Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen Ami

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Look up" 5th gear " ami racing

They got them up on 2 wheels very easily , ( not on purpose )

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭zg3409

https://www.facebook.com/reel/604852868323098?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

Fill video on link if it works. It was half deliberate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Sure I could do that in my campervan if I hammered it in to a corner and the consequences would be the same but more serious for the bystanders...

Your every day heavily loaded box truck driver could to the same... but they don't.

There's a certain type of responsibility for everyone's safety when driving a vehicle that isn't a boring diesel Audi with lots of telemetry & idiot proofing. This vehicle wasn't designed for hard cornering at speed and that video highlights the ignorance of the fools driving, not the faults of the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭zg3409

Another view of same incident in Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpuXeKSA3I1/?igshid=OGRjNzg3M2Y=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Pure abuse that driving. Not aligned to the capabilities of the car at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It was lucky there was no one hurt. If them bollards were not there and them people were I would say some of them would have ended up in hospital badly injured.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I saw one parked up at a house in a town I passed today. Another one at a dealers.

I wonder what they are like going uphill.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,808 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Have a look at some of the vids of those two British lads in the south of France (link a few pages back). They go up plenty of hills, seems to be fine - but slow.

I will thanks. It's a pity about the restricted speed but I presume it's a safety issue. We are about 7km from a couple of towns but unfortunately the roads would be dangerous for the low speed. It reminded me of when I bought a new moped, it was restricted for the first few thousand kms to 40km/hr but did 80km/hr after that.

Ms

We are about 7km from a couple of towns but unfortunately the roads would be dangerous for the low speed. I don't get this. Why would the roads be dangerous for low speeds. There will be loads of old tractors on the roads over the next few months and they will be slower but no one says they will be dangerous. So why is the Ami dangerous and they are not? If someone is behind who want to pass its not a big machine then can pass when the road is clear and it's safe to do so if not though luck. They should not be on the road if they have no patience and have not planned for delays in their journey.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Yes I agree with you to a point and we have some back road options however some of the roads would be frightening to do 40-45km/hr on, the N3 being one. Its a real shame about the restricted speed.

I saw your photo. What is that?

Ms

Yes maybe. Is there a hard shoulder on the N3. I don't know it.

Yes it is but its obviously for safety just look at the Ami in the video above.

It's an electric Trike. It is limited in speed too. I average about 45 kph in it but have got it to 48kph.

I would only need to change the controller to get it to go faster and thought about it but maybe its for the best I never got to as it would make it unsafe in corners and mean changing the tyres too which are only rated to 51kph.

I do not intend on keeping it for long once I get to go all the places I want to go in it I will get an electric car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Yes the N3 has some hard shoulder on it but it's a 100km/hr road and even at that you would have traffic sitting on your bumper. Do you do mostly town driving? The Ami could be an affordable option as a 2nd car to some.

Ms

Awe very good. Ye mostly town driving. Yes it could but the dealers down here do not seem to be selling it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I passed a dealer on Friday who had one on the forecourt. I saw another one parked at a house.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Went and had a nosey at a couple when on holidays ,

Yeah , there's a speed issue - there is a promotional speed unlocked version - ( in the states i think ) ,( the motor manufacturer or something..)

But they were at pains to say its not something that can be just done ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Wether this is actually unlocked or just pushed down a steep hill 😕..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

I couldn't agree more. I'd be very keen to get one, but the max speed would need to be 80km/h otherwise it would be very dangerous outside of cities.

One of the videos showed a faster model and it was just a software tweak but they said nobody could have it which is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Saw a good few in France, even on rural roads. They were fine, not sure about the same results in rural Ireland given our impatience & lack of driving skills.

Ms

So I finally got to sit in one of these today and it really is great. The amount of space in it is truly amazing. The steering wheel felt great, high quality and a nice size too, the seats were way more comfortable than I thought they would be. Make it do 80km safely and I would seriesly consider buying one. Come on Citroen.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

Looks like an awesome replacement for our Citroen c-zero when the time comes - though the N11 outside of rush hour might be interesting! It's exciting enough in the c-zero and that can do 120+ but doesn't really feel like its a good idea to be honest ;-)

Is it available right hand drive yet ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Ms

No no need. It is that small that it being left hand drive would not make a difference although it did feel slightly strange but nice too.

Is just not worth it for Citroen to do that either.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

So apparently Citroen a working on an upgrade for the Ami,

Let's hope so. It wod certainly make it a better option for more people then.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Very welcome development. As much as I like (super) cheap EVs, 45km/h and a meagre 5.5kWh were both simply too mean to make the car relevant (except for those mostly young people in France without a driving license)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,538 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Exactly and even in the city occasionally the best way to cross it is a ring road, or orbital motorway like the M50. You need to be able to move in fast moving traffic.

We used to have an older small car and replaced it with a bigger hatchback because the small car struggled in fast traffic and tbh wasn't that stable at high speeds.

Will a bigger motored,bigger batteried Ami needa bigger charger ,? more suspension ? and braking ? ect ect , all leading to more weight, which needs more (some) safety gear , which all needs more battery , and more motor just to move it around ..

And then gone is the tiny cute cheap run around , and just get a dacia spring when it comes out in right hand drive

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
    Ms

I doubt it. It's already possible for it to go them speeds just Citroen has them restricted for safety.

It's just a matter of de restricting it and maybe a better more advanced maybe even lighter battery in. Maybe it will go up in price a bit but hopefully not by much. It will be expensive enough when it ever does come here if ever.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement