with other carriers leading to more carriers go out of business, more excess pilots depressing industry wages, fewer airline customers for airports so they can drive a harder bargain with airports, baggage handlers, etc...
    Airbus and Boeing are seeing their waiting lists melt away too.
    The second half of the year will be interesting.

edit: after an hour got past the chatbot and through to real support staff and it looks like I'm getting a refund but it wont be paid soon despite reminding them of their obligations under EU261.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭IQO

Wondering what happens if the corona situation drags on into 2021.. and the 365 days the voucher is valid have passed. Even if the virus goes away it's uncertain how future travel will look like, see the "travel after corona" thread in the covid-19 forum.

Ryanair may be betting on people forgetting the vouchers or not using them in the end - even though certain flights would start up again I can see people would be sceptical booking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

I got the same email earlier, applied for a refund over a week ago and just today got an email saying I've been given a voucher instead. Got a link saying if I want a cash voucher instead (which I already specified I did) I need to contact support.

Same story a few weeks ago for flights I booked with Vueling and I suspect there's slim chance of Vueling serving DUB again in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I got the same email earlier, applied for a refund over a week ago and just today got an email saying I've been given a voucher instead. Got a link saying if I want a cash voucher instead (which I already specified I did) I need to contact support.

Same story a few weeks ago for flights I booked with Vueling and I suspect there's slim chance of Vueling serving DUB again in the short term.

They part of IAG so you should be OK.
    I did not know they flew Dub...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

How do you think would MOL react if Boeing told him they were giving him vouchers instead of a refund when he cancels some of the Max orders...?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fotish

Love it when people say they hate flying Ryanair but they still book with them.

Check out the dozens of threads on how to get a refund.
    You actually know someone that likes flying with Ryanair ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

They part of IAG so you should be OK.
    I did not know they flew Dub...

For some reason I wasn't aware Vueling were part of IAG, thought Level were their only low cost arm. They served BCN (where I should be this coming week :() daily from DUB

Still a voucher is little use to me if they drop the route and similarly my FR voucher is no use given the current mess. I'd be delighted to rebook in future but nobody has a clue what the aviation landscape will look like in a years time so accepting a voucher is a total shot in the dark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If they just offered the same vouchers Aer Lingus are offering 90% of people would be happy. But no, MOL has to go and be a c*nt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

How do you think would MOL react if Boeing told him they were giving him vouchers instead of a refund when he cancels some of the Max orders...?

haha

heres a voucher for some planes. you have 12 months. dont like it...talk to the bot. Also yes its ok if your family members want to use it to buy some planes.

k hun

x

Boeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

For some reason I wasn't aware Vueling were part of IAG, thought Level were their only low cost arm. They served BCN (where I should be this coming week :() daily from DUB

Still a voucher is little use to me if they drop the route and similarly my FR voucher is no use given the current mess. I'd be delighted to rebook in future but nobody has a clue what the aviation landscape will look like in a years time so accepting a voucher is a total shot in the dark

I think you be ok as IAG will likely transfer you to Aer Lingus if this route dies which is possible as less trafic for certainly this year. FR be back to a kindof normal in a Month of so.
    I was just looking at flights prices for next year which have come on line in recent days, i compared to flights i had booked for this year that are cancelled. The price for next year today is approx double, when they came up two days ago they were listed same as last year, that's in two days.
    Personally i think the planes be reasonably safe as be very controlled and i expect masks will be the norm for awhile, the hotels and bars where we do not know who was sleeping in the bed the night before be a bigger problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭john boye

Father in law applied for the refund a few weeks ago but got the "take a voucher" mail today. Does he have to apply for the refund again or should he just sit tight? He says there's no obvious way to apply again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Print the refund email, & the voucher offer email. Walk into your bank, and request a chargeback form, return with the copy of the emails and the bank will refund it to your card in 7-14 days. Problem solved

john boye wrote: »
    Father in law applied for the refund a few weeks ago but got the "take a voucher" mail today. Does he have to apply for the refund again or should he just sit tight? He says there's no obvious way to apply again.
    The refund page knows the refund request was already submitted and won't let you submit it again.
    Go to chatbot and say you want to talk to a real person or service agent and wait until they eventually get around to you. It could be an hour or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Jimmyvic,
    I applied for the money back on 10 March, for flight 20th March.
    Checked a week later and my CC was credited.
    I,ve just Now checked the date it went back on the card on my statement and it says 11th!!
    Maybe there was no backlog at the time.

I’ve also applied for the voucher from Aerlingus on 10th April. I guess it will arrive eventually.
    How does it arrive though, in the post, on my email?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Fattes wrote: »
    Print the refund email, & the voucher offer email. Walk into your bank, and request a chargeback form, return with the copy of the emails and the bank will refund it to your card in 7-14 days. Problem solved

is there a way too do this with paypal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

dashoonage wrote: »
    is there a way too do this with paypal ?

You can open a dispute but they'll just send you back to Ryanair. Fought with them for weeks, no budging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭paddy19

Fattes wrote: »

Not with AIB you won't.
    They have issued a blanket ban on all Covid and hotel chargeback applications.

Advertisement