Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Everyday Racism"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Isnt that just the dumbest idea to come out of identity politics, it is all about trying to force power by redefining our language, white people are some of the most diverse in the world and even using the term white people is a huge misdemeanor as they are not a monolith.

The new idea is that racism is power and white people have power so racism is whiteness. In a case where Indian Americans have been racist in the US these PC types say that the Indian is expressing whiteness. The will caveat by saying they dont mean skin colour and, they mean a power dynamic, but how is the common man to understand this absurdly convoluted distinction. The ordinary person is just going to going to read it as an attack on white people. The only solution is to stop talkin about skin colour but that can also get you trouble too.

I have professional colleagues here in Europe attacked and insulated online for having Zoom conferences without delated different skin colours. 20 delegates and all in Europe where is continent that is 98% fair skinned and we have to have skin colour quotas, **** that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Going by certain peoples logic that black people cant be racist towards white people means that irish people cant be racist either as we never colonized or oppressed people throughout history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

https://twitter.com/EbunJoseph1/status/1266658892366393345

am i reading that right that shes saying she got 5/10 in some project and is saying its because shes black?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    am i reading that right that shes saying she got 5/10 in some project and is saying its because shes black?

I read it as the university doesn't value diversity & equal opportunities because they gave a black person a 5/10 for knowledge of diversity.

Along other threads I have come to the conclusion I am racist.b I didn't know but apparently I am. Unless I agree that whites have a better quality of life than "inferior" races, that makes me a racist

• Advertisement

the 100 white journalists thing got me. As if a persons race determines their outlook, and professional behavior. I often wonder how the people who make these statements, don't see the inherent racism in their own comments?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

She isn't the type to hold a grudge either.
    (Ribenagate)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

The only rational response she deserves is "**** off". Let her and anybody else who isn't happy here or in any other White majority Country pack their bags and leave. They need us more than we need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

We will turn Ireland into Africa, I thought they wanted to get away from Africa?

Screen-Shot-2020-05-31-at-15-53-49.png

We're in for the shock of our lives..how grateful these people are

Screen-Shot-2020-05-31-at-15-57-39.png

• Advertisement

We could barely hold on to 'our' country...I guess its theirs now then.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-31-at-15-58-26.png

We will turn Ireland into Africa, I thought they wanted to get away from Africa?

Screen-Shot-2020-05-31-at-15-53-49.png

Shows you how smart these people are. Want to turn our Countries into the ones they just fled.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Siobhan82

Any discussion over group identities are wrong by definition as they are artificial constructs and sadly people fall into the trap of adopting group identities in a name of group identity.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Shows you how smart these people are. Want to turn our Countries into the ones they just fled.

No. It just shows how those on twitter are, and how a part of a minority behave.

I know a variety of people in Ireland who originated from Africa, who love the culture here, and are appreciative for the reception given to them by Irish people. they have no interest in making Ireland the same as their home countries.

It is simply a very vocal minority who are talking badly about Ireland, or claim that there is widespread racism going on. Let's not blow this out of proportion.

Siobhan82 wrote: »
    Any discussion over group identities are wrong by definition as they are artificial constructs and sadly people fall into the trap of adopting group identities in a name of group identity.

Group identities are not artificial constructs, that's entirely the problem. Group identities are very real. Which is why Multiculturalism does not work.

Try telling African Americans today that their group identity is an artificial construct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

"Those on Twitter".

Twitter gave every d*ckhead in the world a voice, and we're worse off because of it.
    No matter what happens you'll find people on Twitter giving out and being d*ckheads. Better to ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

We could barely hold on to 'our' country...I guess its theirs now then.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-31-at-15-58-26.png

This is the kind of sh*te I'm talking about and there are plenty of other examples like it. They have no education on Irish history showing a complete lack of respect or decorum for THEIR own country, which they so boldly state is theirs. They are simply tic. Whats being thought ii our schools?? Or did the state fail to provide adequate support for those who were lacking?

This is the kind of sh*te I'm talking about and there are plenty of other examples like it. They have no education on Irish history showing a complete lack of respect or decorum for THEIR own country, which they so boldly state is theirs. They are simply tic. Whats being thought ii our schools?? Or did the state fail to provide adequate support for those who were lacking?

And the do gooders have the nerve to wonder why racial tensions are rising across Western Europe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

We're in for the shock of our lives..how grateful these people are

Screen-Shot-2020-05-31-at-15-57-39.png

Pure and utter racism is what that is. Terrible.

Who and how can anyone defend that or think it is acceptable in any country.

statesaver wrote: »
    Pure and utter racism is what that is. Terrible.

Who and how can anyone defend that or think it is acceptable in any country.

I'm sure the bleeding hearts brigade will celebrate it somehow.

• Advertisement

I'm sure the bleeding hearts brigade will celebrate it somehow.

Brian? will be around soon to put it in prospective for us. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,299 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

A black guy in Salthill recorded a video when the Gardai were arresting one of the little scrotes for being involved in the fight there yesterday claiming it was like the cops in America using excessive force.

I pity the Guards these days having to put up with gobsh1tes with smartphones as they try to do their job.

A black guy in Salthill recorded a video when the Gardai were arresting one of the little scrotes for being involved in the fight there yesterday claiming it was like the cops in America using excessive force.

I pity the Guards these days having to put up with gobsh1tes with smartphones as they try to do their job.

Little scumbag trying to his 15 minutes of fame and try start some crap like what's going on in the US. We already have BLM and Antifa here so I wouldn't put it past them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Did it work? I thought we'd be more sensible then that.

2u2me wrote: »
    Did it work? I thought we'd be more sensible then that.

They continued on and arrested the guy but it wasn't easy with a crowd surrounding them and this sh1thead with his phone out harassing them.

African accent as well so he wasn't even born here.

What kind of accent had he ? Never heard one like his and i'm from Galway. Wasn't mid Atlantic that kids are speaking nowadays

statesaver wrote: »
    What kind of accent had he ? Never heard one like his and i'm from Galway. Wasn't mid Atlantic that kids are speaking nowadays

The guy should be ashamed of himself.

It's not going to make the guards job any easier if this is the shape of things to come when they try to arrest someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

The weirdest thing about all of this is that we've voluntarily done it ourselves.

We're an Island in North West Europe, far away from Africa and its issues. Not even involved in them as a country in the past.

And yet we've brought all these people here, given them homes, welfare and for what? To have them hate us, tell us that Ireland is going to become Africa in 20 years, to travel up and down the DART line to rampage a small town on the weekend?

What do we gain from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

What do we gain from this?
    Cultural diversity.

Up to, arguably, the 90s we had a mono-culture. A society ran by old white men, for the benefit of themselves and who they favoured. Comely maidens dancing at the crossroads and priests sodomising kids behind the protection of that society.

It’s not a binary thing. Society is what we make of it. But I know I’m far more comfortable with where we are and where we’re going, than where we’ve come from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Cultural diversity.

Up to, arguably, the 90s we had a mono-culture. A society ran by old white men, for the benefit of themselves and who they favoured. Comely maidens dancing at the crossroads and priests sodomising kids behind the protection of that society.

It’s not a binary thing. Society is what we make of it. But I know I’m far more comfortable with where we are and where we’re going, than where we’ve come from.
    How is it a benefit for me that the country is becoming more and more full of people who dislike me because I am a 'white man' ? Sounds terrible to me, in all honesty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement