Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

He has a point. It gets a wee bit boring having to read your constant bragging about your 3000L of oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,300 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Nobody else cares about your fued folks.

----------------------------------------------------

Now, any bargains?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Seriously? Many on here are struggling to heat their homes and that's the best you can manage. Give it a rest.

Woah. Never, ever mock the quality or volume of a fellow's fuel supply! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TimHorton

My point is if you listen to Darc19 you won't go wrong, I took a punt and it worked out, I have taken many other punts that did not work out !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Ah, let's keep it lighthearted. It is nice to call the top / bottom of a market. Rarely happens, but gives you a good feeling. I moved my pension funds out of the higher risk prisma 5 funds early last week into boring prisma 2 & 3 bonds and low yield stocks - I might be gloating that I'm better than fund pros soon as it seems it was the high point. (I shall not mention what I did in 2008 though :( )

For those in Gas, natural gas prices have dropped 25%+ from peak and is back at August prices. Gas however is a longer lead time due to forward contracts and this will feed into the next round of announcements by electricity and gas suppliers as price reduction announcements - probably January

This will see a drop in inflation and mean less likelihood of ECB interest rate rises - so mortgage holders also gain from energy prices

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Is it likely that electricity providers would wait until March to announce reductions? Coupled with 30 days notice the winter could be well passed before a reduction begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Fuel prices have dropped sharply in the past week, not reflected in too many filling stations though, Top service station on the City Link Road are charging 149.9/159.9 per liter for d

iesel and petrol today, 10-11c/l, thats 40c a gallon cheaper than say Applegreen in Togher right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Petrol and diesel unchanged all week in Tuam

it shot up though when crude oil went up of course

They must have been unlucky to buy it at the increased prices then as well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Lee garage model farm road. 148 diesal

158 petrol

Pierce Kavanagh's in Urlingford probably cheaper again although I can't confirm this, they usually are...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Maxol Clarecastle trying to get the last few quid out of their extortionate prices.

175.5 p/l for Unleaded. No wonder they’re so opposed to a competitor opening near.

There have been many studies including independent studies and prices go up and down within the same timeframe.

However, the human mind will notice what affects them negatively a lot more than things that affect them positively.

Oil and fuel prices are the most transparent consumer products you will find as you can look at the raw material costs in real time.

I challenge anyone to correlate oil price increases and decreases v forecourt prices and show any major difference in timelines.

Remember, a fuel retailer will make a bigger profit on a cup of coffee than €50 of fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭RINO87

Happened to be passing this evening - Diesel1.50. Few miles up the road in Rathdowney it was 1.64!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,443 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Winter here, ie real cold weather is always late January or February.

Even in very cold winters, Dec and Jan can be ok.

Can't see prices dropping here till they know for certain the chance of a freeze is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭RINO87

.....aaaannnnnd back up goes crude oil price!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Diesel still hasn't dropped even a cent in Tuam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

• Advertisement

No post. I hate this new site.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Topoil went down another €10 today. Now €790 for 1,00 litres in Carlow and surrounding areas. Texoil now €780.

Both were €820 this day last week.

Anyone got a code for topoil. Tried all the old ones like autumn21 winte 22 etc, but no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Discount10 gives 10 euro off if that’s any help, valid until the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Cheers, brings it down to same as Texoil, although I usually get it off Topoil and occasionally Texoil

Will hold off till Friday, see if it goes down a tad more before ordering

If you can show me a deviation of more than 3 days between the average price rises time frame and price drop timeframes in correlation to the international oil prices and exchange rates, I will pay for a fill of oil for you.

Btw, an independent and extensive survey by ccpc couldn't do it, so I doubt you can.

Remember all pricing history is online for you to use. Nothing is hidden.

Btw, if you are looking to get oil, get it next week as with oil prices rising again, the reduction will be short lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭wassie

They often publish codes on their facebook page - none there atm.

Perhaps but perception is also important. prices appear (at least on paper) to drop slowly and rise faster.

Updated 4 minutes ago

€410 (500)

82 cpl *

€760 (1000)

76 cpl *

Definitely up again

It's actually the human mind. We notice things that affect us negatively in a more pronounced way than things that affect us positively.

Also the small increase this week makes sense as oil prices had dropped to $80 for a few days from 18th Nov, then suddenly jumped to $84/$85 on 23rd and stayed at that level until the 29th when it dropped to $76 and then dropped further to $70/$71 on 2nd/3rd dec.

So assuming the usual 2 week time lag, I'm still standing by my Dec 14th prediction for a decent (possibly short lived) drop to the low €700 range for 1000 litres and possibly under €700 in some places

Here's the chart https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BZ=F? - click "1m" above the chart to see the last 30 days price action

Post edited by Darc19 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Checked my invoice from October. 1000L was 810. It's now 778 .

Diesel and petrol haven't dropped though.

Advertisement