Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Winterstale

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    The other thing that’s clear here is that the players in question are pretty thick
    Driving in on sponsored cars 😂

Rules were broken and sanctions are due.

What's the relevence of a players intelligence in this situation?
    Why bring intelligence into the conversation?
    If it's only for the sake of calling someone "thick" then I suggest your intelligence is also in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Against gaa and government rules but a non story????
    How does that work
    The rules are either obeyed or not. People have been slaughtered regularly in the media for lesser breaches.
    Same standards need to be applied here- need to be severe consequences

Again I’d urge people to contact the Guards- more the merrier

Again you need to lie down :D

Remember businesses are going under as they have to adhere to regulations.
    But these lads think knocking a ball about makes them special and means the rules didn’t apply

Remember other lads were knocking a ball around as well :rolleyes:

Wonder if there was another session going on on the Southside?

Nah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Smart thing to do would have been to move the sessions around and drive unmarked cars.
    But the dunces in Dublin GAA couldn’t even figure that out

not with chief curtain twitcher you on their tail

• Advertisement

largepants wrote: »
    I've tried getting my head around this for a few hours now but I still cannot understand how the humble Dubs could have done this.

Ah that's terrible ,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Wonder could I sell the Irish Times a selfie photo of my mate, who now should be the unquestioned starting goalkeeper for his county, out training in the park last week?! Can see a few of his team mates in the background with the cone set up and all.

It's going on all over the shop. The Dublin lads just got caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

When do you think they should meet? Given most are working full time jobs.

Not at all, as per GAA HQ guidelines re-issued not two days ago.

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1376964571605401616

https://www.gaa.ie/news/covid-19-latest-update/
    These are hugely welcome developments and allow us finally to begin planning on-field activity for the remainder of 2021. However, it should also be noted that these dates are conditional and will very much depend on what happens in terms of the overall COVID-19 picture in the coming weeks. For that reason, it is more important than ever that no collective training sessions are held between now and the Government indicated return dates. Breaches in this context will not only be dealt with under our own Rules but would likely put the broader plan to return to activity in serious jeopardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

dunnerc wrote: »
    Ah that's terrible ,:D

Another very insightful and informative post. With the obligatory emoji. The passive aggressive emoji.

Another very insightful and informative post. With the obligatory emoji. The passive aggressive emoji.

Really ! passive aggressive , i think not
    As for insightful informative post , thats the only reponse your bitter anti Dublin posts deserve :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Dessie couldn't be in three places at the one time.

Yes he could, look at all the funding they get.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Yes he could, look at all the funding they get.

Still couldn't be in 3 places at one time though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Im not from Dublin.

This is really a non story.

Covid shaming, curtain twitching really needs to stop.

The fact this was apparently front page news is utterly pathetic and shows how ridiculous the country has become in all honesty.

The broke the rules, there is precedence for breaking the rules, same punishment applies.

If people are outraged over this they really need to get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

dunnerc wrote: »
    Really ! passive aggressive , i think not
    As for insightful informative post , thats the only reponse your bitter anti Dublin posts deserve :rolleyes:

What a self pwn.

What a self pwn.

Ditto

the kelt wrote: »
    Im not from Dublin.

And you are entitled to say it's fine.

And others are entitled to say it'c cheating.

That's the problem with cheating. Once caught, well the perpetrators and their supporters might say it's no big deal, it happens, others did it...and others can say they're cheats. And in fact both might be true. They are not mutually exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Imagine actually getting wound up by a few lads out training.
    I think it’s ok to pretend to be wound up so the lads you don’t like get punished.
    But if someone is genuinely wound up I actually fell sorry for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Question was in reference to poster saying it happening in the morning made it worse.

It is a breach of rules and will be dealt with I am sure.

I think people calling the guards over it are troubled

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

According to this could be Garda fines, 12 - 8 weeks bans. Plus a ban on home games in the league.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/sport/gaa/dublin-gaa-training-photos-gardai-20303799

I was wondering will Pillar be issuing any of the fines?

Plus will any ban on home games in the league mean Dublin not be allowed to play in Parnell Park? As Croke Park is not Dublin's home.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Plus will any ban on home games in the league mean Dublin not be allowed to play in Parnell Park? As Croke Park is not Dublin's home.

:pac:

Dya know, I'd actually love for this situation to occur just for the guaranteed meltdown you'd see lads having. It would be top class trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Rosita

Im not from Dublin.

Couldn't care less where you are from.

But it's a story. At a time when many have lost jobs because of restrictions, people are not allowed to travel because of restrictions, people cannot meet family etc., sports training is curtailed hugely, the All Ireland champions training as a group is a story.

You may not like that. You may not like anyone in the GAA being bothered by pesky regulations. You may have a great line in the 'curtain-twitcher', 'squinting-windows', 'you-all-need-to-calm-down' lingo, but it is a story.

