Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crypto debit cards latest?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Think jimnii has one

I'll drop him a pm tmrw if I don't hear from him 1st ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

2nd on that referral code for swipe, plz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Got my first CDC 10% cashback reward discount in Lidl today, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

Got my first CDC 10% cashback reward discount in Lidl today, happy days!
    Have got a few myself now too and it is really smooth so far.
    Whether I want to keep CRO and aim for an upgraded card or swap it all to btc or tether every so often is another matter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Yep that 10% deal is pretty sweet, wouldn’t mind if they were to extend it.

Btw it is suppose to be for food but since they can’t tell the difference at M&S it works with anything else they are selling.

• Advertisement

Next month I'll be upgrading to the jade 3% card cashback. Beyond that I'm not sure whether i should stack CRO cashback rewards in earn at the enticing rates or transfer to BTC for the long term.

Curve now works with Google pay so I can now use Google pay with my MCO visa

Binance are launching their card in Europe: https://www.binance.com/en/blog/421499824684900992/Binance-Visa-Cards-Are-Now-Available-in-Europe-Get-Up-to-7-Cashback

Pretty nice cash-back if you hold enough BNB, but no other perks (at first sight).

Crypto.com are moving away from Wirecard in November. This is good, but what I am a bit surprised with is that they went with another intermediary whereas Visa and MasterCard now seem to be encouraging crypto companies to be their own issuers.
    crypto.com wrote:
    Dear Valued Customer,

We would like to inform you that Payrnet Limited will be the new issuer of the MCO Visa Card UK & EU card program, replacing Wirecard Card Solutions Limited.

The switchover will be completed by 17 Nov 2020. Your MCO Visa Card will remain fully operational during the switchover. There’s no action required.

Thank you for your patience and continued support for Crypto.com

With Kind Regards,
    The Crypto.com Team

Bob24 wrote: »
    Crypto.com are moving away from Wirecard in November. This is good, but what I am a bit surprised with is that they went with another intermediary whereas Visa and MasterCard now seem to be encouraging crypto companies to be their own issuers.

I suspect it may be to do with issues getting a banking licence. Bank transfers show them as currency cloud, and it may be some time before they gain theirs so piggybacking makes sense for now.

• Advertisement

I suspect it may be to do with issues getting a banking licence. Bank transfers show them as currency cloud, and it may be some time before they gain theirs so piggybacking makes sense for now.

I don’t think you need a banking licence to issue payment cards though?

For exemple I believe Curve moved from using Wirecard to being a MasterCard principal member (meaning they can issue cards themselves), and unless I am mistaken they don’t have a banking licence.

An electronic money licence might be required though, but that should be much simpler/quicker to get than a banking licence.

I don’t think you need a banking licence to issue payment cards though?

For exemple I believe Curve moved from using Wirecard to being a MasterCard principal member (meaning they can issue cards themselves), and unless I am mistaken they don’t have a banking licence.

An electronic money licence might be required though, but that should be much simpler/quicker to get than a banking licence.

You are right about the money licence and it is easier to get but long term the aim is to have a banking licence as it makes a company a more attractive purchase to potential buyers.

Plus, it can issue loans and raise capital with a banking licence iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ananth1978

Keep an eye out for Blockcard by Ternio - https://getblockcard.com/

It's the only crypto card which gives unlimited cashback of 6.38% on all purchases. Others have a tier based system for cashback where the % varies depending on the dollars you spend in a month.

Blockcard is only available in US. They are awaiting Europe release soon.

Another current EU alternative is Crypterium - www.crypterium.com but the cashback is low.

Up until a few months ago, crypto cards issuers were a fairly small group or companies and not growing very much.

It now looks like since CC companies have announced their fast-track onboarding process for crypto companies the amount of crypto card issuers is sky rocketing.

Good for competition but this will surely lead to some consolidation of the market and some of them failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Wirex doing crowdfunding and rolling out new functionality and promises to shake up the market.....ish - need min of 5000 WXT I think and register.... starts on Monday I think

Have about 50k WXT and thinking of lobbing in a grand and spin the dice :)

I think it's min of €50 worth of WXT to register

• Registered Users Posts: 65,221 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

So I got my free crypto.com card today and loaded it up with a bit of money.

