Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Jorge : February 29th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

giggsirish wrote: »
    Non event? It’s not even due until 1PM here. Let’s see if you still say non event in 2/3 hours. Do people read the actual weather warning before blindly commenting here?

Fair play for thinking the trolls here are intelligent enough to read :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Scotland looks like it could take a bad hit later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Oneiric, didn't want to quote all the graphics but do you put much stock in that flash ICON? It's basically saying three hours of much stronger winds than presently around Clare-galway. What is meant by "flash" in this context?

I put as much stock in it as I do with any other model. I really just posted the graphic as it is was, at that moment in time, the latest model output and to let the readers make up their own mind.

No idea what the 'flash' means. :o but it sounds somewhat 'urgent', which is probably the idea.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Mean speed picked up here over the last while, more down to the increasing frequency of higher gusts rather than the increased strength of them. Pissing rain now, which adds a little to the whole spectacle.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Wouldn’t fancy driving a curtain sider today

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Not a bad morning so far in SW Donegal. Heavy wintry showers and gusty in them but between them it's nothing unusual. I know the worst winds are to the south as the storm centre is moving over the north but still, I was expecting worst than this. See what the afternoon brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

giggsirish wrote: »
    Non event? It’s not even due until 1PM here. Let’s see if you still say non event in 2/3 hours. Do people read the actual weather warning before blindly commenting here?

That's why I said so far. Starting to pick up a bit now in fairness.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

That's why I said so far. Starting to pick up a bit now in fairness.

Fair enough. Stay safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,950 ✭✭✭✭flazio

pad199207 wrote: »

Hope the truck driver is OK but the other driver is stupid for filming while driving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

2.7C. 955hPa. 95% humidity.

It's very windy with rain and sleet.

North Kerry.

Wondering if I'll head to the beach :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭pauldry

Apart from snow and rain no wind to speak of here yet. About 60 kph max. Galway Mace seeing very large gusts. The rest of country mostly in yellow bracket but its 1pm onwards now

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

xper wrote: »
    EI837 from Munich in the hold south of Cork for the last twenty minutes

(Also weirdly, FHPJB, the A380 in Knock for recycling is showing up on Flightradar24)

Attempting to land now....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

2.7C. 955hPa. 95% humidity.

It's very windy with rain and sleet.

North Kerry.

Wondering if I'll head to the beach :)

You might want to check that pressure if you are close to sea level. I am well North of you & getting 966.

Gusts getting much stronger in Kildare now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

East Galway.

Windy enough right now. Trees swaying a bit. But nothing too bad.

Will there potentially be worse to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

aido76 wrote: »
    Attempting to land now....

Down safe after a few spins in the hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    I put as much stock in it as I do with any other model. I really just posted the graphic as it is was, at that moment in time, the latest model output and to let the readers make up their own mind.

No idea what the 'flash' means. :o but it sounds somewhat 'urgent', which is probably the idea.

From the website:
    European HD Flash (ICON-EU) (intermediate deadlines, 1 day)
    This product displays output from a special model that can adapt to rapidly changing weather situations. The model can be run every three hours to provide the most updated information both to forecasters and to you. It is run at a high resolution but only for Europe and it only goes out 30 hours into the future.

Looking outside at the whole bleak, colourless spectacle right now with the driving heavy rain and gusty winds, that some nice dry and springlike weather is something I'd not say no to for a few days, and this is coming from someone who does not normally embrace 'fair weather' spells with open arms.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Someone would need to look at the calibration of that yoke. Not believing a jump from average 37 to max 77.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Snow angel

Lightning in Sligo Leaving some electrical damage behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Crazy three hours in south mayo
    And now
    Nothing !

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Aerligus regional Bristol to Cork should be landing in half an hour........wouldn't like to be on that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Sundew wrote: »
    :D +1 reported.
    Love reading 99% of the contributions on here both scientific and old fashioned weather watching.

Back to the weather....just had a very violent gust in Sth Galway. It sounded and felt pretty bad!
    Gold finches are brave little devils ...swinging away on the Niger feeder!

The old goldfinch is a hardy little devil.i havent seen a crow all day.stayed on the perch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

km79 wrote: »
    Crazy three hours in south mayo
    And now
    Nothing !

Yeah calm just up the road in North Galway too

Complete change in Kildare from earlier. A white sky and decent frequent gusts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Pretty bad here in oranmore, possibly the most sustained storm I've experienced in my 12 years up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lads, storm ongoing, look out window!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Heavy wet snow for me here now in my part of south west Laois..126masl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Getting blowey in whest Dublin

Advertisement