Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ajax wireless alarm system

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lalalady1990

Hi, so our Homesecure 1yr contract is up next month. It’s the Ajax wireless system. We have the option to buy the system outright and self monitor it. Would have considered continuing with the monitoring but it’s increasing by 7e p/m. The Homesecure app is convenient for several reason but most of all for the intruder notification. That will be gone once we acquire the system. So

A . When we get control of the system, can We pair the system with the Ajax app and continue to see the system parameter (battery life etc..)? Does the Ajax app notify the owner of intrusion?

B. Is there an option to use a secondary device (with an app to notify, preferably without a subscription service) to notify the owner of an intrusion by detecting the noise of the alarm siren? (Iv done some research into this and there appears to be nothing ideal).

Any help appreciated 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Can anyone recommend what prepaid SIM I should put into the Ajax system?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

I use a Lyca mobile sim. Throw in probably 20 or maybe €30 a year depending on how many times I accidentally set the alarm off 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

I use Things Mobile. It is designed for alarms and the like and can connect to all the networks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Hi there, looking to order an Ajax system for a new build.

Is megateh and best security still the only two options? Any value in ordering from the UK and getting shipped to the North?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Personally I would recommend Megateh - have ordered 3 separate systems with them. If you create an account you might get a slight additional discount and if you don’t you can email them and they may offer you one depending on your spend.

I had an issue with a hard drive and they replaced it and said they would manage the warranty claim themselves to speed things up.

it’s also in the EU so you theoretically have consumer rights if ever needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Inforapenny

Looking to get an alarm into the house, wireless at that, as new build house but its not wired.

The Ajax system seems to be the main system that pops up based on my searching.

I may give Homesecure a ring tomorrow to get a quote and will take it from there.

I am not in anyway DIY and would waste so much time and probably make a balls of it trying to do a self install if I bought the equipment myself. So, will most likely have to go with them unless I can get an installer to do it for me if I buy the equipment.

Wouldnt mind some sort of camera on the front and back of the house too, any idea do Ajax do similar and is it worth getting or would I be better off looking at a camera from an alternative provider.

Thanks

I too had my system installed by Home Secure, was happy to pay for three years monitoring... I'm now in full control of they system and my contract has ended.

As for camera, I have a seperate set, there's lots of good options... Blink, Arlo, Google, Eufy etc... I'm on an older contract, so have no subscription... But the cost of the subscription would be a deal breaker for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rudboy

N/a

Post edited by rudboy on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rudboy

Hi Bluefoam, I too have finished my contract with them but do not think I have full control, the hub is constantly red so can't arm it. When I go to the app and devices I have no options to change settings I'm assuming I should?

Advertisement