Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Runaways wrote: »
    Does anyone know if our parties have a designated survivor set up?

Like a chain of succession if Leo and Simon get sick with the virus and die, and so on and so forth?

YEs they have a long long list of back up

At the bottom, after Twink is Mary Lou

• Registered Users Posts: 67,598 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You know majority doesn't mean all?

So what was the OP's problem then? If there was extra capacity?

Why would a politician be 'mouthing off' to call for that extra capacity to be used.

:) You can't have it everyway here Harvey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    YEs they have a long long list of back up

At the bottom, after Twink is Mary Lou

I’d love either tbh but let’s leave twink alone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What’s the word the bots use?

Triggered?

Previously you have accused me of being a bot and used the ‘evidence’ of me asking questions as proof I was. You never answer anything. When it is shown that you are posting misinformation you never answer. You spout bot bot bot constantly. Strange that you registered a month ago and majority of your posts are fake news supporting SF or when called out call everyone a Bot.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

joeguevara wrote: »
    Previously you have accused me of being a bot and used the ‘evidence’ of me asking questions as proof I was. You never answer anything. When it is shown that you are posting misinformation you never answer. You spout bot bot bot constantly. Strange that you registered a month ago and majority of your posts are fake news supporting SF or when called out call everyone a Bot.

Lads I've wasted most of the morning taking the piss out of these SF clowns, where can I claim my payment from Fine Gael? Can someone link me? Or is it a top secret project on the darknet maybe?

• Advertisement

That old chestnut- imagine her in power if she really thinks we can just raid the pot .

Why characterise it as 'raiding' it?

All we need to do to release that money is drop our objection as a state to taking it.

Then it is legal to take it.

Whether it is wise or not, is a different discussion.

And how much of it would go to us in a finish is also a different debate.

But stop suggesting that anyone is suggesting illegality...it, again, does you argument no favours.

Ballso wrote: »
    Lads I've wasted most of the morning taking the piss out of these SF clowns, where can I claim my payment from Fine Gael? Can someone link me? Or is it a top secret project on the darknet maybe?

You were wasting your time after this. I think you might owe FG a few quid!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ireland-s-pharma-industry-gears-up-to-make-key-ingredient-for-covid-19-testing-1.4218334

Thanks for sorting that out Francie, where would we be without you

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

They really are on the ball. Louise only asked them to step up the plate yesterday. I'm impressed...are you?

Thanks for sorting that out Francie, where would we be without you

I have to admit...I thought the 'testing denials' debacle and climbdown were as good as it got with FGers/Greens embarassing themselves on here.
    The egg on face and the desperation to rescue something from the pharma stuff is a sight to behold though.

• Advertisement

aido79 wrote: »
    They really are on the ball. Louise only asked them to step up the plate yesterday. I'm impressed...are you?

Truly incredible performance from SF here. Only 12 hours after Francie picked up some soundbite from rte news and he and his comrades have forced the evil elites in big pharma to change tack

They'll have housing and health sorted in an afternoon as soon as they get in, joy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

They’re lying about the numbers? Surely not

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1245067303626199046?s=21

I have to admit...I thought the 'testing denials' debacle and climbdown were as good as it got with FGers/Greens embarassing themselves on here.
    The egg on face and the desperation to rescue something from the pharma stuff is a sight to behold though.

Francie, nothing that is happening has anything to do with you. Problems are being identified and resolved as they arise. This is an unprecedented situation, there is no manual.

Your input is irrelevant. When the next problem comes to the fore, your ranting and raving about it until somebody else resolves it will still be utterly irrelevant.

Francie, nothing that is happening has anything to do with you. Problems are being identified and resolved as they arise. This is an unprecedented situation, there is no manual.

Your input is irrelevant. When the next problem comes to the fore, your ranting and raving about it until somebody else resolves it will still be utterly irrelevant.

As I said, the:
    desperation to rescue something
    is funny in the extreme.

Like the hula bulo and outrage about the temerity to mention 'issues' with testing. Hilarious to see the indignation now that another of the FG/green alliance arguments has been shown to be based on a hill of beans.

What is your point on this. Instead of simply quoting, critically analyse it. On Sunday they were doing 5000 tests. On Wednesday/Thursday they are doing 1500 because of lack of tests. That’s not lying about numbers. Stop spreading fake news.

Now if you had said it’s a disgrace that we are running out of tests I would agree with you. But don’t lie.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Francie, nothing that is happening has anything to do with Sinn Fein. Problems are being identified and resolved as they arise. This is an unprecedented situation, there is no manual.

