Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-XIX Part VI - 90 cases ROI (1 death) 29 in NI (as of 13 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Bob24 wrote: »
    What worries me deeply is the Common Travel Area and and lack of border with NI.

Does anyone know if the Common Travel Area have on its terms the possibility of being suspended ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Quest are doing the testing in the US according to the press conference.

I think this is the same company that were involved in the cervical check scandal i.e Quest Diagnostics.

there wasn't so much an issue with the tests, rather the frequency of checkups on this side

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

The_Brood wrote: »
    In Dublin at least everyone is extremely careful and staying away from each other.

Everyone?

Are you sure?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

his hairdressing team did "a great job... tremendous".....they were sweating for a while there when it was lifting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone know who we contact if not registered with a GP?

I have upper respiratory tract infection history and have experienced all the symptoms outlined today. In addition I have been told my work office was shut down today due to someone being in contact with a confirmed case. I have been working from a secondary office for last two weeks as closer to home, only issue could be IT staff that go across both buildings. I also traveled through Pakistan, Dubai, Qatar and Istanbul in last few weeks.
    You can phone local/nearest A&E as well. Check the symptoms on this page first.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus.html

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

I have upper respiratory tract infection history and have experienced all the symptoms outlined today. In addition I have been told my work office was shut down today due to someone being in contact with a confirmed case. I have been working from a secondary office for last two weeks as closer to home, only issue could be IT staff that go across both buildings. I also traveled through Pakistan, Dubai, Qatar and Istanbul in last few weeks.

If you can't get a GP to take you on the HSE will allocate you a GP as far as I know. But you would have to have been refused as far as I know (double check this). Not sure about the current climate Im sure there will be exceptions in light of the current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Maybe try this? I don't know how good it is, but better than no Doc.

https://videodoc.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

If we move to lockdown etc who advises the government on the right protocalls?

Can't think of an office in government that deals with emergencies like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I heard that there are more cases to be announced in Ireland.
    Seeeeen it on Facebook.
    Clayton hotel.

I saw a spider baby on facebook too. The body of a spider but the mind of a baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭cozar

Does he use tremendous in every sentence?😒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Covid XX awaits but who's playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

HSE Helpline is 1850 24 1850

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/3/outofhours/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

fritzelly wrote: »
    Christ almighty - they are accelerating faster than Italy are they not?

Yep and a lot of cases and hundreds of new cases and 22 deaths in Madrid alone just today.

They are in the same crisis as Italy now. Arguably worse given the population densities!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Blueshoe wrote: »

it happened again??? poor old lady

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If we're quick we'll break Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not really, the feckers will be back for more tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

niallo27 wrote: »
    What's the dodgy stain on the head rest.
    fake tan

• Registered Users Posts: 39,608 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

She has an easter egg and 5 liters of oil in her trolley.

Can we stop with the anyone that looks old is a helpless simpleton, BS.

I was in a supermarket recently and there was a fair few of the blue rinse brigade panic shopping themselves better than anyone in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Sober Crappy Chemis

it happened again??? poor old lady
    Is she still there?
    ****kin hell she would want to hurry up. Before the dose gets her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I thought wearing masks was useless unless diagnosed with it.
    Partially true from what I've read on it C. Plus there's an awful lot of contradictory statements from different official sources. Masks no good etc, yet what are medical staff wearing to protect themselves, and rightfully. It depends on the mask too. Basic surgical mask not much protection, PP3 particle fliter half face masks will filter out the virus and reduce the risks significantly. If you were to go full nuts and were a full hazmat suit and respirator and followed the proper protocols the chances of catching the virus would be damned near zero. Now nobody would be suggesting going that nuts, we're not backwoods yanks with AK47's but if everyone wore masks like in Taiwan etc rates would drop. Well they did.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

you wouldn't know what they'd find...

I bet they would never find his IQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

I know it's just a photo and is therefore maybe missing context but that photo makes me so sad and angry. I'm not generally that emotional but for some reason that has me near tears. Maybe because the woman reminds me of my late grandmother.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Tootsie_1 wrote: »
    If you can't get a GP to take you on the HSE will allocate you a GP as far as I know. But you would have to have been refused as far as I know (double check this). Not sure about the current climate Im sure there will be exceptions in light of the current situation.

HSE only caters for medical card patients. If you cannot get a Doc to take you on their list as a Med Card holder, HSE will assign one.

Those who are private have little recourse really. Dreadful state of affairs if you are new to a community and the GP lists are closed and you are paying yourself.

If anyone knows anything different, I'd be delighted to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

otnomart wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Common Travel Area have on its terms the possibility of being suspended ?

I don't know but I tend to think given the circumstances no-one will care about the rules. EU rules on free movement have already been throw to the bin by a few countries.

But beyond the rules, I don't even know if we have the capability of efficiently preventing people from entering from NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I’m sure this has been said but I’ve been away from this thread on purpose all day,
    My jaysus the stats from Italy and Spain are horrendous.
    I’m hoping this won’t happen as bad here but I think it might be inevitable.
    Stay strong everyone and help each other out where possible while observing appropriate limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Tootsie_1

How far behind Italy and Spain are we ? I hope we don't get the where they are now it's just awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

fritzelly wrote: »
    If we're quick we'll break Boards

What happens if posts hit 10'000 does the sever explode?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

she must have a fair stockpile herself

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Boggles wrote: »
    She has an easter egg and 5 liters of oil in her trolley.

Can we stop with the anyone that looks old is a helpless simpleton, BS.

I was in a supermarket recently and there was a fair few of the blue rinse brigade panic shopping themselves better than anyone in there.

It's more so to tell the parasites emptying the shelves to pull easy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement