Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil big drop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Missed out on the big drop last year by a few days and missed again this week.
    Got 500L for 288

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Thread needs a rename no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Missed out on the big drop last year by a few days and missed again this week. Got 500L for 288

Where & who was the supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Gooser14

joeysoap wrote:
    Ordered 1000 yesterday. Docket says 927 filled tank €500 even. 978 was €425 in November. Same supplier

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Gooser14 wrote: »

North kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Gooser14 wrote: »

Louth (local independent) there are cheaper around

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tmh106

Anyone know if Top Oil have any promo codes at present?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

tmh106 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Top Oil have any promo codes at present?

discount10 gives €10 off. For me anyway there is cheaper on cheapestoil.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tmh106

Promo code Green15 give €15 off 500 liters with Top Oil, good until 19th March.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭hopskipandjump

EASTER20 gives €20 off 500 litres until 5th April. 500 litres coming in at €350 in my area, applying promocode brings it down to €330 but when I phoned the depot to enquire about price, I was quoted €315. It pays to give a quick call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Anyone from Galway West getting any better than 0.60c/lit for 750litres(€452)

Edit: 750litres €440 Top oil Galway 0.58c/lit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Anyone from Galway West getting any better than 0.60c/lit for 750litres(€452)

Edit: 750litres €440 Top oil Galway 0.58c/lit

top oil code Easter20 for €20 off

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

silver2020 wrote: »
    top oil code Easter20 for €20 off

It's €452 for 750lit with Easter20 online
    €440 for 750lit ringing them.

Done the ringing around all the usual suspects in Galway, Top cheapest by 6c per litre compared to anyone else. Don't need oil, but thought I'd top up before the carbon tax increase in 4weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Markets:

Oil Falls With Focus on OPEC+ Meeting After Suez Blockage Ends
    By Andres Guerra Luz and Alex Longley
    28 March 2021, 23:58 GMT+1 Updated on 29 March 2021, 15:04 GMT+1

OPEC+ ministers to meet April 1 to set supply policy for May
    Suez Canal navigation to resume after Ever Given was freed

Full story via Bloomberg.com

Source:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-28/oil-opens-week-with-drop-toward-60-in-run-up-to-opec-meeting?srnd=premium-europe

Hopefully, the end of the Suez Canal blockage after 6 days will slow down the rise in the price of commodities like Oil etc;

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Markets:

Oil Falls With Focus on OPEC+ Meeting After Suez Blockage Ends
    By Andres Guerra Luz and Alex Longley
    28 March 2021, 23:58 GMT+1 Updated on 29 March 2021, 15:04 GMT+1

OPEC+ ministers to meet April 1 to set supply policy for May
    Suez Canal navigation to resume after Ever Given was freed

Full story via Bloomberg.com

Source:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-28/oil-opens-week-with-drop-toward-60-in-run-up-to-opec-meeting?srnd=premium-europe

Hopefully, the end of the Suez Canal blockage after 6 days will slow down the rise in the price of commodities like Oil etc;
    oil fell about 50c and then rose.

Always read past the headlines.

Oil has been fairly steady for the past couple of weeks averaging $65 for brent crude. Down from the average $70 from the previous 2 weeks, but a near 3% drop in the value of the US dollar has meant the real change is very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭cathy427

EASTER20 gives €20 off 500 litres until 5th April. 500 litres coming in at €350 in my area, applying promocode brings it down to €330 but when I phoned the depot to enquire about price, I was quoted €315. It pays to give a quick call.

Thanks for that - was about to order at the €330, saw your post and gave them a ring and got it at the €315 (had checked and all the others were hovering around the €330 mark for 500 litres)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

FYI, carbon tax increases deferred from last October's budget get applied from 1st May.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭wassie

The downward trend on prices since the middle of last month continues with another fall in the last few days. Just picked up 1000L @ €590 in Galway which will see me across to the other side of summer.

If theres been one positive out of the pandemic its been a great 12 months for oil heating costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

bazz26 wrote: »
    FYI, carbon tax increases deferred from last October's budget get applied from 1st May.

How much will that add to say 1000 litres of heating oil?

https://www.moneyguideireland.com/carbon-tax-how-much-will-it-cost-you.html
    The increase to €33.50 per tonne will result in the following approximate price increases in May 2021

€0.75 extra on the cost of a 40kg bag of coal;
    €0.18 cents extra on a bale of peat briquettes;
    €16 extra on the average annual gas bill
    €17 extra on 900 litres of heating oil

Pro-rata for 1000L will cost an additional ~€18.89

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

wassie wrote: »
    The downward trend on prices since the middle of last month continues with another fall in the last few days. Just picked up 1000L @ €590 in Galway which will see me across to the other side of summer.

If theres been one positive out of the pandemic its been a great 12 months for oil heating costs.

Don't mind asking but which company gave you that price here in Gaillimh. Just rang around a few and they're all quoting around the €615/€620 mark.
    Thanks.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Don't mind asking but which company gave you that price here in Gaillimh. Just rang around a few and they're all quoting around the €615/€620 mark.
    Thanks.

Check www.cheapestoil.ie and it will give you the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Darc19 wrote: »

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

According to cheapestoil every oil supplier in wexford is the same price?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭CoBo55

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

No surprise there in cartel central.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

Have a look properly, some prices are 3 weeks old. Anything over a week old is unreliable.

Prices on the site are entered by the companies. They'll look at what their competitors are charging and try and match.

Seems five suppliers from Wexford are listed - I'm sure there are many more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Have a look properly, some prices are 3 weeks old. Anything over a week old is unreliable.

Prices on the site are entered by the companies. They'll look at what their competitors are charging and try and match.

So a pointless site then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I've never gotten a cheaper price by ringing any of the companies listed on the site here in cartel central, in fact some tried charging me more:pac:
    I just hung up and picked another cartel member..

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Thanks.

As Darc19 posted, MorOil at €589.86 / 1000L was quoting the lowest on the website.

Did the ring around and normally I would get at least one better price, however, no one would beat that price last week but 3 would match.

• Advertisement

wassie wrote: »

and a sustained jump back to $67 last week will see a double whammy of carbon tax and oil price increase feed in together about 1st May. It will add about €50-€60 on current prices for 1,000 litres

Advertisement