Sinn Fein's input is irrelevant. When the next problem comes to the fore, their ranting and raving about it until somebody else resolves it will still be utterly irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Why characterise it as 'raiding' it?

All we need to do to release that money is drop our objection as a state to taking it.

Claptrap or ignorance or both

If the Irish government did that,it would be into another escrow for years whilst other government treasuries principally the U.S sued to recover 99.9% of it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Here's another intellectual giant taking time out of his busy day at the top of his industry to grace us with his expertise. What your speciality caller? Reagent production? Antibody analytics? Medical device manufacturing?

is yours talking rubbish? - as thats all your post is. God but you're so funny and smart and hilarious etc etc etc. i am actually busy today working. sorry I cant post all day like yourself

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Claptrap or ignorance or both

If the Irish government did that,it would be into another escrow for years whilst other government treasuries principally the U.S sued to recover 99.9% of it

Link to that?

Or are we international law experts today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Link to that?

Calls to mind all those millions in fines per day by the EU for not having water charges. FG daydreams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Read very carefully what was written.....it is more than possible to have the "capacity" to do something but not operate at that capacity - for example, Lansdowne Road has capacity of 55,000 or thereabouts - if only 10,000 attend a match and the FAI say "only 10,000 attended the match" - then they are not lying - simply relaying facts.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

maccored wrote: »
    is yours talking rubbish? - as thats all your post is. God but you're so funny and smart and hilarious etc etc etc. i am actually busy today working. sorry I cant post all day like yourself
    Still waiting on you to tell us what facts where a joke ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Link to that?

My other half is actually and I'm a trained Economist (though I sometimes wonder if the profession I stumbled into after that is in direct contradiction:D)

There are plenty of articles on the apple money and who is claiming it
    The Irish government know they'd get less of it than they do currently if the EU commission won its case which is why they're joining apple fighting it
    Apple of course can keep 97% plus if they win
    None if they lose
    The 2nd reason of course why the Irish government are fighting it,is they want to keep and attract 1000s of jobs associated with the practice
    Sinn Fein dont care about that aspect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Read very carefully what was written.....it is more than possible to have the "capacity" to do something but not operate at that capacity - for example, Lansdowne Road has capacity of 55,000 or thereabouts - if only 10,000 attend a match and the FAI say "only 10,000 attended the match" - then they are not lying - simply relaying facts.....

Your assumption makes it actually worse. You're saying that in a world wide pandemic, a health service has the capacity to operate at full steam but knowingly decides to cut back to one third of same.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    My other half is actually and I'm a trained Economist (though I sometimes wonder if the profession I stumbled into after that is in direct contradiction:D)

There are plenty of articles on the apple money and who is claiming it
    The Irish government know they'd get less of it than they do currently if the EU commission won its case which is why they're joining apple fighting it
    Apple of course can keep 97% plus if they win
    None if they lose
    The 2nd reason of course why the Irish government are fighting it,is they want to keep and attract 1000s of jobs associated with the practice
    Sinn Fein dont care about that aspect

So if there are 'plenty of articles' could you post one that says this will happen if we withdraw our case?

Link to that?

Escrow means we are unable to touch it - it's not in any account the country has access to or control over.

The money was converted into European bonds, which are being managed by a number of firms under the supervision of an escrow agent, and ultimately under the direction of the Court.

That's how escrow works - however, SF no doubt will have you believe it's in a post office or credit union account somewhere as if it was your Communion money.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Escrow means we are unable to touch it - it's not in any account the country has access to or control over.

The money was converted into European bonds, which are being managed by a number of firms under the supervision of an escrow agent, and ultimately under the direction of the Court.

That's how escrow works - however, SF no doubt will have you believe it's in a post office or credit union account somewhere as if it was your Communion money.:rolleyes:
    sf think it's in the Northern Bank

So if there are 'plenty of articles' could you post one that says this will happen if we withdraw our case?

Here is one from the BBC https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37299430

It says On top of that, the commission said, Ireland's tax take could be reduced if the US forces Apple to pay more back to the parent company.
    This leaves Ireland at the centre of an uncertain tax situation on both sides of the Atlantic.

Unable to be touched as long as there is an 'appeal' in progress. The money releases once appeals are dropped.

• Advertisement

sf think it's in the Northern Bank

No, I think they just think you can treat it as if was held by Northern Bank :D

Anyway, looks like there's only two Northern Banks of it held in cash (€53m), the rest is mostly in European Fixed Interest Securities.

Might be interesting if we followed the dopey SF approach and somehow managed to get bonds released to our custody - would they be honoured? Especially as not all the money is potentially ours - something SF seem also to forget.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement