Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    According to cheapestoil every oil supplier in wexford is the same price?

They nearly always are, it's not the site.

One changes price and they all match within a day or two, never the cheapest across the country either.

During the big drops last year Wexford never hit the lows many other counties saw, all it would have taken was one supplier to undercut but as a previous poster has said they operate a nice little cartel and they all held the line and kept their nice margins at the expense of consumers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭joeysoap

wassie wrote: »
    https://www.moneyguideireland.com/carbon-tax-how-much-will-it-cost-you.html

Pro-rata for 1000L will cost an additional ~€18.89

Might be cheaper to fill in June or July? Flying could take off again ( :)) so anybody’s guess. €20 in tax might be the least of our worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

joeysoap wrote: »
    Might be cheaper to fill in June or July? Flying could take off again ( :)) so anybody’s guess. €20 in tax might be the least of our worries.

all the fracking companies in the US are starting up again and you will find the Saudis and Russians will start producing more and prices may fall back.

Currently prices are at near 6 year highs, so hopefully there will be some softening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Darc19 wrote: »
    all the fracking companies in the US are starting up again and you will find the Saudis and Russians will start producing more and prices may fall back.

Currently prices are at near 6 year highs, so hopefully there will be some softening

Sill have 2300 l of the 3000 l I bought for 1100 euro or so last May. At least 2 more winters before I need to buy oil !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

TimHorton wrote: »
    Sill have 2300 l of the 3000 l I bought for 1100 euro or so last May. At least 2 more winters before I need to buy oil !

I'd get a preservation additive just to be on the safe side as diesel can get "old" and cause issues
    https://rotechshop.ie/product/premium-heating-oil-additive/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Slightly off topic, can anyone recommend a good fuel guage for my oil tank.. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Anyone know any Top oil promo codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lemon Davis lll

€25 off 1000ltrs with Campus Oil for orders now til the weekend

I just needed 500ltrs & code below brought it to €318

Use code BF25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Anyone know any Top oil promo codes?

Anyone have any Topoil code?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

€25 off 1000ltrs with Campus Oil for orders now til the weekend

I just needed 500ltrs & code below brought it to €318

Use code BF25

And if you check cheapestoil it’s €320 and if you go direct to their website and enter the code it’s €317.50, based on 500lts. Hmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

vicwatson wrote: »
    And if you check cheapestoil it’s €320 and if you go direct to their website and enter the code it’s €317.50, based on 500lts. Hmm

Will it drop again in May once the carbon tax is added. Summer is here then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭mikeecho

tech wrote: »

Carbon tax was already added. It's the solid fuel that will be getting the extra carbon tax on may 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Orebro

mikeecho wrote: »
    Carbon tax was already added. It's the solid fuel that will be getting the extra carbon tax on may 1st

I believe home heating oil is a solid fuel for tax purposes?

https://m.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/latest-news/consumers-warned-to-stock-up-on-heating-fuels-ahead-of-carbon-tax-rise-40307953.html

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

keano25 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, can anyone recommend a good fuel guage for my oil tank.. thanks

I use the Apollo Ultrasonic oil level gauge and it works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

tech wrote: »

doubtful. Oil price seems to be higher this week and a big return to air travel and motoring will see fuel demand increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    I use the Apollo Ultrasonic oil level gauge and it works well.

I second that, mine works perfectly since I put a new battery in the transmitter, it was very unreliable before that. When I'm servicing the burner I take out the transmitter and give it a wipe with some kitchen roll as that white stuff builds up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭wassie

Fair to say one of the few positives from the pandemic, oil prices, is over.

Lowest prices have been steadily rising over the summer back to being just short of the €700/1000L mark at the start of 2020 as we head into the cooler months.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,428 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Also Carbon Tax will be increased again in Budget 2022. It is currently €33.50 a tonne and could increase to around €41 a tonne. That would mean will mean about a 2.5 cent increase in the cost of a litre of diesel and 2 cents on a litre of petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Where is the best place for home heating now? Do any NI suppliers deliver down south (e.g. down to Meath area)? Everywhere in Ireland seems to be €380 for 500l/€710 for 1000l, except up the North, were it is about €550 for 1000l.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Sure its obviously that price because of the different tax rates so they cant deliver south at that price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Wanna bet?

Got 800 litres last Friday for €470

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

• Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You really dont expect me to answer that?

Im in Donegal and very close to the NI border so its not hard to get someone deliver from there to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

time for a spin up north with a trailer and oil tank!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,234 ✭✭✭joeysoap

time to rename this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Oil has gone mad this week. 15% jump.

Looked on Monday it was 380 for 500l.

Looked today it was 425.and in hours corrib went to 430

Got it at 423 as I know the local crowd are all gone home for the night and will put it up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Its 300 euros for same in NI.

123 euros more down here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭wassie

Top Oil in Galway today quoting online €607.54 for 750L = 81c/L.

As always - ring your local supplier to see if they can better or at least price match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Trouble is in kerry that they are all the same.

Went up 5e for 500 l overnight last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

ill try and stick it out withiut the heating on for most of this month if I can .

Will be in our new house by next winter with air to water and I can’t wait not to be thinking about oil prices

Advertisement