Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Pandemic Information- Local and Worldwide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,479 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

kerryjack wrote: »
    Mehal Martin looks like he has aged about 10 years since taking over, shocking the way they haven't prepared for this second wave that was inevitable to arrive, no plan what's so ever, shocking.

The failure of contract tracking is just deplorable.
    They were so late looking for staff and it seems didn’t hire enough either.

Considering all the people that volunteered their services this is completely unacceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »

Considering all the people that volunteered their services this is completely unacceptable

There are so many cases though, it would be near impossible to do it properly at the moment even with the right amount of staff. Crazy cases in Meath and cavan atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

whelan2 wrote: »
    There are so many cases though, it would be near impossible to do it properly at the moment even with the right amount of staff. Crazy cases in Meath and cavan atm

This was all predictable. If they are maxing out at capacity they have to ask themselves should a different method of monitoring be used and keep some resources aside for healthcare workers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

whelan2 wrote:
    No golf allowed in level 5.
    Only senior intercounty GAA remains playing, all underage games postponed.

If I rang the golf course and asked if I could use it for a good gallop, do you reckon it would go down well? :pac:

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    If I rang the golf course and asked if I could use it for a good gallop, do you reckon it would go down well? :pac:

I wonder will the golf clubs have to refund the membership fees as 2020 was a write off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Tileman

I wonder will the golf clubs have to refund the membership fees as 2020 was a write off ?

Most couldn’t afford to. Don’t agree with banning the golf. Easy to keep socially distance. A chance for older people to meet up have. A game and a chat. What else are they going to do in the next 6 weeks in this farm weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Got the all clear folks:) - though not such good news for one of our work team as his wife and mother has tested positive and both are not in good shape:(

I'll go against the current, look at the previous Govt, put out a worldwide call that Ireland needed help. Something like 73,000 people returned home. SFA of them got any work !

Our politicians are as bad as each other.

Cavan is a mess.
    Running through whole families.

I posted weeks ago, people weeent giving a ****. No mask wearing, no social distancing, mad drinking celebrating after football.

• Advertisement

Cavan is a mess.
    Running through whole families.

I posted weeks ago, people weeent giving a ****. No mask wearing, no social distancing, mad drinking celebrating after football.

How are the schools coping?

How are the schools coping?

Local schools here are great. Occasional kid out but nothing much at all. Closer to cavan town I think there’s a bit more but it definitely seems less than there is in the general community. And I’ve not heard of one case that was a school transmission, not one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Lifted this from another thread but its appropriate here:

The vast, vast majority of people are acting perfectly responsible in their daily lives. The virus isn't spreading because a statistically negligible number of people won a ****ing county final, it is spreading because it is a highly contagious virus in a modern society. We would be better served recognizing that fact instead of looking for scapegoats.

Most people are doing their best. The rest are being human.

The virus is basically everywhere despite any and all restrictions. There is no need to blame your neighbours.

The government on the other hand, spending the summer spoofing about ministers for agriculture and driving licences instead of building ICU capacity, have been asleep at the wheel since the start.

7 months in and still no plan whatsoever for beyond the next 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Local schools here are great. Occasional kid out but nothing much at all. Closer to cavan town I think there’s a bit more but it definitely seems less than there is in the general community. And I’ve not heard of one case that was a school transmission, not one.

In secondary schools you won't hear of one anyways. They're basically not testing anymore. A close contact has been redefined to be someone you've been within 1m with for at least 15 minutes while not wearing masks. So realistically the only setting this can happen in is the school canteen while eating.

In the primary setting they're testing slightly more at times and not much more other times. Very hit and miss and no clear procedure.

Good contact tracing for the community as a whole and clear concise procedures for testing in school settings should have been the minimum goal for the second wave.

About a month in and all is up in a hape.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It's highly contagious, which means the more interactions we have the more spread, it's simple maths.
    Classic case was Arizona in the US, some restrictions brought in, cases fell to one third in 3 weeks.

Level 2/3 was enough restriction to limit the spread so that you didn't have an increase. Problem, not everyone bought in. Result some peoples livelyhoods put at risk.

Water John wrote: »
    It's highly contagious, which means the more interactions we have the more spread, it's simple maths.
    Classic case was Arizona in the US, some restrictions brought in, cases fell to one third in 3 weeks.

Level 2/3 was enough restriction to limit the spread so that you didn't have an increase. Problem, not everyone bought in. Result some peoples livelyhoods put at risk.

Its failure to plan by senior civil servants that has put hundreds of thousands of livelihoods at risk, not your neighbours.
    We shouldn't need to have the most draconian restrictions in Europe for a virus which killed less than one person per day for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Myhole Martin don't fill me with confidence, didn't see much of him over the summer, took his holidays for himself and had to be called back to work by the opposition, like that's like a farmer talking his holidays half way through lambing season. It would have been funny if it wasn't so serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Neddyusa wrote: »
    Its failure to plan by senior civil servants that has put hundreds of thousands of livelihoods at risk, not your neighbours.
    We shouldn't need to have the most draconian restrictions in Europe for a virus which killed less than one person per day for months.

So you're agreeing that the first lockdown succeeded. Why won't this one be effective also?

BTW Kerry, MM makes it about as far as Courtmacsherry for his hols. Hardly a big call back.

Water John wrote: »
    So you're agreeing that the first lockdown succeeded. Why won't this one be effective also?

BTW Kerry, MM makes it about as far as Courtmacsherry for his hols. Hardly a big call back.

Of course it didn't succeed - the WHO have said lockdowns should not be used and only work if you have a strong exit-plan for when its lifted.
    We didn't have a plan for living with Covid back then and we still dont now!
    Rolling lockdowns, Hoping it goes just away, or hoping a magic vaccine appears is not a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

Try telling that to people in cootehill. See how safe they feel about schools

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

frank8211 wrote: »
    Try telling that to people in cootehill. See how safe they feel about schools

The problem isn't schools, it's the parents not being responsible, if their children weren't spreading it in the school they'd be spreading it in the parish.
    For every case now there's someone acting the brat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,155 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I see in the Journal that calves are exempt from tb testing up to 120 days old, the same as it was during the last lockdown.

Base price wrote: »
    I see in the Journal that calves are exempt from tb testing up to 120 days old, the same as it was during the last lockdown.
    That's good news, thanks

Loads of places seem to be staying open. It's either a lockdown or it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

We were just notified of 2 positive cases in 6th year of our like secondary school, not sure yet if they're in any of our lads classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭selectamatic

We were just notified of 2 positive cases in 6th year of our like secondary school, not sure yet if they're in any of our lads classes.

Take note of any subsequent testing regarding contacts in the school setting if you hear anything on the grape vine. Slim to none has become the norm though

Bad outbreak in a nursing home in the west

Take note of any subsequent testing regarding contacts in the school setting if you hear anything on the grape vine. Slim to none has become the norm though

No wonder there's been no evidence of transmission in schools so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Bad outbreak in a nursing home in the west

https://twitter.com/DrMartinDaly/status/1319199971267235848?s=19

An awful situation to arise

Advertisement