Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to the Cinema during Covid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

silverharp wrote: »
    Top Gun is the only film I think I want to see this year

Ghostbusters could be good too if they get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Still no sign of the lighthouse opening on Monday....

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Might be doing the same as the IFI and opening on the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

I was way off. They're reopening on the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

“Nobody “ is getting a release in the odeon although there’s a whole thread of people who’ve seen it already :)

Excellent movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

sterz wrote: »
    I was way off. They're reopening on the 25th.
    I saw that seemingly they are mid refurb.

I am going to the odeon point village to see a quiet place part 2 on Monday. Big screen and it's like a ghost town at the best of time.
    Plus I had a voucher from 2019 so it was free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Ghostbusters not out until November? :eek:

Ms

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Ghostbusters not out until November? :eek:

Good. I should have my vaccine got by then be it one or two jabs.

Got myself tickets to the phillo documentary . Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

Just booked the odeon for Monday night. Really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Off to the Point on Monday to see the new Conjuring film. I can't wait. I haven't been since the week before the first lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭appledrop

Just booked into Stella cinema for a Quiet Place 2.

So excited!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

How much are tickets in Odeon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭santana75

Got myself tickets to the phillo documentary . Looking forward to it now.

Where is that playing?

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    How much are tickets in Odeon?

€8 but if you’re a member (free) they have saver Monday for €6

santana75 wrote: »
    Where is that playing?

stella cinemas rathmines and ranelagh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Cineworld is re-opening on Friday 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Lighthouse Cinema reopening on 25th June.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Had a look at Vue, only film showing up is "Hey Duggee at the movies" on 27th.

Ms

F1ngers wrote: »
    Had a look at Vue, only film showing up is "Hey Duggee at the movies" on 27th.

Very disappointing alright. Must be getting it hard to get there employees back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Great to see everyone getting ready for the cinema re-openings.

Same her, booked to see A Quiet Place 2 tomorrow afternoon.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Great to see everyone getting ready for the cinema re-openings.

Same her, booked to see A Quiet Place 2 tomorrow afternoon.

Really good reviews so far aswell so it's looking like it won't disappoint.

Great to be back in a cinema but the idea was a terrible experience.

Counted 22 people either mot wearing a mask or wearing it under their chins with no enforcement from the staff/management.

Despite being sold out, people were still turning up. Then they were selling takeaway food and people were wueueing to buy that mixed in with people who wanted to see the movie.

Got to the place at 19:50 for a 20:30 movie, got into the screen at 21:05. Missed about 20/30 mins.

First day back and all that but can’t believe they were so disorganised and didn’t anticipate this.

Not impressed.

They should have had a separate queue for take away and then prioritised based on start time.

Had invested in proper atmos surround and a big screen suiting the first lock down. Looks like I’ll be going back to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

I went to the cinema in Dundrum today and thought place was filthy. Carpet was black and sticky. Would've thought the might have used the lockdown to give the place a bit of a cleanup but obviously not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

OU812 wrote: »
    Great to be back in a cinema but the idea was a terrible experience.

Counted 22 people either mot wearing a mask or wearing it under their chins with no enforcement from the staff/management.

At their seats or in the lobby area when walking around? As I'm fairly sure you don't have to wear the mask at your seat in the cinema like in a restaurant etc.

GT89 wrote: »
    At their seats or in the lobby area when walking around? As I'm fairly sure you don't have to wear the mask at your seat in the cinema like in a restaurant etc.

In the lobby. No mask required while seated

Went to Omniplex last night to see A quiet place II and it was a glorious experience. Great to be back, the movie was an absolute belter, everything ran smoothly. Walked in, was directed up the stairs, scanned ticket, took seat, simple and no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭appledrop

If any of you live in Dublin you should go to Stella cinema, the difference in the experience is unreal. You pay more than local cinema but its worth every penny.

We went yesterday afternoon, had ordered hot food and popcorn.

The popcorn and drinks were waiting for us in our seats and hot food brought down to us.

It's only a small cinema but very spacious between seats and only about 40% full yesterday(probably due to nice weather!)

Quiet Place 11 was brilliant and you wouldn't get the atmosphere watchinh it at home on your TV.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

appledrop wrote: »
    If any of you live in Dublin you should go to Stella cinema, the difference in the experience is unreal. You pay more than local cinema but its worth every penny.

We went yesterday afternoon, had ordered hot food and popcorn.

The popcorn and drinks were waiting for us in our seats and hot food brought down to us.

It's only a small cinema but very spacious between seats and only about 40% full yesterday(probably due to nice weather!)

Quiet Place 11 was brilliant and you wouldn't get the atmosphere watchinh it at home on your TV.

I always make a point of going to the Stella if I'm in Dublin and I have a few hours to kill. It's always a pleasure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I always make a point of going to the Stella if I'm in Dublin and I have a few hours to kill. It's always a pleasure.

It's been on my visit list since I saw some article on it last year. It looks a memorable experience

Advertisement