Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL Draft

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    1am tonight I think and it's afternoon time Irish time Saturday. Well normally it is.

It's midnight here it starts tonight. And I think the time between picks is reduced to 7 minutes. So it should move along quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's midnight here it starts tonight. And I think the time between picks is reduced to 7 minutes. So it should move along quicker.

Sure midnight or 1am does time matter as much now ? Right so last night it took 17 minutes before the bengals went on the clock. What's your call on tonight jack ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Sure midnight or 1am does time matter as much now ? Right so last night it took 17 minutes before the bengals went on the clock. What's your call on tonight jack ?

I'll be sleeping. Redskins have no second rounder so it'll be a long time before they pick so I'll wait till I wake up for my pee in the middle of the night and check the pick then.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Itssoeasy wrote:
    1am tonight I think and it's afternoon time Irish time Saturday. Well normally it is.
    It's midnight tonight in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

cosatron wrote: »
    in all fairness, its very hard to turn down the 37th and 71th pick ye got of the chargers and in terms of the packers jumping up maybe new England were going to jump back in at 26,27,28,29. Apparently new England and the packers showed the most interest in Love.

Could Bill be gathering up picks to make a run for Lawrence next year? I still expect them to be in the final 5 picks next year but if they had capital of 8/9 picks to trade to get up, it could happen. Maybe a reach predicting it now but wouldn’t surprise me.i mean TB have 3 Tight Ends, he could of taken 1 of them if he wanted but chose 4th round pick for Gronk, he could’ve got a veteran QB but chose not to, just get the feeling he’s something up his sleeve.

Also NE had a huge gap between pics in this draft, perhaps they just wanted a couple more inbetween to load up.

• Advertisement

Bill always has something up his sleeve but winning is no.1 always. I don't see any way he'd go after Lawrence and not this far out. Anything can happen in a year, injuries loss of form etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Little surprised at people having Wirfs as their top rated tackle. Especially when he's largely projected to play guard. He was the 4th for me from the main group.

Had Thomas and Wills on about the same level, so I'm pretty happy as a Giants fan.

For those who have NFL gamepass there is a condensed version of the first round last night.

I rate Antoine Winfield jr.as the top safety, wouldn't mind seeing Belichick grab him early in the third as both our starting safeties turn 33 in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

eagle eye wrote: »
    I rate Antoine Winfield jr.as the top safety, wouldn't mind seeing Belichick grab him early in the third as both our starting safeties turn 33 in August.

He seems to be very much in the mould of Bruschi, Ninkovich, Mayo etc.

Not all that special physically, but supremely intelligent when it comes to football.

Mike Reiss says "when the Patriots trade down, it is because they feel they can get a similarly-graded player at the spot they moved to, while picking up an additional asset. One example: In 2013, they likely would have taken Jamie Collins at 29. Moved to 52, got Collins ... and then some."

Could easily be that Bill saw how things were playing out with none of McKinney, Delpit or Winfield off the board and was satisfied that he could still get his safety by trading down and getting an extra pick along with it.

Wouldn't be surprised if we traded even further back from the 2nd round pick we have. All safeties and tight ends are still on the board, two of our biggest needs. Unfortunately our other two big needs - WR and LB - were heavily drafted last night.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be surprised if we traded even further back from the 2nd round pick we have. All safeties and tight ends are still on the board, two of our biggest needs. Unfortunately our other two big needs - WR and LB - were heavily drafted last night.
    Just on the tight ends, Thaddeus Moss is who I'd love us to get. I just think he has a great career ahead of him. He had a tough time of it with injuries but showed what he can do last season and I think there's a lot of development still to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭letowski

Have to say, there is some very nice RBs left in the draft. I think the likes of Swift, Taylor and Dobbins can come in and give a team a quality starter year one. D'andre Swift is an excellent prospect in his own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

We go again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Expecting anything out of the ordinary tonight lads???

Bengals HC zac Taylor I'm jealous of him.

Tee Higgins first off the board. Two tall receivers on the perimeter for Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Give him weapons to succeed

Good pick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

I imagine this will start a run on WR now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Good call

Pittman to the Colts

Tee Higgins wasn't too shaby on the hardwood either.

• Advertisement

WR go 2 for 2 at the start of the 2nd round, Pittman going to the Colts

Tee Higgins wasn't too shaby on the hardwood either.

Those dunks were pretty impressive

Man oh man, Burrow now has AJ Green, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins and John Ross to throw to. That's scary, so long as he gets time to throw the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Straight in, no messing tonight. Much better.

Happy enough with Pittman to the Colts. Should be a good receiver for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Matt Patricia would want to keep away from his son or he'll stab him with that feckin pencil of his...

Joe burrow has got some nice weapons to throw to this season. The stat is that the bengals haven't won a playoff game in 29 years which considering Marvin Lewis was their coach for so many years is amazing.

There is huge depth in this wide receiver class.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Not too thrilled with another RB.
    Much more glaring holes on the roster; for example our pass rush consists of Flowers & that's it. Hoped they would stay adding defensive pieces.

• Advertisement

Giants go S.

Advertisement