Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Kildare has a higher incidence rate that Donegal now. Will they be put under the microscope now? Doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Kildare has a higher incidence rate that Donegal now. Will they be put under the microscope now? Doubt it.

Have they consistently ranked number one or is it just a few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Have they consistently ranked number one or is it just a few days?

They've had a long term problem as well. Last August, Localised lockdown measures were announced for Counties Kildare, Laois and Offaly on August 7th. Laois and Offaly emerged from lockdown on August 21st but strict restrictions remained in place in Kildare for another week and a half.

Since the start of the pandemic roughly 1 in 16 people in Donegal have tested positive and 1 in 18 in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

It's meat factories and large buildings site consistently being the cause of the above numbers in Kildare so they'll definitely brush it under the carpet because all necessary measures are in place and strictly adhered to in those environments of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

When did they put all the signs up?
    There's no hope of getting lost on your way to the vaccination centre in Letterkenny now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Feets

It's meat factories and large buildings site consistently being the cause of the above numbers in Kildare so they'll definitely brush it under the carpet because all necessary measures are in place and strictly adhered to in those environments of course.

Do we believe this is still the case? If not, why not call them out on our social media if we know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Queued up down and round the carpark yesterday afternoon, I guess it was a school test. I would expect a jump in numbers soon.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Queued up down and round the carpark yesterday afternoon, I guess it was a school test. I would expect a jump in numbers soon.

It's the second test for the school year out in West Donegal, all kids are tested twice

• Registered Users Posts: 45,836 ✭✭✭✭muffler

So my wife got her 2nd vaccine today in the local surgery. The GP told her that they hoped to vaccinate about 550 people today and for a local GP practice thats a lot. Long may it continue. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,107 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

muffler wrote: »
    So my wife got her 2nd vaccine today in the local surgery. The GP told her that they hoped to vaccinate about 550 people today and for a local GP practice thats a lot. Long may it continue. :)

Hopefully she's grand later and tomorrow.

I was very fatigued for couple of days after my 2nd jab, and a handful of work colleagues also didn't feel great after theirs. Couple described it as like being hungover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

I`m getting my second AZ jab a week Saturday which is about ten weeks since first.You can either get the vaccine via the NHS here in the UK or via your doctor.I opted for the doctor as the NHS vaccination facilities were quite far away.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Hopefully she's grand later and tomorrow.

I was very fatigued for couple of days after my 2nd jab, and a handful of work colleagues also didn't feel great after theirs. Couple described it as like being hungover.
    Thanks.

I've heard a few stories alright about people having a few issues with the second dose and in fact the GP advised her of this also but its about 6 hours since she got it and so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I had no bother at all after my second Pfizer, a few colleagues were sick as dogs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

getting Janssen this afternoon

You cant post on Boards for 2 weeks after getting it :pac:

muffler wrote: »
    You cant post on Boards for 2 weeks after getting it :pac:

that would probably do me some good :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭JoannieG

Where are you getting it? My sister in Letterkenny is hoping she'll get that one, but she's only 50 and the Letterkenny centre seems to be moving much more slowly than the rest of the country.

JoannieG wrote: »
    Where are you getting it? My sister in Letterkenny is hoping she'll get that one, but she's only 50 and the Letterkenny centre seems to be moving much more slowly than the rest of the country.
    letterkenny

most of the people there today seemed to be getting Janssen.

a work colleague got his appointment for tommorrow and got the same. my partner just got her appointment for sunday and its Janssen.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Got a call this afternoon to get down to the LYIT. Got the Janssen :cool:

Got the call because I'm registered but didn't have an appointment yet (so that it doesn't create vacant slots in the next few days). I believe they were calling people around 50 in the Letterkenny area. Probably called around 10 people to get down there as soon as.

Would suggest keeping your phone handy and answer any calls from unknown numbers just in case...

I believe they had a mixture of vaccines today.

• Advertisement

I don't want to be too personal but are they getting anywhere near the 50 year olds in Letterkenny yet?

JoannieG wrote: »
    I don't want to be too personal but are they getting anywhere near the 50 year olds in Letterkenny yet?
    the three people I know were 55,54,53 so I guess so (unfortunately I'm the oldest:( )

Thanks, ednwireland! At this rate my sister might get hers next week. :) I'm getting my second Pfizer shot on Wednesday! Hurrah!

She just got the Janssen! Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Getting my second shot of pfyser on thursday not looking forward to it I dont know why as i had no problem with the first

• Registered Users Posts: 33,107 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

lulu1 wrote: »
    Getting my second shot of pfyser on thursday not looking forward to it I dont know why as i had no problem with the first

You'll be grand.
    There are more reports of the 2nd Pfizer jab bringing symptoms, and me and a few friends had some after the 2nd.

But nothing too bad, and you'll not be yourself for 2 days at most. And remember majority are still not getting any symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

NIMAN wrote: »
    You'll be grand.
    There are more reports of the 2nd Pfizer jab bringing symptoms, and me and a few friends had some after the 2nd.

But nothing too bad, and you'll not be yourself for 2 days at most. And remember majority are still not getting any symptoms.

Hope i'm in the majority but as long as it passes in a day or 2 i'll survive

Got first Moderna jab 4 weeks ago but got no word on second dose

lulu1 wrote: »
    You should be fine. My wife got her second dose on Thursday last and apart from feeling a little tired later that night she has been fine since.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pointywalnut

I am in the same boat

• Advertisement

How far apart are the doses supposed to be?

Advertisement