Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I would agree with a lot of what you said. We are now Kerry around 82/83 albeit having reached greater heights with the six-in-a-row, but also having lost more of the great team than Kerry did. We will win at least one of the next four or five All-Irelands, the question is whether we can win more than that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hurlers had a nice win against Antrim there yesterday, a good second half to pull away and make it comfortable mid way through the half.

Very interested in how they get on this year, it's a year for Kenny to show what they've been building towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭billyhead

It's a crucial year for Kenny. We should be aiming to win Leinster although it's a hard task.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anywhere with highlights of the Offaly v Dublin game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Yeah there was a load of wasted ball and the game passed a few lads by but I really enjoyed it. Some lovely scores taken. Rian McBride had a brilliant game, not just on the scoreboard either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Didn’t know what to make of that Dublin v Galway game in Parnell today. Second string Galway side but Dublin steamrolled them. Won pulling up. Hopefully Dublin can keep the momentum going. Between Chris Crummey or Donal Burke for MOTM I thought. Maybe McBride as well.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yes, a very good win. This is exactly what I want Dublin to do to lesser teams, win the game in the first ten minutes and keep the boot on the neck for the rest of the game, never letting them back in. It is a weird one though, Dublin usually struggle to maintain their focus over the two halves, and let teams that they should be beating off the park back into the game on a regular basis. Galway, even their second team, are not a team I'd consider "lesser". Perhaps the second string struggled a bit with a new manager in as well.

We do seem to have a bit of a hex over Galway the last few years. Don't win every game by any means, but we do seem to like playing them.

It's a mental thing with Dublin. The talent is their.

I was told the last 14 times Galway Hurlers played Dublin in Parnell Park - Galway have only won 5 times.

That is some record considering the players Galway would have had over that period in comparison to Dublin.

I would like to see the breakdown of how many were under each manager etc.

It isn't called fortress Parnell for nothing 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

That's why we're made play some of our home games in Croke Park.

We'd be unbeatable otherwise.

Brilliant news today about the lifting of restrictions.

After our inevitable O'Byrne cup victory tomorrow, we can all head to Croke park tomorrow week in pursuit of the second leg of the quadruple and listen to the rest of the country wince as they thought we were finished.

COYBIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MFPM

Sloppy enough display by Dublin so far, Small sent off for retaliation, never learns unfortunately.

Dublin a bit laboured going forward but when they break at pace they look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Dissapointed to see Small sent off again he is becoming a liabilty at this stage and it will get worse as he will be marked by the ref from now on and will get cards etc even if they are harsh very silly of him again .

The famine is over 5 long years in the O’Byrne Cup wilderness are over! Nice to see Dessie freshening it up. Interesting to see if the same fellas get run outs in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

He retaliated, a natural reaction to being punched in the face. He’s been a marked man by referees for a long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Someone has had a few pints lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I wonder were the previous 39 posts from @Richie McCaw as entertaining. Great to see non Dubs take such a close and keen interest in Dublin football. I hope @Richie McCaw will help lighting the bonfires for the O'Byrne cup celebrations! 😉

• Advertisement

Where is there denial in my post? I am a Dublin supporter who is pleased with a bit of silverware - the O'Byrne Cup. Which when you think of it is not bad for a hurling county.

Also, I am pleased that GAA supporters as yourself take such interest in Dublin football. It is nice to see and hear. So I would (on behalf of other Dublin GAA supporters) thank you for your interest and concern about Dublin football.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Wrong thread, you'd be better off putting your insightful posts here unless you're just posting on this thread to get a rise. Quite original if so

Doesn't say much for Galway so? Considering you are a Rugbyman who has recently moved to Laois I am seriously impressed with your interest in Gaelic Games. Fair play to you.

I like this song about Dublin winning the Hurling League in 2011 by 'The Merry Ploughboys' - I particularly like the line 'Hitler hit Poland in the year 39, the Dubs won the league at the very same time'.

When you think of it in the 30's Dublin hurling had a blitzkreig - AI in 1938 League in 1939.

A mini revival under Dalo an AI SF appearance 2013 Leinster win in 2013 - League win in 2011.

There are generations of Offaly or Laois hurling supporters would kill for the level of success Dalo had with Dublin.

Offaly last leinster final appearance 2004 - Laois 1985 - Dublin last year 2021.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mod Note

A few posats deleted.

Please keep the posts on topic and less of the personal style posts please.

@Richie McCaw you would do well to read the above again before posting- considering you are 'new' to Boards.

Any issues, PM, do not quote or reply to this post in thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Has anyone been able to renew their Parnell Pass online yet?

I've followed the instructions in the email issued by the county board bit when I click on the 'Renew Pass' link I get a screen saying 'there is no invoice to pay at the moment'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Worked fine for me. Might be a problem with your account. Deadline for renewal if you want a ticket for Saturday is 6pm on Wednesday so might be worth getting on to them. Although who “them” is I don’t know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭toffeeshel

We had an issue today with tickets for Saturday and got a very prompt response from sportstickets@ticketmaster.ie

I hope this helps

Advertisement