Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Unless you're walking the streets licking strangers if say you'll be grand.

You saying that's not allowed now? What has the world come to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Haven't been paying attention but can I drive through Northern Ireland from Donegal to Louth, or should I go the long way round?

There's no problem taking the direct route through the north.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,835 ✭✭✭✭muffler

muffler wrote: »
    Possibly good news for people like me who have got the first dose of AZ - there's a chance that we might get the second dose 8 weeks later instead of waiting 12 weeks.
    Confirmed yesterday.

Subject to the vaccine supply being available I should get the second dose of AZ in about 3 weeks time. Im sure there's more than me on here who have got their first dose of AZ so this is good news :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

That’s me fully vaccinated now. I had a bit of a dead arm yesterday but it’s gone now. No other effects. I got Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SMcDDB

That’s me fully vaccinated now. I had a bit of a dead arm yesterday but it’s gone now. No other effects. I got Pfizer.

Did you get a phone call or tex if you don’t mind me asking? I am coming up to 28days and expecting a call for tomorrow for a moderna 2nd shot at lyit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

SMcDDB wrote: »
    Did you get a phone call or tex if you don’t mind me asking? I am coming up to 28days and expecting a call for tomorrow for a moderna 2nd shot at lyit

Can run a few days late, mine was 33days

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SMcDDB

Can run a few days late, mine was 33days

Thanks yeah I was thinking that

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

SMcDDB wrote: »

No I was offered it by my own GP and went though them. I wasn’t in the system where you have to register at all.

I fell into group 7 twice so that’s why i was offered it. My sister who is bigger than me rang the surgery as well after I told her about the high bmi thing and she got hers the same day as I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Donegal has a 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 people of 181.5

https://www.donegallive.ie/news/coronavirus/639464/donegal-s-covid-19-infection-rate-still-second-highest-in-the-country.html

The national incidence rate is 121.9. Limerick has the highest rate in the country at 411

Got my first shot appointment anyway.
    Have to laugh at the way it says "Be on time but not more than 5 minutes before"
    Good luck giving a Donegal person a 5 minute window. :)

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Got my first shot appointment anyway.
    Have to laugh at the way it says "Be on time but not more than 5 minutes before"
    Good luck giving a Donegal person a 5 minute window. :)

I just got my appointment for my 2nd Moderna dose on Monday. 1st vaccination was fine - a bit feverish that evening and the next day. No temperature, or aches and pains, apart from slight tenderness at the vaccination site. I was well pleased, tbh.

Two more weeks until I'm considered fully vaccinated - and something approaching normal life again! I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Moragle

Been vaccinated since February as a healthcare worker and felt so lonely with no body to play with. Delighted to see you getting jabbed

Just to be clear, we can lick strangers when we get vaccinated? Or do they have to be vaccinated as well?

Or do they have to be vaccinated as well?
    Just well oiled :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Just to be clear, we can lick strangers when we get vaccinated? Or do they have to be vaccinated as well?

Only the Nordies. They have a nice salt & vinegar vibe going.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Credit where it's due, OH got vaccinated in Letterkenny this week.

From arriving to leaving, including 15min wait time, was less than 25min.

Chatting to a pharmacist yesterday, they reckon they will be administering jabs in 3 weeks or so. Have to book as normal through HSE portal.

Wonder if you had to go to the main centre for 1st jab, will you be able to get your 2nd at a local chemist?

Read on facebook a pharmacy will be vaccinating with J&J from next week. Offering to anyone 50+ who hasn't been vaccinated. And seems can get added to a waiting list through them

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Moragle

Some pharmacies have Johnson and Johnson for over 50s next week, some will have Pfizer from end of month. You book with the pharmacy, not through the portal

Bonners pharmacy in Ballybofey are advertising the vaccines. I havent got the details though

Then I would assume if you got your 1st jab in the MVC you'll have to get your 2nd one there too.

Chemists will only be for 'fresh' cases.

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    Bonners pharmacy in Ballybofey are advertising the vaccines. I havent got the details though

Double checked and the info I saw was for Bonners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Bonners facebook post about booking vaccines.

Carndonagh chemist starting the J&J jabs for >50yr olds on 14th June.

First shot received. Good setup. In and out in about 25 minutes, including the longest 15 minute wait after.

Second Moderna shot done and dusted.

In and out in about 30 minutes total. No reaction, apart from being really tired. So, happy days! 13 days to full vaccination status.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Got 1st Moderna last Saturday, no issue cept couldnt sleep on the jab site it was so sore for 2 days. Grand now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭babybuilder

NIMAN wrote: »
    Carndonagh chemist starting the J&J jabs for >50yr olds on 14th June.

Got the j&j vaccine two weeks ago. Does anyone know how effective it is against the Delta variant? Can't find any literature on this.

Got the j&j vaccine two weeks ago. Does anyone know how effective it is against the Delta variant? Can't find any literature on this.

https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/article/feature/everything-you-need-to-know-about-covid-19-vaccines#h-adenoviral-vector-vaccines

Delta (B.1.617.2, first detected in India): No evidence yet.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, if I were you.
    As far as I can tell, J&J is similar to the Astrazeneca vaccine, so, results are also likely to be similar - though, I should add, I'm not a medical professional.

Information on Moderna vaccine is harder to find than pfizer vaccine, as well, though, again, they're similar, since they're both MRNA vaccines.

Testing seems to be done first on the two more common vaccines, ie. Astrazeneca and Pfizer. Probably because it's easier to find samples among the most commonly used vaccines.

I'm sure more information will turn up, in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Fantastic.

Surge testing is to be rolled out in the Omagh after a number of probable cases of the Delta variant were identified.

• Advertisement

It would be fairly safe to assume that if it's in Omagh then it's in Donegal also.

Advertisement