Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

muffler wrote: »
    How far apart are the doses supposed to be?

28days

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Got first Moderna jab 4 weeks ago but got no word on second dose

Same here. They wrote "28 days" on the bit where it has date for second appointment and said I'd get a phone call (I got a call for the first dose)

kathleen37 wrote: »
    Same here. They wrote "28 days" on the bit where it has date for second appointment and said I'd get a phone call (I got a call for the first dose)

Same here, was expecting a text the last few days but nothing yet,

I'm going to phone the HSE Live number listed here tomorrow.

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/get-the-vaccine/getting-your-vaccine/

I have a family member that was missed after they registered for their first dose so mistakes can happen.

Actually, I've just phoned them - they are open 7 days a week.

phone HSELive.

Open: 8am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday.

LoCall: 1850 24 1850

Phone: 01 240 8787

They had no record of my second appointment so have passed details to the appointment team so they can sort one out for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Got appointment for J&J on Tuesday. Any info on how effective it is against the infamous Indian variant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,837 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Any info on how effective it is against the infamous Indian variant?
    Some details in the Irish Times today.

Edit: Pretty much the same details in the Irish Examiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Anyone 50+ get a vaccine appointment yet in Letterkenny area? Registered nearly 3 weeks ago now, still haven't heard anything from them.

redt0m wrote: »
    Anyone 50+ get a vaccine appointment yet in Letterkenny area? Registered nearly 3 weeks ago now, still haven't heard anything from them.
    Got my first dose there about a month ago. After registering I got an appointment about 10 days later. I think they are doing the under 50's now so you should call their help line number.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i wonder what the numbers are like now regionally- with no updates because of the hack, nationally they seem stable so what are they like now or is North east donegal still a zombie apocalypse zone (in my head :) )

i wonder what the numbers are like now regionally- with no updates because of the hack, nationally they seem stable so what are they like now or is North east donegal still a zombie apocalypse zone (in my head :) )
    Im wondering about this myself. I was keeping a list of the daily numbers but obviously that has stopped.

Strange thing is the daily list of new confirmed cases nationally is published but there is no mention of the number of deaths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

The papers have mentioned Limerick as a hot spot over this past week and no mention of Donegal. Things must have calmed.

I'm going to phone the HSE Live number listed here tomorrow.

https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/get-the-vaccine/getting-your-vaccine/

I have a family member that was missed after they registered for their first dose so mistakes can happen.

Actually, I've just phoned them - they are open 7 days a week.

phone HSELive.

Open: 8am to 8pm, Monday to Sunday.

LoCall: 1850 24 1850

Phone: 01 240 8787

They had no record of my second appointment so have passed details to the appointment team so they can sort one out for me....

Phoned on Monday, sorted this weekend

Phoned on Monday, sorted this weekend

Me too. Got mine Friday.

Me too. Got mine Friday.

Unbelievably tired the next day, fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Got my second dose on Thursday no side effects whatsoever Physer

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭JoannieG

I got my second dose of Pfizer last Wednesday. Apart from some tenderness at the injection site, I had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Got the one shot " Better Value beats them all" Janssen vaccine last Friday in LYIT. Would have preferred the mRNA vaccine but beggars can't be choosers. Felt very tired Saturday and Sunday and didn't sleep well those nights. Otherwise fine.

Well done everybody. Great to know the vaccines are going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Portal opening for 40-44 from Wednesday so can register then.
    I assume they're mainly on the 50s now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

I know someone just turned 50 who got injected at the weekend so I’d say they will be moving onto the 40s this week.

Remember that registration is still open for everyone 45-70 so if you haven’t got around to it yet you aren’t locked out once it opens up to the younger folk.

• Advertisement

from todays nphet briefing
    Highest case rates in Donegal, Limerick, Offaly and Dublin

The counties with the highest incidence rate of Covid-19 are Limerick (376 cases per 100,000 people over the last 14 days), followed by Donegal (201), Offaly (172) and Dublin (155).

That national 14-day incidence rate stands at 122 cases per 100,000 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Altnagelvin Hospital in Derry has no CV19 patients at present.

from todays nphet briefing
    Highest case rates in Donegal, Limerick, Offaly and Dublin

The counties with the highest incidence rate of Covid-19 are Limerick (376 cases per 100,000 people over the last 14 days), followed by Donegal (201), Offaly (172) and Dublin (155).

That national 14-day incidence rate stands at 122 cases per 100,000 people
    The last day we had daily figures available for the county was May 13 when our 14-day incidence rate per 100,000 population was 248.8. Compared to today's figure of 201 things appear to be improving here but not as good as other counties though.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Looks like vaccinations are ramping up nicely, a friend, 48, registered yesterday and got a call 2 hours later to come down for the Moderna vaccine.

Possibly good news for people like me who have got the first dose of AZ - there's a chance that we might get the second dose 8 weeks later instead of waiting 12 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Haven't been paying attention but can I drive through Northern Ireland from Donegal to Louth, or should I go the long way round?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Haven't been paying attention but can I drive through Northern Ireland from Donegal to Louth, or should I go the long way round?

You mean will you be stopped?

No, I drive to Derry daily and there haven't been check points for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

DrPhilG wrote: »
    You mean will you be stopped?

No, I drive to Derry daily and there haven't been check points for months.
    Do you know if there might be any issue in the North itself?

Edit: Or what the actual regulations are?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Do you know if there might be any issue in the North itself?

Edit: Or what the actual regulations are?

Not sure to be honest. I come and go daily for work, do my shopping there, go out for dinner when I can, went to the cinema last week.

Unless you're walking the streets licking strangers if say you'll be grand.

• Advertisement

there was a checkpoint on sunday morning (not sure which road they were coming across from ) but they were just waving people through.

Advertisement