Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for options if sales collapse due to Coronavirus.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭scwazrh

See: Government supports for COVID-19 impacted businesses

Some of these are new, announced earlier today.

Thanks for that , I have read through it before.Apart from the contact number for support center I’m not sure what is new on it though.
    Basically all they seem to be offering is loans at no better than normal interest rates provided you meet their lending criteria.
    It is wrong that the government can put you in a position where you cannot trade and will have to close your business through no fault of your own .

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

scwazrh wrote: »
    Thanks for that , I have read through it before.Apart from the contact number for support center I’m not sure what is new on it though.
    Basically all they seem to be offering is loans at no better than normal interest rates provided you meet their lending criteria.
    It is wrong that the government can put you in a position where you cannot trade and will have to close your business through no fault of your own .

Good point - not sure there's any answer to that, at least not for now. By far the most useful thing is the Wage Subsidy scheme.

I hadn't read the detail; it seems the bulk of the anouncement today was to increase the amounts provided rather than anything radically new.

COVID-19: Minister Humphreys announces major expansion of business supports for SMEs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I know that part of the Refund scheme deal is that you cannot amend your return once submitted to Revenue. What are the implications if for whatever reason you have to amend after submission

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mogilvie

jos28 wrote: »
    I know that part of the Refund scheme deal is that you cannot amend your return once submitted to Revenue. What are the implications if for whatever reason you have to amend after submission
    All Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme submissions should be posted with a J9 PRSI class. Revenue use the J9 class to identify where a subsidy has been claimed and paid to an employee. They then process a refund of €410 per prsi week plus any tax refunds arising and pay the employer the money in 2-3 days.
    Because the refund process is so fast, and because the system is still being implemented, the likely outcome is that multiple refunds will be triggered, and that you'll have difficulty reconciling what you owe back to Revenue.The reconciliation process is still being figured out. As of this week your ROS Online Statement of Account is being updated to show your refunds, and the View Payroll screens will show which employee subsidies and been paid out or denied.

Mark Ogilvie
    Parolla

Advertisement