Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

For my Ravens we don’t have many needs but I’d like

Edge rusher - Za’darius Smith & Pernell McPhee were day 3 picks

Blocking tight end - Thaddeus Moss from LSU is widely mocked

Cornerback - Every team should take a cornerback or two every draft. The Ravens will take someone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Any good live trackers online showing trades? Was expecting some picks and trades were made but I don't know for who or what etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Any good live trackers online showing trades? Was expecting some picks and trades were made but I don't know for who or what etc.

NFL .com do a draft tracker.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    NFL .com do a draft tracker.
    Yeah, it's like treacle though. I was hoping there was better out there. Cheers though.

Yeah, it's like treacle though. I was hoping there was better out there. Cheers though.

It's the only one I know of but I'm sure most of the sports networks like espn, cbs sports do them but I've never used them.

Btw you can listen to the draft coverage that NFL network are showing using tune in and it's the first result when you search NFL. Helps me listen to NFL game day morning during the season when I was out and about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Wikipedia page for it is surprisingly quickly updated and easy to navigate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_NFL_Draft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Foxtrol wrote: »

Trades don't seem to be captured there (not showing the SF to Redskins round 5 for example)

I've ESPN's tracker open but while it does show where the pick is because of a trade, it doesn't give details of the trade until after the pick has been completed.

First of back to back picks for the eagles.

Eagles traded the second of two picks to the cowboys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Looks like they traded one to the Cowboys.

That'll do.

Cheers.

Why did Philly trade to Dallas? That's so weird!

Remember the old days when this was held in New York and there were always a few diehards who were there from Pick 1 to the Mr. Irrelevant pick? How the hell do they do that? I can only take an hour or so of this at at time. I know the answer is drink and lots of it but still, that's some commitment.

Just noticed that they made BB cover the Apple logo on his laptop with a home made Patriots sign!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Snap!

adrian522 wrote: »
    Snap!

My quick fingers from years of playing Tetris got me in a millisecond ahead of you!

Seems good value for both teams. Breida is great but seems injury prone and the 49ers can draft well with a fifth and go with the hot hand at RB anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Masked Man wrote: »
    Just noticed that they made BB cover the Apple logo on his laptop with a home made Patriots sign!

The NFL had to stop all commentators from calling the Microsoft Surface tablets the coaches use on the sidelines 'iPads' when the league first started allowing tablets and Microsoft bought the rights to provide the hardware. MS was p*ssed off because they were paying millions and commentators kept calling their tablets 'iPads' during every game. :pac:

Oat23 wrote: »
    The NFL had to stop all commentators from calling the Microsoft Surface tablets the coaches use on the sidelines 'iPads' when the league first started allowing tablets and Microsoft bought the rights to provide the hardware. MS was p*ssed off because they were paying millions and commentators kept calling their tablets 'iPads' during every game. :pac:

Sean Payton, either intentionally or unintentionally broke a few sponsor rules on night 1 too.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-south/new-orleans-saints/1-nfl-coach-violated-the-leagues-sponsor-rules-last-night

Remember the old days when this was held in New York and there were always a few diehards who were there from Pick 1 to the Mr. Irrelevant pick? How the hell do they do that? I can only take an hour or so of this at at time. I know the answer is drink and lots of it but still, that's some commitment.

I'm finishing off my thesis at the minute so this is being cast to the TV and its a welcome hum in the background. No way I would watch after Round 1 normally.

Any sports is good sports at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The commercial break on NFL network was so long, they missed pick 158, 159, 160 and 161 live.
    Incredible.............

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

49ers trading Goodwin to Eagles now as well.

Getting salary off the books for guys that wont play and getting picks back

The commercial break on NFL network was so long, they missed pick 158, 159, 160 and 161 live.
    Incredible.............

I know sure but that happens every draft where the later round picks appear in the screen but don't show an announcement. Again the eagles trade away a pick.

49ers trading Goodwin to Eagles now as well.

Getting salary off the books for guys that wont play and getting picks back

Well the eagles need WRs and not QBs.

Eagles take John Hightower WR Boise state.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Masked Man wrote:
    Seems good value for both teams. Breida is great but seems injury prone and the 49ers can draft well with a fifth and go with the hot hand at RB anyway.
    The hot hand is Mostert,never seen a guy turn his career around like him. He is as good as there is in the league I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Jake Fromm gone to Buffalo. I know nothing about the college game but did watch him in QB1 on Netflix, and seemed to have a good attitude. Its a good watch if you havent seen it.

Advertisement