What's next? What places online and what places in actual shops in Ireland will give you a percentage payback?

unkel wrote: »

What's next? What places online and what places in actual shops in Ireland will give you a percentage payback?

Justeat, Aldi, Lidl and a few others all have 10% boost.
    Not that I'm a fat bastard or anything :P

Be sure to switch your Spotify and any and all subs over to it too.
    I've even got my Broadband on mine! Minimum 2% back on it all.

Edit: found the list of bonus 10%
    image.png

banie01 wrote: »

For reference these are for Crypto.com Pay gift vouchers. Completely separate from the card.

For reference these are from Crypto.com Pay gift vouchers. Completely separate from the card.

Ahhh! Thanks for that Bob.

• Advertisement

If you got the free card, you will get 1% cash back in CRO form any purchase you make with the card, regardless of the vendor.

I upgraded to the next jade 10k tier of Crypto.com today, I had 1000 CRO staked for ruby card and 2% cashback and had 5000 in earn for the last 3 months at 16% that got released today. I had made 2000 CRO in rewards and interest in the last 3 months so only had to buy 2000 CRO to make the 10k which gives 3% with free Spotify and Netflix (new to me, had Spotify with 1k stake)

I upgraded to the next jade 10k tier of Crypto.com today, I had 1000 CRO staked for ruby card and 2% cashback and had 5000 in earn for the last 3 months at 16% that got released today. I had made 2000 CRO in rewards and interest in the last 3 months so only had to buy 2000 CRO to make the 10k which gives 3% with free Spotify and Netflix (new to me, had Spotify with 1k stake)

Only shame is that since they launched in Ireland, Airport Lounge access has became essentially useless. Not their fault but it is a shame as for someone who is (or was) flying regularly this is a nice added benefit on that tier.

Only shame is that since they launched in Ireland, Airport Lounge access has became essentially useless. Not their fault but it is a shame as for someone who is (or was) flying regularly this is a nice added benefit on that tier.

Only if you upgrade the physical card to a jade card, I've not bothered as it costs 50 for a card reissue and it instantly deactivates the current ruby card and takes 4-6 weeks. I get all the other upgrade benefits but not airport lounge

banie01 wrote: »
    Justeat, Aldi, Lidl and a few others all have 10% boost.

Seriously 10% of what you spend in Lidl and Aldi is added to the balance on the card? Straight away and automatically?

I only have the base free card, no plans to upgrade it.

Seriously 10% of what you spend in Lidl and Aldi is added to the balance on the card? Straight away and automatically?

Yep, tho that bonus 10% ends tmrw unless they extend again.
    The CRO is credited to the account usually instantly,there was an issue a few weeks ago where for a weekend there was a delay but all fixed fairly quickly.

With the free card it’s 5% instead of 10%, but as said above the offer ends tomorrow (unless they extend it, which they have done once before). And also there is a limit of $50 cash back ($25 with the free card) per month for that offer (passed that amount cash back reverts to the normal percentage for your card tier). See details here: https://help.crypto.com/en/articles/3857205-crypto-com-special-measures-for-june-september-2020

But besides these yeah it’s all automatic and it has been a great offer. A nice combo with that offer is that Tesco are selling gift cards for other retailers, so you can buy let’s say a TKMax, one4all, or whatever gift card from Tesco and get 10% cash back on it if you have a crypto.com card with CRO staking (5% with the free card).

So if this 5% is not extended, I'll be getting just 1% on any spend anywhere. In CRO tokens on my base (free) card?

So if this 5% is not extended, I'll be getting just 1% on any spend anywhere. In CRO tokens on my base (free) card?

Yep correct.

It is small, but if you want to grab what’s left of the offer for you, you can go to Tesco tomorrow and buy a few gifts cards to use later. You can get 5% cashback on these up to $25 worth of CRO tokens.

• Advertisement

So I found this:
    Crypto.com is offering 3 measures to provide support from the impact of the global Coronavirus pandemic throughout June to September, 2020.

3.5% credit/debit card fee waived for cryptocurrency purchases for all users for 3 months
    MCO Card Rewards
    - Increased rebates for essential purchases from supported merchants** (food, groceries and delivery)

*No CRO staked: 5% off purchases ($25 reward cap monthly)

Linky

No news if this is going to be extended yet

Advertisement