Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

amazing day here in Meath and the breeze isn't too much of an issue compared to other days. 16C and gin blue skies. One of the few sunny days we've had above 15C this year. If the rain and showers hold off later next week and weekend, we could get close to 20C again if there will be decent spells of sunshine and an offshore wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Stunning day in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Had about half an hour of sunshine in cork city and back to grey skies :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Grand day here near Tralee, dull for much of it with sunny breaks from time to time, bit overcast this evening but sunny breaks at times.

14.1C

Coastal walk this evening here in Kerry, nice and calm, the sea quite still.

8Ir8kQ7.jpg?2

LMHMKNa.jpg?2

1qdcgE1.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

An absolutely beautiful day here in North County Dublin.

Looking like tomorrow will be another beautiful one.

Bring it on. Relaxing all day in garden you could nearly forget about the virus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

km79 wrote: »
    Unbelievable day again in south mayo

For me this has been the best run of weather in years . Mainly due to the timing of it and the fact that so often a forecasted bad day has turned out so nice
    Opposite land!!!!!!

Its definitely giving Summer 2018 a run for its money in terms of longevity, I still far preferred that spell because of the heat and the fact I could go further than my garden to enjoy it but if this keeps up for another while it'll likely go down as the best Spring I've experienced

Another stunning day of unbroken sunshine today for what its worth :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Its definitely giving Summer 2018 a run for its money in terms of longevity, I still far preferred that spell because of the heat and the fact I could go further than my garden to enjoy it but if this keeps up for another while it'll likely go down as the best Spring I've experienced

Another stunning day of unbroken sunshine today for what its worth :cool:

I was in Tenerife for a lot of that so this is better :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Today was one of the best days of the year so far, solid blue skies with unbroken sunshine and got close to 16C in the early afternoon and no sea breeze to ruin things. Tomorrow will be cooler for much of the country with the nagging easterly breeze back knocking temperatures back across much of Leinster and parts of Ulster and Munster. Low teens for many tomorrow with mid teens in some midland and western areas. It should still be a very pleasant day in most areas with plenty of sunshine, but the jumpers or hoodies may be needed in more places. Higher temperatures generally across the board from Wednesday, however we turn more unsettled later in the week with those higher temperatures.

GFSOPUK12_27_5.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

the GFS and ECM have differing views on next weekend's cold snap, lets see who is more right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam co galway 03/05/20
    2kd6eYO.jpg

• Advertisement

Hazy sunshine today in Cork City, better then the cloud from yesterday though! Windy enough and its a cool wind too.

another beautiful day here in Meath and that easterly breeze not as chilly as I expected. Currently 14C here, about 2 degrees down on yesterdays values at this time. Should be another nice day tomorrow before it starts to turn a bit more unsettled from Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Beautiful day again in the west, about 17c.
    It has been one of the best spells of weather for spring time.
    Lovely to see so many flowers around and birds singing away. Definitely seeing more wildflowers around, perhaps less chemical spraying but I am sure the extra sun helps too.

I saw a big bumblee sucking nectar from the flower of a horse chestnut tree while out for a walk.

Still hazy sun in cork city but it's surprisingly windy. Weird to see its strong enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

God I hate that guy. His comments on the Journal are insufferable, especially when it comes to cycling. He blocked me on twitter for saying he looked like a poor man's Shaun Ryder.

Go again. Any wonder you got blocked and then play the saint here.. Good lad..
    https://twitter.com/EoinFitzpatri12/status/1159121987643609089?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

A perfect day in Dublin 5, just like this day 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Nice sunny day with some cloudy intervals. Temperature topped out at 19.4°c, and was above 18°c most of the day. Strong easterly breeze there though, cooling things down.

West Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

There is a polar vortex scheduled for the US in the next while. Is it likely to effect us?

Having a can out the back
    Sun too my left
    Moon to my right
    Unbelievable weather

Had a bbq today in cork city. Hazy sunshine still but the breeze is strong and bitter so had blankets around us. Sounds so weird heasring strong wind with the leaves! Hopefully we get some of that nice weather the rest of the country is having soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Its feels like one of the best summers we have had...and summer hasn't even started yet...we might get both a good spring and summer now this time for once it has to happen sometime;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Chilly enough in Cobh today... couldn't sit or stay outside because the easterly wind was getting close to gale force at times. A shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Having a can out the back
    Sun too my left
    Moon to my right
    Unbelievable weather

Could do with a drop of rain!!!

Could do with a drop of rain!!!

Get
    Out
    Of
    It

However
    I do believe in the law of averages...........
    We are now breaking even after the disgusting run of weather from last August on
    So
    I’ll take a showery week or two in return for a couple of scorching weeks in June and July
    I’ve been away for the last two heatwaves and will most certainly not be away this year !

Get
    Out
    Of
    It

However
    I do believe in the law of averages...........
    We are now breaking even after the disgusting run of weather from last August on

i'm not sure we're there yet! 7 months of deluges vs 4 or 5 weeks of relative dry and settled conditions with a few interruptions! I'd happy take it staying mostly dry till October, maybe a few showers at night. I still haven't quite gotten over all that rain we had!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭zisdead

Looking to Bray head from Killiney

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    A perfect day in Dublin 5, just like this day 3 years ago.

May has certainly started off better than I expected.

https://twitter.com/SryanBruen/status/1257537738804547584?s=19

Still plenty of uncertainty with this northerly that's expected Sunday to Tuesday next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Fairly windy out there this morning! Great for drying I suppose.

Another dull grey day in cork city. Still strong gusts of wind too gusting.uo.to.66km/h atm, not sure about yesterday but that seemed to be stronger again. Trees in full leave make it sound loud. Crazy looking at your pictures of the sunsets and stuff, it's like a different country!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Wild morning here in a breeze that would skin you.

Advertisement