Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭compsys

Fantastic forecast for the week. Some places could see into the mid 20s I reckon

Yes. Although for the East at least (where over a million live) it looks increasingly 50/50 as to whether Wed to Sat will be warm to hot with temps into the low 20s or whether the bloody sea breeze is going to kick in again and keep temps at only 17 or 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

compsys wrote: »
    Yes. Although for the East at least (where over a million live) it looks increasingly 50/50 as to whether Wed to Sat will be warm to hot with temps into the low 20s or whether the bloody sea breeze is going to kick in again and keep temps at only 17 or 18.

My money is on the sea breeze, as usual.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Wet in West Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Miserable

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

most of the charts are showing 23 to 25C for Dublin and the east coast on Thursday and Friday. Met Eireann are showing that annoying sea breeze in action with about 21C for western parts of Dublin but only 13 or 14C right along the beaches/east coast fringes. Hopefully we get a light southerly or slightly south-westerly to get rid of that chilly breeze.

Lovely day today again, the breeze taking the edge of the temperatures but still a pleasant 19C and hazy sunshine. Cloud and rain is gathering from the west, hopefully it won't make it this far but I think it will cloud up for the afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Yesterday evening was chilly in cork city but the wind died down and was able to sit outside till about 11, was a really lovely sunset!

Was also nice this morning however the wind is back again and its chilly and it has clouded over now :( Its about 15 degrees atm

Gonzo wrote: »
    most of the charts are showing 23 to 25C for Dublin and the east coast on Thursday and Friday. Met Eireann are showing that annoying sea breeze in action with about 21C for western parts of Dublin but only 13 or 14C right along the beaches/east coast fringes. Hopefully we get a light southerly or slightly south-westerly to get rid of that chilly breeze.

Lovely day today again, the breeze taking the edge of the temperatures but still a pleasant 19C and hazy sunshine. Cloud and rain is gathering from the west, hopefully it won't make it this far but I think it will cloud up for the afternoon.

Sometimes with sea breezes I find you can't forecast with much certainty until around 24 to 36 hours out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Strong SE wind off the Irish sea today in Arklow gusting to 45kmh,you'd want to hold onto your hat!
    Its pegged the temp back to 16c,a whole 4c colder than yesterday here

Quite an east west split this afternoon, summer in the east , winter in the west.

514234.PNG

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Supercell wrote: »
    Quite an east west split this afternoon, summer in the east , winter in the west.

514234.PNG

that 25C up near Belfast has to be a mistake! Clouding over here fully now as expected, was a beautiful sunny day up to half an hour ago.

• Advertisement

that 25C up near Belfast has to be a mistake! Clouding over here fully now as expected, was a beautiful sunny day up to half an hour ago.

Yeah there is a station up there that always give crazy numbers, dont know why they bother with it at all.

Supercell wrote: »
    Yeah there is a station up there that always give crazy numbers, dont know why they bother with it at all.

Where's showing 22? Seems a bit high too. Max seems to be around 20 in the East.

Where's showing 22? Seems a bit high too. Max seems to be around 20 in the East.

Actually thats my own station, the sea breeze has gone and the wind is now S-SW which always delivers here (Wicklow fohn). Its still fairly blowy and really does feel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Was a beautiful day here in Dublin 5 but a bit of pesky cloud blocking the sun the last half hour or so. Nice day though, between 18 and 19 degrees

I reckon it hit 20 degrees in Dublin an hour or two ago

Sun trying to get going here again in Meath, temperature currently 18C and that breeze has died down alot over past hour. Not sure if we got to 20C earlier on but we certainly got close, it was at least 19C here at lunchtime before the clouds rolled in.

Dunsany now sits at 14.2mm of rain for the month of May, the majority of this fell on Friday night during that very windy spell and then again in the form of light annoying and persistent showers on Saturday. We were sitting on 2.4mm for May up to last Friday afternoon. Another 6 days to go till the month and indeed Spring ends, it's looking highly unlikely this area of Meath will see another drop of rain till June.

If that's the case, this will make Spring 2020 a real pleasure and such a change after almost a year of generally very wet conditions leading up to Spring. The Spring rainfall total now stands at 80.6mm since 1st of March 2020 and this is very unlikely to get much further between now and 1st of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Sun trying to get going here again in Meath, temperature currently 18C and that breeze has died down alot over past hour. Not sure if we got to 20C earlier on but we certainly got close, it was at least 19C here at lunchtime before the clouds rolled in.

We got to 19.8C here in Kilkenny, yesterday the max was 19.7C, so its consistent.
    Cloudy now and 15.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Thursday looking like a cracker of a day. ile go for Newport 25 degrees @ 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Interesting to compare the solar radiation figures for e.g. the Phoenix Park for April and May this year compared to the previous three years. April well out in front and even May so far well ahead of last year's total monthy figure. With the good week to come could it beat 2017?

514295.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Stunning Lenticular clouds at sunset this evening.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=514296&stc=1&d=1590445206

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

This coming weekend could very easily be our last nice one for the summer. Will be very depressing if I dont get too enjoy a weekend at the beach this year. Thinking of breaking the restrictions,

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭King of Spades

US2 wrote: »
    This coming weekend could very easily be our last nice one for the summer. Will be very depressing if I dont get too enjoy a weekend at the beach this year. Thinking of breaking the restrictions,

First of all, it’s extremely unlikely to be the last nice weekend of the year. Second, don’t break the restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,266 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Not one thing to suggest that.

The weather has been phenomenal for like 12 weeks in a row, very doubtful this will be the last nice weekend based on recent months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

First of all, it’s extremely unlikely to be the last nice weekend of the year. Second, don’t break the restrictions.

That may be the case in the East and South, but on all past experience in the West, whenever we get it this good, this long, this early - it is a strong possibility that US2 is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Neddyusa wrote: »
    That may be the case in the East and South, but on all past experience in the West, whenever we get it this good, this long, this early - it is a strong possibility that US2 is right.

Yeah but at the same time, you've also had it this good, this long. Look on the bright side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Interesting to compare the solar radiation figures for e.g. the Phoenix Park for April and May this year compared to the previous three years. April well out in front and even May so far well ahead of last year's total monthy figure. With the good week to come could it beat 2017?

Doesn't seem like May had any higher figure than the current one for that station, but April's figure for 2011 finished at 43903. I can't remember that month at all off the top of my head. Last sunny April that sticks out for me is 2007.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

It will be the last nice weekend of Spring!!!!! I can't believe that you're complaining about the weather when summer has not even begun yet. Also, your personal wants or desires are not a reasonable excuse to travel to where you are not permitted to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

highdef wrote: »
    Also, your personal wants or desires are not a reasonable excuse to travel to where you are not permitted to go.

We don't live in a fascist state - at least the last time I checked anyway.

New Moon

Advertisement