Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So sick, thought we'd get Jefferson.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

letowski wrote: »
    Chargers trade into the 1st round.

I understand most years the Patriots looking to pick up a number of lower picks to hopefully hit on one or two but they have a lot of holes this year and need more quality. Guessing they'll go Kmet in the 2nd

Chargers defense is going to be extremely good next year if they can stay healthy (big if for them)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭letowski

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I understand most years the Patriots looking to pick up a number of lower picks to hopefully hit on one or two but they have a lot of holes this year and need more quality. Guessing they'll go Kmet in the 2nd

Yeah makes sense, if there is nobody there they like at #21, 13 picks is quite a hall.

Yeah makes sense, if there is nobody there they like at #21, 13 picks is quite a hall.

Didn't realise it was a 2nd and a 3rd. That is decent value. Still unsure on their extreme stacking of picks plan. They don't have room for most of them to make their team.

• Advertisement

The lack of reaction by the draftees and families is so weird

Some of the earlier ones were weird, especially Tua, but more reactions now.

Funny, I had Brandon Aiyuk as a player comp with Deebo Samuel in some aspects of his play.

2 good young dynamic WRs for the 9ers. YAC skills for receivers are important for Kyle Shanahan.

Funny, I had Brandon Aiyuk as a player comp with Deebo Samuel in some aspects of his play.

2 good young dynamic WRs for the 9ers. YAC skills for receivers are important for Kyle Shanahan.

Shocked they moved up but another YAC monster, though more speed than Deebo's power.

Makes tomorrow a quiet night though

Aaron Rodger's heir will be Jordan Love.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Interesting. GB trading up in the first round for a QB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Aaron and Matt relationship has broken down!!!! Dysfunction in green Bay!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭franglan

I'm shocked by that Green Bay pack. Aaron very much in his prime. Don't see that tapering off anytime soon. Should be looking at Josh Love later rather than Jordan Love when they need wide receivers right now. FYI - ESPN/NFL pulling on the heart strings on parents who have passed away etc.

Surprised a bit by Green Bay taking Jordan Love. Aaron Rodgers' contract isn't up until 2023, probably likely he will see it out. Seems hasty.

I love the way they keep going on about the amazing confidence that Love is the same age as Rodgers was when he was drafted.

Yeah lads, people enter the draft when they leave college. They're nearly all the same feckin age. But whatever helps you pad out the narrative you're preparing.

franglan wrote: »
    - ESPN/NFL pulling on the heart strings on parents who have passed away etc.

That one for Love was particularly uncomfortable and inappropriate I thought. Presenter rambling on endlessly about the suicide and the change of drug and the family insisting he wasn't depressed etc...not sure why they were telling us such things that seem kind of private and lurid

Aaron and Matt relationship has broken down!!!! Dysfunction in green Bay!!!!!

Joking aside, I actually think Rodgers will be pretty pissed about the pick. The Packers had serious issues with their receiving core last season and Rodgers himself has at the very least 2 years left in the tank.

Joking aside, I actually think Rodgers will be pretty pissed about the pick. The Packers had serious issues with their receiving core last season and Rodgers himself has at the very least 2 years left in the tank.

Oh yeah, I mean if they think this guy is the future then sure, as an organization they are right to pick him and have form in that regard (and Rodgers can't exactly complain given his in history), but given the contract they gave him it's kind of understandable that many fans will think it's mental to not find players to win right now.

John harbaugh went full bookshelf for his background. I preferred Mike Zimmer, sitting at a desk with the world's biggest fireplace and a herd of deer heads on the wall.

Do they think Ozzie Newsome is still the GM?

Oh yeah, I mean if they think this guy is the future then sure, as an organization they are right to pick him and have form in that regard (and Rodgers can't exactly complain given his in history), but given the contract they gave him it's kind of understandable that many fans will think it's mental to not find players to win right now.

I think this tweet was good lol

https://twitter.com/knicks_tape99/status/1253525757483257861

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Everything Packers now is just Haahahahahah

Chiefs offense even more dangerous than last year.

Not shocking but a good first night of the draft. Good to have some kind of sport back

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Interesting. GB trading up in the first round for a QB

Rodgers has been declining (slightly) steadily for a number of seasons now and they have kind of changed everything for him over the last couple of years and bottom line is it's still not gotten done. Only thing left to change is qb pretty much.

It's a results business, not a bad idea to look ahead a little and either light a fire under his ass or get his replacement into the building to learn from one of the best to do it with a view to taking over in a year if it comes to it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If the Packers end up having drafted their 3rd GOAT QB in a row I'm jumping off a bridge. I can't handle another 15 years of misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Foxtrol wrote: »
    We might as well agree to disagree. Best of luck to the Broncos tonight

I am a happy camper - no trade up and we get the WR that is probably best suited to help a young QB.

I think Lamb has more upside but I am delighted with the pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What time did it end at last night? I quit after San Diego. It was very slow and dragged out I thought. I know it's always like that but I thought with it being a virtual draft they'd be able to move it along a bit quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

What time did it end at last night? I quit after San Diego. It was very slow and dragged out I thought. I know it's always like that but I thought with it being a virtual draft they'd be able to move it along a bit quicker.
    I don't know if they could've gone much faster, the clock started once the time prior had their pick in, so essentailly the delay was caused by whoever was submitting the picks for each team.
    I don't know why the Bengals took so long to submit theirs; for drama, hoping to be offered a massive bounty to trade...
    Other teams at lease could say they were fielding calls (or waiting to see if anyone called) about trading

Itv as after 5 am when the Chiefs blew me away taking, at best, the fourth best RB on the board.

Best value of the night was Jeudy at 22, insane to get him that far down. Laughing at the Raiders taking Ruggs where they did and then the ludicrous pick of Arnette. They could have traded down and got him at the end of the round easily.
    Jags did very well, their D could be close to where it was three years ago.

I'd imagine Aaron Rodgers is pissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

eagle eye wrote: »
    Best value of the night was Jeudy at 22, insane to get him that far down.
    Jeudy went at 15, Justin Jefferson went at 22:confused:

Advertisement