It won't last long. It'll be overtaken fairly quickly. It'll not matter in the long run. If there are players suspended, they will, in traditional GAA fashion, be back just before their first significant game. But it's a story. It's definitely a story.
    The mainstream media makes those judgements and it seems to have done so in this case if the Matt Cooper show and the Claire Byrne show earlier today have shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Im not from Dublin.

Covid shaming, curtain twitching really needs to stop.

The fact this was apparently front page news is utterly pathetic and shows how ridiculous the country has become in all honesty.

The broke the rules, there is precedence for breaking the rules, same punishment applies.

If people are outraged over this they really need to get a life.

Kids all around the country have been told they can't train or go to play organised GAA, soccer etc. and won't be allowed until the end of April. It's the height of entitlement for the Dub players to think the rules don't apply to them and a very poor message for children in Dublin and all around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

According to this could be Garda fines, 12 - 8 weeks bans. Plus a ban on home games in the league.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/sport/gaa/dublin-gaa-training-photos-gardai-20303799

I was wondering will Pillar be issuing any of the fines?

Any ban on home games will be a ban on games in the county of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Kids all around the country have been told they can't train or go to play organised GAA, soccer etc. and won't be allowed until the end of April. It's the height of entitlement for the Dub players to think the rules don't apply to them and a very poor message for children in Dublin and all around the country.

Completely agree with you, really bad example. There will be 8-12 week ban handed out to the coach in question, as there was a precedent set in the suspensions handed to Cork GAA for their breaking of the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Question was in reference to poster saying it happening in the morning made it worse.

It is a breach of rules and will be dealt with I am sure.

I think people calling the guards over it are troubled

I agree. Not the place for the Gardai. They have better things to be doing, I'm quite sure.

However, the GAA needs to make an example of them as a marker for others.

A one year ban for anybody attending the session seems fair to me. And I'm a dub. What happened is akin to cheating and it has no place in our game.

*lights blue touch-paper and stands well back....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Rosita wrote: »
    Couldn't care less where you are from.

But it's a story. At a time when many have lost jobs because of restrictions, people are not allowed to travel because of restrictions, people cannot meet family etc., sports training is curtailed hugely, the All Ireland champions training as a group is a story.

You may not like that. You may not like anyone in the GAA being bothered by pesky regulations. You may have a great line in the 'curtain-twitcher', 'squinting-windows', 'you-all-need-to-calm-down' lingo, but it is a story.

It won't last long. It'll be overtaken fairly quickly. It'll not matter in the long run. If there are players suspended, they will, in traditional GAA fashion, be back just before their first significant game. But it's a story. It's definitely a story.
    The mainstream media makes those judgements and it seems to have done so in this case if the Matt Cooper show and the Claire Byrne show earlier today have shown.

Wow MatT Cooper AND Claire Byrne.

Its not a story, or maybe i should rephrase, it shouldnt be a story.

But in the pathetic curtain twitching permanently outraged world covid shaming world we live in i suppose it is a story.

Ye see people losing jobs as result of these restrictions should be a front page story but isnt, a few fellas kicking a ball around in a park is.

People not allowed to travel and meet family with only 270 people in hospital from Covid should be a front page story but isnt, a few fellas kicking a ball around in a park is.

Thats my point, the fact this is a story to some is kinda pathetic.

namloc1980 wrote: »

There are kids meeting mates for kick abouts up and down the country. Multiple parents are still bringing their kids to meet up outside in place of training.

exaisle wrote: »
    I agree. Not the place for the Gardai. They have better things to be doing, I'm quite sure.

However, the GAA needs to make an example of them as a marker for others.

A one year ban for anybody attending the session seems fair to me. And I'm a dub. What happened is akin to cheating and it has no place in our game.

*lights blue touch-paper and stands well back....

A one year ban ? ah no ban Dublin from the championship, getting tired of winning and the anti Dublin brigade on here might cheer up .

...a few fellas kicking a ball around in a park is.

Thats my point, the fact this is a story to some is kinda pathetic.

The most successful GAA team ever caught cheating is a story. It would be the same in many sports, cheating cyclists was an international story even though you could say it's just "a few fellows riding around on bikes", heck even a cheating Olympic fencer was a story when it was just "a few fellows playing with swords".

I saw that defence used a lot in the Gordon Elliott defence too, people deciding that they could stand in judgement of what was newsworthy or not. Anyway, judging by the reaction here and elsewhere, it's a story...

• Advertisement

The most successful GAA team ever caught cheating is a story. It would be the same in many sports, cheating cyclists was an international story even though you could say it's just "a few fellows riding around on bikes", heck even a cheating Olympic fencer was a story when it was just "a few fellows playing with swords".

I saw that defence used a lot in the Gordon Elliott defence too, people deciding that they could stand in judgement of what was newsworthy or not. Anyway, judging by the reaction here and elsewhere, it's a story...

Or people could have different opinions on if it's a story /cheating etc.

Advertisement